Loudon vs Alcoa--Two Best 2A Teams in TN?

DrawingDead

Be careful about talking about impressions that your school gives.

Wingman: Where's the love, dude??? B) I don't understand why the hate for Alcoa. Did you have a bad experience or was it instilled in you at a very early age???

This will be a closer game than last time, but Alcoa wins this game by 14!!! :thumb:

Edited by aliastn

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unbelievable some of the crap on here...some people have mistaken showing class by showing their behinds

lets stick to the subject....

is sykes out for alcoa...i thought i had heard that somewhere on the radio but wasnt for sure....also is shiverdecker similar to lindsey in his running style?

i think if loudon can establish its self early (as in not fumble on the first or second play like we did last time) maybe its a different and closer game. alcoa has more talent but they (i dont think) havent played in many close games so if loudon can keep it close it should be interesting....either way good luck to both teams

Go Big Red

Sykes is out for the season with a broken arm. Drew Miller #63 and Bobby Keller #88 are solid replacements at DE; however. Shiverdecker isn't very similar to Lindsey. While both have speed, Shivy has better moves, and is harder to catch.

Also Shivy's (5'10, 170) and Dustin is about (6'1, 225), so there's a pretty big difference. You're right Alcoa hasn't really been in a close game this year. I guess the closest was the 45-35 wn over DII power McCallie, but besides that, and Maryville, we haven't really been tested. Hope this helps.

Wingman: Where's the love, dude??? :blink: I don't understand why the hate for Alcoa. Did you have a bad experience or was it instilled in you at a very early age???

This will be a closer game than last time, but Alcoa wins this game by 14!!! :thumb:

Coming from a very unbiased person, I believe ( just from what I've researched) that Alcoa has too many weapons for Louden to keep up with. As far as folks questioning the Alcoa communities class, ( running up scores) the community had no part in that just the coaching staff making a statement for the rest of the state to read. We ( Huntingdon) heard the message loud and clear and are looking to give them an answer on Dec. 3rd. ( providing we beat Milan this Friday) Huntingdon vs Alcoa, anything else would be uncivilized ! lol Good luck louden, maybe I'm wrong and if so well someone from region 7AA will be waiting in the boro for ya. B)

Sykes is out for the season with a broken arm. Drew Miller #63 and Bobby Keller #88 are solid replacements at DE; however. Shiverdecker isn't very similar to Lindsey. While both have speed, Shivy has better moves, and is harder to catch.

Also Shivy's (5'10, 170) and Dustin is about (6'1, 225), so there's a pretty big difference. You're right Alcoa hasn't really been in a close game this year. I guess the closest was the 45-35 wn over DII power McCallie, but besides that, and Maryville, we haven't really been tested. Hope this helps.

Thanks Tom, I wasnt able to see the first match up and unfortunately wont see this one either (love those Friday night college classes) but I'll catch the 3rd and 4th qtr on the air.

Thanks Tom, I wasnt able to see the first match up and unfortunately wont see this one either (love those Friday night college classes) but I'll catch the 3rd and 4th qtr on the air.

OK...I am a big Loudon fan and like others here we know that Alcoa has a bigger and tremendously atheletic starting group. I commend the one who put this progran together, I am not sure it is Coach Ried. it maybe the one before him.

here are some things that I see

* I do not see Loudon fumbling on the first play so Alcoa does not get an easy one right off the bat.

* can Loudon contain and not over pursue on the backside? they did make second half adjustments to hold Alcoa to one second half score

* can Loudon score? in game one Loudon recieved a bad spot on a pass that gave us the ball 4th and 2 on the 7 when in fact it should have been 1st and goal from the 4....Alcoa made have stopped us from there but I think we would have pushed that one in. ( I am not accussing anyone of cheating, we just got a bad spot. this stuff happens) also Loudon had a pretty good drive going in the fourth and stalled around the 30-40 yardline.

* Has Alcoa improved since the last time Loudon /Alcoa played?

* Does Loudon play for four quarters? that is what it will take to keep the game even close.

* will this be a full crowd on both sides? I think $7.00 a head is hard on some families 0f 4+.

* I think niether team scores over 30 points. with this I may be wrong but Loudon is better than some give them credit for ( not taking anything from Alcoa ) I just feel this will be a good game.it should be good football weather.

again my prediction

Loudon - 0

Alcoa - 0

at the start of the game and the winner will be the one with the highest score at the end. good luck to both teams but my prayers for victory go to Loudon

Edited by Fan2Fan

Alcoa has not played a team that could give them a game since Sept. 23rd. Yes Alcoa has improved but not as much as they would have had they played in some tougher games. Also the loss of Sykes is huge for the defense. Loudon will keep it pretty close until late in the 3rd quarter. Alcoa 35 Loudon 17.

Alcoa has not played a team that could give them a game since Sept. 23rd. Yes Alcoa has improved but not as much as they would have had they played in some tougher games. Also the loss of Sykes is huge for the defense. Loudon will keep it pretty close until late in the 3rd quarter. Alcoa 35 Loudon 17.

I hope you are wrong....I do not see either team scoring 35. and I do agree about Sykes....he was over shadowed by Warrens ability. Sykes is a player

OK...I am a big Loudon fan and like others here we know that Alcoa has a bigger and tremendously atheletic starting group. I commend the one who put this progran together, I am not sure it is Coach Ried. it maybe the one before him.

here are some things that I see

* I do not see Loudon fumbling on the first play so Alcoa does not get an easy one right off the bat.

* can Loudon contain and not over pursue on the backside? they did make second half adjustments to hold Alcoa to one second half score

* can Loudon score? in game one Loudon recieved a bad spot on a pass that gave us the ball 4th and 2 on the 7 when in fact it should have been 1st and goal from the 4....Alcoa made have stopped us from there but I think we would have pushed that one in. ( I am not accussing anyone of cheating, we just got a bad spot. this stuff happens) also Loudon had a pretty good drive going in the fourth and stalled around the 30-40 yardline.

* Has Alcoa improved since the last time Loudon /Alcoa played?

* Does Loudon play for four quarters? that is what it will take to keep the game even close.

* will this be a full crowd on both sides? I think $7.00 a head is hard on some families 0f 4+.

* I think niether team scores over 30 points. with this I may be wrong but Loudon is better than some give them credit for ( not taking anything from Alcoa ) I just feel this will be a good game.it should be good football weather.

again my prediction

Loudon - 0

Alcoa - 0

at the start of the game and the winner will be the one with the highest score at the end. good luck to both teams but my prayers for victory go to Loudon

This will be the toughest game for Alcoa since McCallie. However, Alcoa is in such a rhythm right now that it will be a long shot for anyone to stop them. It's almost like if they don't score 50 in a game everyone thinks they had an off night.

The last time these two played Alcoa did not have one of its better games but they still won 28-0. I think Loudon plays tough but Alcoa's speed, speed, speed will allow them to pull away.

You can never say that no one has a chance and I think Loudon's chances rest on one or two things. Will Fiegler be off with his passes (he has had better games than last week) and Alcoa turnovers. If Alcoa protects the ball and Fiegler is his usual self it will be game, set, match.

Alcoa 42

Loudon 13

**Although I will say that in the event that the unthinkable happens, as an Alcoa fan if AHS can't win the state then I hope Loudon does. But Alcoa is on a roll and it should be business as usual