Maryville @ Morristown West

FBEmeritus

I've quick read the posts about the game and everyone knows i'm 100% behind the trojans but i really don't think we brought our A game. No offense to Kiki but we really could have had at least six points and i know he must have had alot riding on his shoulders too much pressure for me.....and Maryville CONGRATS i'm pulling for you next weekend....it seems wrong saying this but i have to get it out i wonder how maryville would be if Tallent wasn't there, of course they would still be a great team and that's like taking one of our horses away but i really would like to see then how it would be........and by the way he has too much talent to know what to do with!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this game pretty much confirmed what all the Rebel faithful knew all along. We see it every year. There's always some team that is convinced that they've played a schedule significant enough to prepare them for the Rebels. And it usually turns out not to be the case. Someday the balance of power may shift to the northeast, but it has not happened yet. Just look at this locality: Alcoa, Maryville and Oak Ridge are all three in the state championship for their respective classes. And all three of us, like champions, got together early on this year to prepare ourselves against other top tier programs and competitors. The lesson here is that as long as you are shielded from the powerhouses all season, your postseason will serve as little more than a wake up call.

One dimensional teams can only go so far.

Your coaching staff cost you a few points too by the way. Choosing to pass and run the option when you only needed a few yards definitely cost you a few first downs.

Another quick note regarding all those "great" motown fans, at the end of the game the MHS side was still FULL and the home side was, well, not.

Better luck next year. And I hope that you can see now that our confidence was not unwarranted.

Edited by papa chaos

I've quick read the posts about the game and everyone knows i'm 100% behind the trojans but i really don't think we brought our A game. No offense to Kiki but we really could have had at least six points and i know he must have had alot riding on his shoulders too much pressure for me.....and Maryville CONGRATS i'm pulling for you next weekend....it seems wrong saying this but i have to get it out i wonder how maryville would be if Tallent wasn't there, of course they would still be a great team and that's like taking one of our horses away but i really would like to see then how it would be........and by the way he has too much talent to know what to do with!

Well we lost one runningback when Baker went out in the first quarter. Like Tallent he is closing in on 1,000 yards on the season. I guess i buy your logic though, wish we could play you without one of your best players? Whether you knew it or not when Baker went out you did just that.

Wellll...

Not how I wanted it to end, but it was a hard fought game. West didn't bring their A-Game, but that's no excuse. End of story. Ive never seen a team be able to do what they wanted like the Rebels. Tallent was VERY good..2 steps and he is full blast..I was talking with one of the defensive players from the 2003 team and he agrees...Maryville out-did West in pretty much every aspect of the game. Yea there were a few breaks that we didn't take advantage of, but "coulda, woulda, shoulda" doesn't really matter after the clock says 00:00...Congratulations Maryville, good luck next week...

Also, to the Trojan football players:

What a season guys. Hold your heads high, you did what no other Morristown team has ever done. Went 13-0 and played a great game in the state semi-finals. I've enjoyed bein a Trojan fan more than ever this season and I hate to see the seniors go.

TROJAN NATION! GO TROJANS!

Again Congratz to MW on your season and thanks for the positive comments. Many of we Maryville fans are passionate about a High School Football product few enjoy. Many posters always are very quick to point out what a fine coach and staff we have, or this star player or that star player. And we have all of that and Talent is a stud as is Tank. Maples is fast and is improving every game. Tucker is a man on a boy’s field. But what Maryville always has are many other kids who never get mentioned, starting and on the sideline waiting their turn ready to display each one is a champion and will step up as necessary. This is a "Team" where everyone does his part. Win or lose next week, Maryville is what a Champion looks like.

On the way into town I stopped and got a Morristown Paper, which does a better job than the local Rag here in Maryville, with its all Alcoa all the Time coverage does. I wanted to see what the local sports types were saying about the game. On the sports page Mr. Barnard was wrong in many of his thoughts but to me pointed out something I have noticed many years ago when GQ took the reins. Many teams need Maryville to turn over the ball and make mistakes to beat the Rebels. Mr. B pointed out MW's defense would win the game because of a 21 plus turnover ration MW enjoys over the past season and discounts the weak region MW plays in. Mistake! Like Mr. KB thought it seems to me most teams Maryville plays the other team counts on capitalizing on Maryville's mistakes.

Well if that is a major part of your game plan to beat Maryville it is flawed! Maryville only beat it's self once in a while and the last time that happened was at Burk-Toney where the rebs gave up the ball 6 times and still only lost by the thinnest of margins. So if your are taking comfort in your teams ability to win vs. MHS based on turnovers, your gonna lose most of the time. The one demission MW had was not even close to anything Maryville would lose too.

trojanOT50 i had a special request from a very important person to tell you how big of a cheap player you are, learn to play the game with class without running your mouth on the field and throwing cheap shots. and then maybe you can play as a team and do something besides get dominated by us every year. just had to throw that in there

trojanOT50 i had a special request from a very important person to tell you how big of a cheap player you are, learn to play the game with class without running your mouth on the field and throwing cheap shots. and then maybe you can play as a team and do something besides get dominated by us every year. just had to throw that in there

hmmm.........ok...... i have never ran my mouth in any game, and i especially wouldnt do it against a team i have the upmost respect for(i'm even friends with a couple of your former players). as for the cheap shot? tell me where you saw that at? i mean if you find it on film let me know. the only thing you could possibly be talking about its me cutting ppl. yeah i cut block. so does everyone who cuts of the backside in the offense. but if thats cheap then ok bud. and according to the person from maryville i talked to, the players seemed to think that #79 and #40 talked to much trash, and i even calmed them down.

and since you want to talk about playing with class............ ask #52 why its necasary to stand up and flex your bicep to our bench and point to it after he makes a sack.........

oops and another thing. whoever you left end is, ask him about me playing dirty, i even caught him and made sure he was ok a couple of times. and he simply responded "good play 50".

but i guess me arguing with you is pointless, you old guys that wish you were still on the field just crack me up. but like i said watch the film and find out for yourself. watch every move i make, before the play and after the play. i'll have to ask andrew who you are. if it wasnt for fans like rebelron and fbemeritus i'd think all maryville fans are pricks.

Edited by TrojanOT50