Riverdale @ Oak Ridge

deepseadiver829

A great victory for a great team. B) Congrats to the Wildcats on a super victory. We brought 4 fans down from DB to cheer you on and saw at least six others there too. It was well worth the trip although it did feel a little strange sitting on the home side for a change. Enjoyed the excitement!

See you next year from the visitor side - regular season.

And good luck next week.

Thanks for coming on out and cheering for us! What a great game to sit on the home side. It was soo exciting. :D

And hey, Oak Ridge beat Riverdale by the same amount that they beat Dobyns-Bennett.

Anyway, I thought Riverdale was terrific. You could tell that tonight wasn't their greatest game which is kind of a shame, but they'll be back in action next year. Good job guys! I loved your signs... really added to the excitement a little, I thought. I was kind of disappointed as well when some of the Riverdale people started leaving early, but traffic can be a bear, I guess.

GREAT JOB WILDCATS!!! I'm so proud of you guys! Good luck next week against Ravenwood. :lol:

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did the signs say?

Mmm, let's see, there were a few. They had a couple on the far fence; I forgot what the first said but it had a good drawing of a spear shaft or something and then the second said something like 'the gulmire show stops here' which I got a big kick out of since even if we had lost, there's still Conner next year. B) And then there was a huge one on the little fence around the field. Forgot what that one said, something about state championship. And then some fans were holding up some... there was one that said 'beat oak ridge' and then another person nearby had one that said 'again'. That got my blood boiling just a little. :D They were all really good. I loved those signs. And Riverdale had also put some school colored flags on their side of the stadium. Amped up the atmosphere a bit, I thought. :lol:

oh and 1 more thing this game has NO bearing on who won 5A football that vote is done BEFORE the playoffs spencer may very well get it but it wont be because of the playoffs

I thought it was just the finalists that are picked then, and the title is voted on after all is said and done? Sorry if I had that mixed up.

whatever the outcome of this one, it won't be by more than 14. i have to take my warriors, as they've shown that they have the ability to win the close ones, and oak ridge has already fallen to an average ooltewah team.

I guess Region 2 5A isn't so average after all.

look i have nothing against your team but you got hammered by Far. TWICE

look i have nothing against your team but you got hammered by Far. TWICE

Man I sure hope you can do better than that.

I would not say we were hammered by Farragut but I was saying Region 2 5A is not average as RHS said above. Farragut scored on Oak Ridge, Dobyns Bennett did as well and Ooltewah beat Cookeville 28-21, Oak Ridge 42-37, and Dobyns Bennett 20-17 all teams are very well coached that play in our region and DB is as well. Out of the eight High Schools in Region 2 5A we have four coaches that have won State Championships and thats strong. Well back to the topic great game Wildcats go get and bring back the Gold Ball to East. My father which is an ORHS Alum wished he could have been there but he had to work but I did give him the play by play.he wishes you guys the best and Roll Wildcats Roll!

Edited by SergeantOwl22