Maryville @ Morristown West

FBEmeritus

TrojanE;

Good response and fair enough. I like to look at numbers you may have noticed, after all everyone says MW?s Ewing is the real deal. Well I think he is just look at his numbers. I believe he is a great HS RB based upon previous performance numbers. To predict which team I think is going to win I look at the following information on Massey Ratings. Maryville is currently #1 in the state of TN, all classes. I don?t think Maryville is but this group of people do. Then you have #2 Alcoa, #7 Knox Cent, # 19 Powell, # 31 Halls, #32 William Blount then at #33 Morristown West. Five of those ranked teams were on Maryville?s schedule and Maryville beat everyone of them handily! Further #6 Oak Ridge and #21 Kingsport DB were bested during the pre season. I don not think Alcoa is #2 because the other teams that I watch Maryville dismantle were tougher than Alcoa was. So Maybe the Massey Rankings mean nothing, but they are respected around the sports world.

Murphy Fair is pretty respected and he has Maryville #1 and MWest at #2 in 4A

The Elmo Branam Computer Ratings have Maryville #1 in the state and MW at #26.

Sonney Moore thinks in 4A Maryville is on top and Knox Central is #4 and MWest #5.

Prior to the play-offs earl Nall had Maryville #1 and MWest #10 in 4A.

The Sports Report Ranking System has Maryville at #1, Knox Central #2 then MWest at #3 with Powell #5.

Now Polls are nice to look at but I don?t think they tell the tail but if you ask anyone who follows high school football, if Morristown West can beat Maryville this Friday they would tell you no. But there is that any given day thing, and if Maryville does not take care of business, like they failed to do in 03 vs. MWest then me and every pronostgator would be wrong. This year I say Maryville takes care of Business.

By the way how is the field holding up in this rain?

Looking at all the ratings, I can understand your thoughts. I guess the pronostgators only have the records of opponents and how we scored/defended against them to determine their ratings. I know they don't watch each game. Its really all a big guess. See, there were 3 or 4 games (in the forth quarter) Coach

Woods would drive down to the opponents 20 yard line and take a knee on 4 consective scores just to give the ball back. Not to mention any names, but we scored 42 pts on one team by half and didn't try to score the entire second half. I'm sure u guys had few opportuties to do thay because of your schedule being so tough. I like to think the best 4 teams in the state are still in the playofffs!

As for the field, it is OK at best. As you know, we share the field with Mo East; both schools JV's and Freshmen, along with all Hamblem Co. middle schools. So it has had its share of games this year. I would love to get permission to play the game at Carson Newman or UT. I remember back a few years ago I watched Central and Jeff County play a regional game at UT. The field will not be in great shape if it rains all week as forecasted. Whats your thoughts on Carson Newman or UT? I would hate for either team to be hurt by bad playing conditions. No fun for anyone!!! By the way, have you seen CN's new facility? Pretty awesome!

I personally think its gonna be a WAR... a high scoring WAR.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at all the ratings, I can understand your thoughts. I guess the pronostgators only have the records of opponents and how we scored/defended against them to determine their ratings. I know they don't watch each game. Its really all a big guess. See, there were 3 or 4 games (in the forth quarter) Coach

Woods would drive down to the opponents 20 yard line and take a knee on 4 consective scores just to give the ball back. Not to mention any names, but we scored 42 pts on one team by half and didn't try to score the entire second half. I'm sure u guys had few opportuties to do thay because of your schedule being so tough. I like to think the best 4 teams in the state are still in the playofffs!

As for the field, it is OK at best. As you know, we share the field with Mo East; both schools JV's and Freshmen, along with all Hamblem Co. middle schools. So it has had its share of games this year. I would love to get permission to play the game at Carson Newman or UT. I remember back a few years ago I watched Central and Jeff County play a regional game at UT. The field will not be in great shape if it rains all week as forecasted. Whats your thoughts on Carson Newman or UT? I would hate for either team to be hurt by bad playing conditions. No fun for anyone!!! By the way, have you seen CN's new facility? Pretty awesome!

I personally think its gonna be a WAR... a high scoring WAR.

Oh man, you got a great idea there! That would be great to play on CN's new field. I have to go through there for work from time to time and I drove by and saw it for myself. They got a great new field. You have a very good idea and playing on the turf there would give the winning team great practice for the game at MTSU! Coach's Quarles and Woods both know Coach Sparks well enough to ask. I think it is a great idea, but Morristown West could lose some serious revenue if the game was moved to CN on Friday night!

I know every school in Hamblen Co plays there and Morristown West normally has a few post season games on it to make things worse. It has rained allot today here in Blount County.

When a team has another team beat the Coach should do everything he can think of to keep from demoralizing the other team.

We should have a good game and I hope the field is in good shape.

This game will be a slugfest. Anyone thinking MOWest will be an easy victory needs to remember 2 years ago. I thought after Maryville beat Central 2 years ago that there would be no stopping Maryville from going to Murfreesboro. Well! We know what happened.

I expect a very close ballgame. I just think Maryville will win because of their defense.

2 years ago MOWest out physicaled Maryville. I think Maryville is much more physical this year than they were 2 years ago. I think Maryville's running game will give MOWest a few problems.

I can't imagine MOWest being near as good on defense as they were 2 years ago. The MOWest 2003 defense and the Melrose defense from last year were the 2 of the best defensive teams I ever saw.

Enuf BS, lets let the kids bring it Friday night. No, No wait,,,, I need some more fuel for Mo-West, keep talking Maryville; we do our talking on the FIELD! I guess if ya'll are the King on the jungle, and it hard to be humble, then that makes us the thorn in your paw. We can live with that, and no need for crying about the game being on sat. Both teams had to deal with that. :blink: GO! MO-WEST be the chink in the armor!

