OFFICIAL WORD...

westtn2004state

according to this article no matter what hes out of the rest of the playoffs, and if they lose this game hes out for the first two basketball games?! all i saw him do was spin the ball. brandon's a good guy, and hes very competitve. i'd like to know what he did that was so wrong besides spinning the ball? did he say something?

heres the article by the way

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../511220310/1006

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the good news is Reid can always move him into his basement and take care of him. I always get tears in my eyes thinking of what he done to make sure a big time prospect made it through school. Maybe next year he will take in a player that is not quite the player but needs the help just the same.

U need to get help! Really Sad...............

Personally I`m glad the TSSAA has rules discouraging bad sportamanship. I have no idea what did or did not happen with brandon. But I do know i have seen kids with all the ability in the world make awesome plays and then have to get up and mouth off about it. I hold chains at JCM games and have sen both JCM players and players from other teams they play show off after a great play. I`ve tried to tell the JCM players that they just need to let their play do the talking. When you make a bone crushing hit, everyone in the stadium will see it. there`s no need to show off afterwards or mouth off to the half cripple player that`s still on the ground. Just help the guy up and then hit him just as hard the next time. Fans respect players a lot more when they just go out and play hard and don`t have to showboat or bring added attention to themselves other than their good play.

I couldn't agree with you more. Whether it's flagged or not, I'm tired of seeing players (at every level of the game) get up and pound their chests or run their mouths after a big play, and sometimes even after routine plays. Don't flatter yourself. Get back to the huddle and do it on the next play.

The fact that Warren got flagged is not as big of an issue to me as the fact that he did anything that could be construed as an unsportmanlike celebration in anyone's judgment.

Jerry Rice holds nearly every receiving record in the NFL and Barry Sanders is one of the top 3 or 4 RBs to ever to play the game. What did they do after a touchdown? Toss the ball to the ref, maybe high-five a teammate, and trot off the field. Today's athletes need to take note...

Yea, and the last time Alcoa did not have him they got blown out.

I think every young man can learn from this event and rules are made to be enforced.

I don't think you can compare the Tyner game to the Murvul game. First of all, to be perfectly honest, Alcoa has always had some kind of mental block against Murvul; ever since I was very little I can remember this. Alcoa sees that red & black with the "Rebs" on the helmet, and they freeze up. Plus, Murvul is 3 times bigger than Alcoa; if they can't beat them, there's something wrong with the football club (ask the county schools about that!).

Second: Are you comparing Tyner to Murvul? BW is a very good, strong player, but he doesn't make the team.

Third: BW will be on the sidelines giving his team leadership and firing them up.

Fourth: Alcoa has adjusted nicely to not having BW this week; they've made adjustments this week that just may throw Tyner off.

Fifth: Will Alcoa have the upper hand since Tyner won't have the advantage of seeing tapes with the starters for this week?

As I've said before, Alcoa is still a very, very good 2A team.

according to this article no matter what hes out of the rest of the playoffs, and if they lose this game hes out for the first two basketball games?! all i saw him do was spin the ball. brandon's a good guy, and hes very competitve. i'd like to know what he did that was so wrong besides spinning the ball? did he say something?

heres the article by the way

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../511220310/1006

Spinning the ball is still an unsporsmanlike penalty. And when it is your 2nd unsporsmanlike penalty of the game it is an automatic ejection which means you sit out the rest of that game and the next one. Or if it is your 2nd time to have this happen the TSSAA sets the punishment which is a 2 game suspension for the 2nd time he has been ejected this year!!!

The changes Alcoa has made on offense are exciting!

I don't see any reason with the adjustments, the offensive production will be affected.

Actually it might be better. :thumb:

On defense, Its a bigger hole to fill. But Alcoa's depth has provided some very good players to step up. These are the same players that shut Loudon down in the 3rd and 4th quarters and sent them home with the goose-egg! ;) And I STILL feel Loudon is a better team than Tyner. Rankings also show this.

The team has really responded well to the BW loss. They know BW will be there for support. They know there are 65 other players on the team and its time to play like the champions they are! :thumb: