Loudon vs Alcoa--Two Best 2A Teams in TN?

DrawingDead

A lot of people in West and Middle Tenn are pulling for Loudon after that 91 point fiacso by Reid. Go Redskins!

I went back and checked the Alcoa/CAK thread...didn't see you had posted following VA-Tornado's post. Check out this link for the former SEC commissioner's opinion:

Former Southeastern Conference Commissioner Roy Kramer doesn't think that Coach Reid did anything wrong.

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/222421

Also, here's something else for you to look at where G-P's principal commented:

http://www.blounttoday.com/blnt/home/artic...4225014,00.html

I see the Loudon/Alcoa game being closer this time, but Alcoa still wins by 2 touchdowns. Alcoa actually wasn't at their best last night (not to take anything away from CAK, they were actually played a lot better against Alcoa than the 1st time they played); I think they'll have hard practices this week and get it done on Friday.

Edited by aliastn

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For my friends from West Tennessee, I'm more than aware of the quality of the programs like Milan, Huntingdon, and Camden. I grew up my entire life watching them play, and as an adult for a period of time, I was a SportsRadio host in Jackson. I've seen Milan/Huntingdon/Camden/Westview, etc. play more than a few times.

So yes, I know all about the great programs over there. For the longest time, I was their biggest advocate after moving to East Tenn. After watching Loudon this season, however, I feel confident in saying that they can play with any team in the state.

The big test comes up for them this week against Alcoa, who would be competitive in any classification in the state. I think that the winner of this game has the inside track to winning the state title, given the toughness they will have developed.

Loudon's not my alma mater, but I've adopted it as my own.

Go REDSKINS!

I'll have to agree with you on that one wingman! Many people are still bent out of shape over that mess!

I would assume everyone from middle and west is pulling for Loudon, that's a no brainer. AND the only reason why would be because it's an EASY way out for you!

ALCOA BY 20 :thumb:

The rematch of Loudon vs. Alcoa is set up again, and both teams are playing strong into the playoffs.

Alcoa, of course, is an impressive team with tons of depth and talent, who've mopped the field with pretty much everyone this season.

Loudon has been somewhat unexpectedly strong all year, with the lone blemish on the record coming from Alcoa in week 4. Despite some early struggles and turnovers against Alcoa, Loudon stuck in there, and played solid the rest of the way against the Tornados.

I think anyone in East Tennessee that wants to see a great high school football game next Friday should head over to Alcoa. I may be wrong, and Alcoa may blow out the Redskins, but I think it's going to be a dandy of a game.

Loudon's defense won't give up 91 (or 49) to Alcoa. There's going to be some tough defense both ways, but both offenses are going to make plays. I see a game somewhere in the 21-14 range. It's a coin toss IMHO which way it goes.

Granted, I'm pulling for the fellas from Loudon, but I'm smelling upset.

Go REDSKINS! Beat Alcoa!

I think this will be a good game....I will not pick a winner but everyone in Loudon knows where my prayers are. Alcoa is definately an excellent team but as I have said before anything can happen. I am sure Coach Reid and the Alcoa Players as well as Coach Harig and the Loudon players are well aware of. if both teams show up and play hard it should be an excellent ballgame. as for the argument of who is better, east or west? none of us can answer that. both ends of the state with the middle included has excellent programs. who would have thought 2-8 Shefield would have knocked out 10-0 Dyersburg in the first round. who would have thought Vandy would have taken Florida to 2 OT's . my point is this is football and anything is possible. Good Luck to Loudon next week and I hope they know that this team is bringing football pride back to Loudon.

my prediction

Just before kick off

Alcoa - 0

Loudon- 0

and the team with the most points at the end of the game wins....I should be pretty close on this one.

I expect a much tougher game this time from Loudon. Alcoa's D shut down Hawkins & Co. last time, but I expect them to do better this time. I think Loudon will give Alcoa a few problems early, but late in the game, Alcoa's depth and conditioning will win this game.

Alcoa- 35

Loudon- 14