Oak Ridge 17 Riverdale 00000000

simocleo

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say for sure, but the crowd looked absolutely stunned and OR never really let the Warriors establish any momentum, so the fans (as a whole) never could recover. I was very disappointed at how many Riverdale fans hit the exits with about 7 minutes left on the clock.

A lot of those people that left were not RIVERDALE fans they were fans for other teams cheering for OR at least the ones in the section i was sitting at (opposite end from band)

OR is for real they were the best team the score could have been 35-0 they moved the ball up and down the feild on us like they always have but didnt finish on several the 2 TDs gaston fell on one play and we had missed tackle after missed tackle on the first TD nevertheless OR moved the ball on us all night i do no think we had i 3 and out series defensivly

Our offense could not get into a rythm and it was all OR fault they were well prepared probably the best they have been prepared out of the 3 years we played them everyone knows our plays and what we are gonna do but OR made the plays to stop them i saw where gaston had 145 yards a lot of that was second and third effort because he got hit in the backfeild ALOT the defensive line dominated our OL and then you add the trunovers. we got lucky last week to have 5 and still win we had 4 this week and well it didnt work out this time LOL

The atmosphere was GREAT (just wish that OR people would have stayed on their side)OR had people all over the hill I would love to hear what the offcial attendance was at the game that is what High School football is all about.

2P it wasnt as much of our offense as it was their defense and the ints scott had as soon as he dropped back there was a defender in his face so we have to give OR all the credit there is no blame to be laid on to any player

I am not mad about this loss because the BETTER team won tonight i am VERY PROUD of my RIVERDALE WARRIORS we took a beating tonight but you played hard and you didnt quit and i am proud of yall for that. On the bright side our 3 basketball players will be ready for the siegel game

GO WARRIORS

Obviously not much. He has the best winning percentage of any coach to coach at OR.How many years did it take Joe to win one Gold Ball? You don't know squat.

Ole Dad

Thanks for solidifying my position!

I know more than you think OLE. How many years will it take Bruce? NEVER NEVER it will NEVER happen! I would rather have one GOLD BALL than no balls at all. B)

GO CATS!

A lot of those people that left were not RIVERDALE fans they were fans for other teams cheering for OR at least the ones in the section i was sitting at (opposite end from band)

OR is for real they were the best team the score could have been 35-0 they moved the ball up and down the feild on us like they always have but didnt finish on several the 2 TDs gaston fell on one play and we had missed tackle after missed tackle on the first TD nevertheless OR moved the ball on us all night i do no think we had i 3 and out series defensivly

Our offense could not get into a rythm and it was all OR fault they were well prepared probably the best they have been prepared out of the 3 years we played them everyone knows our plays and what we are gonna do but OR made the plays to stop them i saw where gaston had 145 yards a lot of that was second and third effort because he got hit in the backfeild ALOT the defensive line dominated our OL and then you add the trunovers. we got lucky last week to have 5 and still win we had 4 this week and well it didnt work out this time LOL

The atmosphere was GREAT (just wish that OR people would have stayed on their side)OR had people all over the hill I would love to hear what the offcial attendance was at the game that is what High School football is all about.

2P it wasnt as much of our offense as it was their defense and the ints scott had as soon as he dropped back there was a defender in his face so we have to give OR all the credit there is no blame to be laid on to any player

I am not mad about this loss because the BETTER team won tonight i am VERY PROUD of my RIVERDALE WARRIORS we took a beating tonight but you played hard and you didnt quit and i am proud of yall for that. On the bright side our 3 basketball players will be ready for the siegel game

GO WARRIORS

Best post of the night!

Riverdale's offense cost them this one.....or should I say lack of.....

Riverdale never showed up to play. I certainly don't want to take anything away from what Oak Ridge did but the Warriors NEVER showed up. I think the shut out is harder than losing. I am afraid that not having the taste of losing in nearly 2 years hurt our guys. When you get this far (especially playing a team who knows personally what if tastes like to lose against us), you need to remember the sting of a loss. I do, however, know this one will be around for a long time. It hurts worse than it did in 1999 to lose in the first round.

