Lexington vs. David Lipscomb

delicousD

Lex is all talk. They arent as good as people say they are. they are good but not as good as people say. DL will run away with this one if they play like they have all year long. I saw the Lexington CW game and Lex. got lucky that CW gave up 2 early turnovers. If wasnt for them two turnovers CW would have won easy.

The two-post wonder with such a grasp of the English language.

Unfortunately turnovers are a big part of the game. I'll even dare say they will play a role Friday night.

Anybody got any thoughts on how the 20-something degree temps might play a role into this?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what type of competition Notre Dame has played? (Very good, decent, bad)?

I happen to have done a reasonably-detailed study of Notre Dame recently. I saw 4 of their game films and (being in the Chattanooga area) visited their campus. Here are some impressions:

1. They are definitely the team to beat.

2. Their defense is tremendous and is there strong suit. No one has run on them, including Pearl Cohn with its two talented backs. This week they have to shut down the White House kid who has rushed for 1600 yards--and they will.

On defense they are quick, well-coached and prepared, and will knock your jock off. No team has rushed for 200 yards and no single back has rushed for 100.

3. They stop your run first and, when you have to pass, they eat you alive with their blitzes/pass rush. They are a kind of throwback to the kind of pre-Spurrier SEC defenses you used to see at LSU and Alabama before the conference started playing "basketball on grass."

4. They have to excellent running backs--Carthron and Spurlock. These are not the dancers and sprinters; they are slashers and they finish off their runs.

5. Modern blocking techniques have passed them by. With the new rules allowing use of the hands (Blocking has become shoving.), ND High ignores this and goes on firing out low and butt-blocking the opponent off the line. I think some people in Middle and West Tennessee are going to be surprised and the

physical nature of this team.

6. Kicking game is good. EXP guy has some field goals in the low and middle 30's.

7. They come from a tough region. 3 3-A has 9 teams, so they played only 2 inter-regional games--against Double A Marion County and 4A Hixson.

8. The 4 teams which represented region 3-A were Notre Dame, Polk County (8-2), Meigs County (7-3) and East Ridge (6-4).

9. Notre Dame has given up no more than two touchdowns in any game this season.

10. Because I like hard-hitting defense oriented football and slashing, trapping

offenses which run the ball, I would rather watch this team play than any other I have seen this year.

HAVING SAID ALL THAT, THIS IS FOOTBALL, THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS, THESE ARE TEENAGERS, AND STRANGE THINGS HAPPEN; THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES AND WHY WE GO TO SEE THEM.

lglipscombflag2.gif

See Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes and Highlites for the David Lipscomb-Lexington Game at The Mustangfanpage.

See also: Stats at a Glance, Scouting Report on Lexington, Polls and many other features within. The Mustang Depth Chart will be updated late this afternoon. Lexington fans will find a page for directions and facility information. For Fans of both Teams.

11:30AM Purple Shoe Gang paints the field

1:00 Purple shoe gang watches game film

2:30: Rumor mongering

2:30 Chuck Ross makes his appearance at the field

3:30 The Grills are fired up and the cooking begins

4:30 Ticket Box Office Opens

5:30 Tailgate parties begin

5:30 "Lipscomb Game Day" Internet Show comes on the air with host Peter Powell and Debbie Lundy, broadcasting live from the Concourse.

5:45 Mustangs walked the field. Bagpipes will be playing.

6:30 Pre-game show airs on AM 1160 WAMB Radio

7:00 Kickoff and Broadcast of the Game

Lexington Fans are welcomed to join in.

Fans inside the stadium will be able to hear the broadcast on 101.5 FM. Fans around the world will be able to hear the game live over the internet on the Mustangfanpage.

The two-post wonder with such a grasp of the English language.

Unfortunately turnovers are a big part of the game. I'll even dare say they will play a role Friday night.

Anybody got any thoughts on how the 20-something degree temps might play a role into this?

The fact that these players at Lipscomb have played all through November before each year will put the cold factor as an edge to the mustangs

What kind of offense does DL run? What type of defense's have typically caused DL problems?

What is their bread and butter play when they have to have 3 yards for 1st down?

What is their base defense? What type of offense causes them the most trouble?

Do do do do doop Inspector Vol

Do do do do doop do doo (ooo ooo)

Go, Vol, go

Do doop do doop do doo doop do do do doop

Go, Vol, go

Do doop do doop do doo doop do do do doop

Do do do do doop do doo (ooo ooo)

(Dum Dum)

Keep working there, Inspector. Maybe you can be the one to crack the case.

Guest catfish-hunter

What kind of offense does DL run? What type of defense's have typically caused DL problems?

What is their bread and butter play when they have to have 3 yards for 1st down?

What is their base defense? What type of offense causes them the most trouble?

You ever watch Kentucky play under Hal Mumme???? They run alot of draw plays their back, Elrod, and outside of that they like to "sling it". Their "bread & butter" play is the draw to Elrod. Tell your linemen don't get too physical on third down or they'll run right by the ball carrier :)

The two times they had "trouble" offensively this year was against Greenbrier & the second round matchup vs Cheatham Co. We had a great gameplan to cover those speedy wideouts that killed us the first time around and we did a good job of containing that little Elrod kid.

They like to throw it to that tight-end (#96) down the field. He will remind you alot of Chiefs tight-end Tony Gonzalez. He's a big athletic kid who can RUN!!!

The fact that these players at Lipscomb have played all through November before each year will put the cold factor as an edge to the mustangs

I was thinking the same thing. DL plays deep in the playoffs every year. Thats a plus for them.This is like a second season to them, they expext to be here every year. But, this group of players as well as the coaching staff at Lexington knows that this maybe is the only shot they have at the 'boro for a long time. They have to go all out every play every quarter and they know that. Just listening to Buckley after the Liberty game (the link is at jacksonsun.com and DL's website ), lets you know what this season is all about, RESPECT. They've had none at the begining of the season, and at 12-0 they have none now. As long as they feel disrespected they're still hungry, and a big threat to anybody.

You know all I was after was a little generic info to help me out as a fan since I have never seen DL and don't know anything about them and all I can get is some guy channeling the pink panther and something about some stupid Mummeball? :huh:

Come on guys I am not asking for inside info. Fans don't get the benefit of watching film so this is all we have.