You have did it so well in the past. Mo-WEST by 3, Maryville crying about the color of the grass or something.

chuckles2003 Posted Yesterday, 11:13 PM

The field is as good as it get for a Tennessee November, but I am sure if the Rebs, loose there will be something wrong, too cold, moons were missed alignment, wrong socks.....

Hmmm .... talking on the field eh ?? looks like you've expanded your areas of talking now ... good luck with that !! :thumb:

Mo west has some very hardnosed running backs that like to just run it right down the middle. #40 and#21 are excellent Fb, the one thing that caught my eye was that their quickness and speed looked poor.

Defense wise their LBs are good, but so are ours. :blink:

I think we can out run them when it comes to offense. Maples is a burner and tallent and tank arent slow( neither is brent just ask central :thumb: ).

Hey chuckles,

the reason they call you that is becuase maryville fans laugh every time they read one of your post.

Edited by rebelman16

08/26/2005 7:30PM at ALCOA Won 41-21

09/02/2005 7:30PM at CLINTON * Won 37-0

09/09/2005 7:30PM HERITAGE Won 35-0

09/16/2005 7:30PM POWELL * Won 47-19

09/23/2005 7:30PM at WILLIAM BLOUNT Won 39-3

09/30/2005 7:30PM at CENTRAL * Won 17-14

10/07/2005 7:30PM WEST * Won 41-12

10/14/2005 7:30PM at SOUTH-DOYLE * Won 55-0

10/21/2005 7:30PM HALLS * Won 28-12

10/28/2005 7:30PM LENOIR CITY * Won 56-20

11/04/2005 7:00PM WHITE CO. Won 45-7

11/11/2005 7:00PM POWELL Won 27-0

11/18/2005 7:00PM CENTRAL Won 33-23

11/25/2005 7:00PM at MORRISTOWN WEST

This is Maryville schedule!!

08/19/2005 7:30PM SWAIN CO., NC Won 38-14

08/26/2005 7:30PM JEFFERSON COUNTY Won 34-17

09/02/2005 7:30PM at VOLUNTEER * Won 34-6

09/16/2005 7:30PM at DAVID CROCKETT * Won 42-14

09/23/2005 7:30PM at WEST Won 41-38

09/30/2005 7:30PM MORRISTOWN EAST * Won 21-12

10/07/2005 7:30PM DANIEL BOONE * Won 35-19

10/14/2005 7:30PM at GREENEVILLE * Won 48-0

10/21/2005 7:30PM at CHEROKEE * Won 30-8

10/27/2005 7:30PM COCKE COUNTY * Won 44-0

11/04/2005 7:00PM JOHNSON COUNTY Won 41-7

11/11/2005 7:00PM TENNESSEE Won 28-11

11/18/2005 7:00PM at SULLIVAN SOUTH Won 48-20

11/25/2005 7:00PM MARYVILLE

This is Morristown West schedule!!

If anyone knows highschool football, they know that maryville had a 100 times harder schedule than Morristown west did and they won almost all of their games with a large spread. Morristown West has had a cake walk schedule this year and it would be sad if a team like Mo West wasnt undefeated right now. Maryville has played teams that could be state champs if they werent in that region, and then morristown west is playing teams such as johnson county?, Cocke County?. Maryville will win this one easily. I see them by at least 2 touchdowns!

Maryville-42

Mo West-28

Edited by thagodfatha

Oh man, you got a great idea there! That would be great to play on CN's new field. I have to go through there for work from time to time and I drove by and saw it for myself. They got a great new field. You have a very good idea and playing on the turf there would give the winning team great practice for the game at MTSU! Coach's Quarles and Woods both know Coach Sparks well enough to ask. I think it is a great idea, but Morristown West could lose some serious revenue if the game was moved to CN on Friday night!

I know every school in Hamblen Co plays there and Morristown West normally has a few post season games on it to make things worse. It has rained allot today here in Blount County.

When a team has another team beat the Coach should do everything he can think of to keep from demoralizing the other team.

We should have a good game and I hope the field is in good shape.

Coach Quarles is from Jefferson City and obviously Coach Woods is friends with Coach Sparks. I think Carson-Newman is a great idea. You are right FBE, the new Burke-Tarr Stadium is awesome.

Burke-Tarr Stadium

Edited by Rebelsman

I think we all remember the day about 2 years ago when Maryville came to Morristown West as confident or even more confident than they are right now! Yes, that's right, all the seniors on this Maryville squad remember that cold Saturday morning and don't think for one minute that it hasn't made them a little nervous.... maybe even a little scared...

A Beautiful Saturday Morning :thumb:

Go MoWest!

We also remember that cold nite at Shields Stadium in Maryville last year when the inflata-entrance Vikings came to town and got SPANKED 49-0...go turn in your equipment THR...

Oh BTW, where was that game winning field goal at in Murfreesboro...hmmm...

Don't be bitter... :thumb:

I will never forget that night in Shields Stadium, I witnessed an amazing Maryville team display their power over us, and it was quite impressive. We were happy to get that far and the outcome to me is trivial.

We are not in the semi's this year, but Maryville and MoWest are. I just know there are seniors on that Maryville team that remember the heartbreak as that field goal went through the posts. I just wanted to remind all the Maryville faithful of what happened last time they came to Morristown West overconfident... and i guarantee if there is any stadium in the state of TN that Maryville does not want to play in come Friday night... it is Burke-Toney.

Oh, and BTW, what are you talking about game winning field goal in Murfreesboro... they lost 21-0... which is apparently better than Maryville would have done since they were sitting at home that week.