Alcoa vs. Tyner

aliastn

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Alcoa, :thumb:

Can anyone pass along some details of the game?

Was a great game to watch. Glad i made the drive up there to support the Rams. They gave Alcoa everything they could handle, and then some. Tyner started out bad with Alcoa forcing 2 fumbles turning those into points. Then an interception by Alcoa's #6 got them back on Tyners end of the field, but they settled for a field goal. Tyner was moving the ball on the every drive in the first half, except to get it ruined by a turnover. They look like they learned from Boyd last week. 17-0 at halftime Alcoa. Alcoa received in the 2nd half, but Lindsey fumbled on the drive and Tyner answered. 17-7. #4 for Alcoa and Craddock had been goin at it all game. Alcoa's guys name was Lanxter or something i believe. Craddock got hurt on the kick off and went out for 1 play. Well Alcoa capitalize on that because they sent lanxter and he burned the db for a td. 24-7 Alcoa. Tyner answered on the next drive to make it 24-14 in the 4th. Both teams defenses stepped up in the 4th and played big. Tyner had the ball inside the 5 and could not punch it in. Alcoa's D stood strong. on 4th down Tyner threw into the end zone, but Jones dropped it when he was hit. (thats rare to see him drop a pass) After that i started walkin out and Alcoa put in a late td. Was a hard fought game. Slow start hurt the rams, but Alcoa made them pay for every mistake they made. I think the most underrated player on Alcoa's team is the fullback. I was impressed with him in the state finals last year, and this year i am just as impressed. Mostly you hear about warren and lindsey, but the fullback broke a lot of long runs tonight. Good luck next week Alcoa.

Edited by reaction

It was an awsome game. Tyner played hard but Alcoa stood strong. Alot of players stepped up to fill some big shoes. Drew Miller, Justin Duncan, Bobby Keller and Logan Love along with the rest of the Tornadoes. There will NOT be a rematch of last years game in the finals 'cause Alcoa will be playing Goodpasture this year...

See Ya'll at Murfreesboro!!

GO ALCOA....BEAT GOODPASTURE!!

Edited by steelersfan

Great game. Both teams left it on the field. I was really impressed with Craddock. He is an outstanding athlete and I believe he will play at the next level as a corner back. Logan Love broke the Ram Train with two long runs. They did a good job containing the run otherwise as they kept 8-9 in the box pretty much all night. Alcoa came into the game beat up and they left it the same way. Gotta put it together one more time. Way to go " A-Train ". B)

Edited by Coalman

Good job Alcoa on the win...looks like tornadoes can and did toss the train of the tracks. Good luck next week in the boro and good thing its not huntingdon thats the only team in 2a that I think would have given Alcoa a run for their money.

If you watched the same game I did, Tyner lost. If you know what I mean.

Well it wasn't our best game, but it was our gutsiest perfromance. All kinds of players are hurt and got banged tonight, but even without someof our stars the Tornadoes didn't break. I'd have to say the player of the game was Brian Sommer. He played outstanding on defense with two INT's (two away from braking the state record for picks in a season), a forced fumble, and numerous tackles. He also had a solid game at reciever. He has really stepped it up these past two games, and I hope he continues to do so next week in the Boro!

Let's go Tornadoes, now it's time to defend that crown!!!

Alcoa 35

Tyner 14

First of all, great call on the score just about right on.

We had to do some modifactions to the track, We had to point them towards Alcoa. After Friday we will have to direct them towards the west a little farther. Now Alcoa fans if you really want to, you can jump on the back of the "Ram Train" its headed for the Boro' TOOT! TOOT!

Second, I'm glad to see all you Ram Train riders will be in the boro to support Alcoa in a battle, that is since the tracks were already headed there. I'm sure all the Alcoa fans appreciate the offer for a ride on the ram train but I think ther will be to much crying, j/k. Anyway great game from both teams but Tyner's had to many big mistakes that Alcoa took advantage of, good luck next year Tyner, hope to see you all again.