Hats off to Oak Ridge. Like disgustedfan keeps stating over and over and over and over and over, this Warrior team was beatable. No one ever denied that. And beat we were . . . badly.

Nevertheless, I'd rather be a Warrior than anything else. Even through this loss, my blood runs cardinal. I won't be an excuse maker for a poorly played game, and I won't be a fair weather fan. I will be rooting on Gaston and Tamar on Monday. I'll be ready to pat a few Warriors on the back the next time I see them. I'll be proud of them at a no-doubt solemn football banquet. I'll be front and center at the August 2006 scrimmages, and I'll be cheering on our boys in the red and gold next football season. Unless you've experienced it first hand, you can't fully realize the depth of what it means to be a Warrior. It gets in your soul and you are never the same. That's why this kind of loss hurts so badly. And to disgustedfan, that's not being cocky. That's being faithful!

There are no words to make it better. The only thing that heals it is time. And even then it remains deep in your mind. It's never forgotten. To this group of seniors, thanks for an incredible run. Most of you epitomize the truth of what it means to be a Warrior. I will miss you. To our underclassmen, remember how this feels. It can help power you through another season.

To the Oak Ridge Wildcats, good luck is difficult to say. It's the sportsmanlike thing to say, but it's hard. Good luck in the 'boro next Saturday.

What a great place for a football game. I was at the game on OR's side sitting in the reserved section and never got bumped out so it couldn't have been better.

I met some good people and was able to provide a lot of information on riverdale personnel, plays what they do etc and by halftime they had me up to par on their players etc.

They also have so many traditions it is hard to keep up with. They paged some guy to come to the press box and they told me he was an coach that had died years ago but they always page him to the press box 30 minutes before kickoff every home game!

Great place to play and good people.

As for the game:

This was no fluke or upset Oak Ridege was the best team on the field last night and their defense runs to the ball good as any I have seen this year. They definetly had a plan and that was give miller his yards but keep it to maximum 15 to 20 yards and make him take the sweeps to the outside by stringing him out.

For what ever reason Riverdale on offense choose to go away from all their usual stuff in the 1st qtr particularly. They usually run the 1st play away from gaston but after that they get it to him. Last night they kept running motion with #37 and trying to option it to him and also throwing more early than I have ever seen?

Gaston didn't get very many carries at all to nealry halftime becasue Oak Ridge scored twice and when they didn't they got 1st downs to run clock.

Riverdale came out the second half and it looked like they were going to get it to gaston a lot but then they ran a pitch to #37 and he fumbled at mid fileld. Not picking on #37 but wondering why keep going away from Gaston?

When riverdale tried to pass #4 for OR kept containment and got a great rush on thomas and did not allow him to roll out and throw which is wher he is more comfortable.

OR's new coach came to win and even with a lead he kept throwing and even tried to hit the long pass a couple times in the 4th qtr. He understood you have to beat Riverdale not just hope you can hang on for a victory.

Once again as riverdale man said it could have actually been worse OR had the ball several times in rdale territory and didn't convert. rdales only serious threat was at the end of the game after gaston broke a long run on a draw play. They threw another int in the end zone and it was over..

As for riverdale #2 hartsfield is the most under rated player I have seen all year!

He played with more emotion and hustle than anybody on riverdale and actually played a huge part in keeping them in the game. He is flat out better than #33

even when #33 is healthy

Also the qb for OR lwas cool as the other side of the pillow all night he never looked rattled and made great decisions with the ball.

I do not believe OR had a sinle turnover ?

Guilmire and Miller have virtually identical numbers both are nominated for Mr Football

Miller is going to vandy and had several other division one schools calling. From what folks told me last night gulimire has zero division one offers what is up with that?

From what I hear OR has won 4 state championships?

If so I know where the can get some one for the thumb t shirts cheap ( :

Edited by 82cat