Ridgeway @ Ravenwood

One back that comes to mind is Columbia's RB, cant think of his name right now, he is set to go to Alabama. He is very quick & loaded with speed & Ravenwood pretty much totally shut him down. IMO Columbia probably had one of the most athletic teams in our region & they didnt make the playoffs. One reason is coaching & team discipline but they had good size & athletes all over the field. Brentwod Acad. had two backs that were pretty solid & Ravenwood did a nice job of not letting those guys run wild. They did beat us but not because of the backs. Ravenwood had 5-6 turnovers & BA had short fields to score. But I doubt any of the ones I mentioned are as good as your guy. It will definately be a great test for the Raptors tonight. I hate that he was snubbed for Mr. Football. It will be interseting to see how the Raptors attack this potent Ridgeway offense. If Ridgeway turns it over like they did against G'town it could be interseting to see how they handle adversity against a much better Ravenwood team. When I say that I mean that Ravenwood is better than G'town. G'town did not impress me at all. Maybe they had an off night but had a hard time making plays against you guys.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What description best describes Crawford's running style? I haven't seen him play, but from listening to the game last friday on the radio and reading the articles in the Commercial Appeal, I'd have to say he's a power runner with exceptional speed. I could be wrong, but that's my impression. He doesn't appear to be a slasher or a pure speed guy. I get the impression that he's powerful with break away speed.

What description best describes Crawford's running style? I haven't seen him play, but from listening to the game last friday on the radio and reading the articles in the Commercial Appeal, I'd have to say he's a power runner with exceptional speed. I could be wrong, but that's my impression. He doesn't appear to be a slasher or a pure speed guy. I get the impression that he's powerful with break away speed.

You're assessment is correct. Aaron runs hard and runs over a lot of people. If he gets out in the open he can break away.

Whoever wins this game I hope goes on to win state because the other half of the bracket think they are playing for a state championship tonight at Oak Ridge. Both teams seem to be counting out the west bracket. They need to be brought back down to earth because Ravenwood & Ridgeway are both great contenders to win state.

You are so right!

If Ridgeway turns it over like they did against G'town it could be interseting to see how they handle adversity against a much better Ravenwood team. When I say that I mean that Ravenwood is better than G'town. G'town did not impress me at all. Maybe they had an off night but had a hard time making plays against you guys.

We had not had a game like that all year (turnovers). We are hoping we got it all out of our system. I think the fact we still won the game despite the turnovers says a lot about our defense.

This is a big game for the city of Brentwood, and I'm glad I'll be able to attend. Ridgeway hasn't played a team as good as Ravenwood, and they'll be in for a challenge, especially on defense. Meanwhile, the Raptors have played Brentwood Academy, Brentwood (twice), and Franklin (twice) -- three perennial title contenders, and Ravenwood is 4-1 against them this year.

Ravenwood will win this game by at least ten points. If you put Brentwood or Franklin in this game, they'd win by double digits, too.

Ravenwood 24, Ridgeway 10

Congratulations to Ravenwood. I watched T.C. Jennings in a pre-season scrimmage, and occasionally throughout the regular season, and he is the kind of leader teammates want to ride the shoulders of to get to the promised land. Ravnewood will be represented next weekend (and what an awesome story for a program in its first half-decade in the largest DI class).

Oak Ridge is going to be one tough opponent - a strong program with an illustrious history. It's been a long time since one of Tennessee's finest programs has won a state title; they will be anxious to bring another trophy back home to East Tennessee.

Ravenwood fans, take note (and this is a history lesson only). Two of the last three I-5A champions (2002 Brentwood, 2003 Germantown) have won I-5A titles after losing their only game of the year to a non-champion from DII-AAA (Brentwood Academy in 2002, Christian Brothers in 2003).

Good luck, and good luck to Oak Ridge as well.

Edited by rollredroll

Ravenwood represented themselves, their county, and Middle Tennessee well tonight. They weren't flawless, but they were pretty darn good, and much better than Ridgeway.

The turning point in the game was Ridgeway's fumble in the end zone early in the third quarter. A touchdown would have given them a 17-14 lead, but instead the Raptors took the ball down the field to go up, 21-10.

If Ravenwood can keep Oak Ridge's fierce defense off balance with a combination of screens, draws, shovel passes, and moderate passes, they stand a chance of winning a low-scoring affair. As good as Ridgeway's Crawford was tonight, Spencer Gulmire will be even tougher to stop. The Raptors must stack the box and force the Wildcats to beat them with the pass.

Next week's game should be a close one. I'll be rooting for Ravenwood.

I Whoever wins this game I hope goes on to win state because the other half of the bracket think they are playing for a state championship tonight at Oak Ridge. Both teams seem to be counting out the west bracket.

Not so fast my friend! Your in the finals for a reason, because you belong there! Oak Ridge underestimates no one after the lost to Ooltewah. I look forward to the game.....

Roll Wildcats!!!

Congrats to Ravenwood...you were the better team tonight. Ridgeway had trouble getting going on offense but the definite turning point was our inability to score to start the second half. Don't know if the outcome would have been different, but the game would have been.

I am so proud of the Roadrunners....keep your heads high. Your first year in 5A and you made it to the semi-finals - only the second time in school history. Many of the seniors were part of the state championship as freshmen, quarterfinals in 4A as juniors, and now semifinals in 5A as seniors. There are lots of football players out there who would love to have had the careers you had. Only 20 teams in the whole state were playing football tonight and you were one of them. Be proud of yourself, your teammates, and all you have accomplished together. Always remember PRIDE BLUE PRIDE!