David Lipscomb vs Livingston Academy

swipper

As I sit and admire the responses the inhabitants of Hog-Eye have offered me, I would like to be sentimental in my response to you, Cat. As much as I enjoy razzing your township every season, I want you to know, I do, in fact, appreciate your program and wish them the best in every game but one each season (Maybe two in some future seasons. Can't have that quote come back to bite me in 2007, because I wouldn't put it past someone in Greenbrier). I thought no one would get as fired up as you guys, but these guys are trying to get up there with the likes of you and your kinfolk to the North. For the record though, congratulations to Livingston for making it this far and I hope for a safe game on both sides, but I'll always like Greenbrier more than Livingston if for no other reason than the Hog-Eye shenanigan.

This Charlie Murphy character must have something special to rank up there with me.

BombSquad

Humility at a Minimum

Classy post, Bomb. Good luck both teams Saturday...if I had to lean one way or the other, I think DL will pull it off. BUT Elrod and Company meets Cates and Company.....this could easily be the best game of the playoffs. So set up your TIVO's now.... :unsure:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nutt would you please get off the thread and never post again. Its one thing to trash talk about the game, but to get personal with it is another. DL is a class act school that you my friend probably could take lessons from.

Go ahead and say 02 you're the one to be talking. I learned my lesson last year from Rocking Chair. No matter how much you trash talk never get personal with it. Further most being an alumni player I feel that you're a disgrace to the Hog-Eye family.

Ben Gore

hey i never started the thing about saying dl was named after a guy that died from a od if you want to know where i got that from go to the notre dame and livingston academy post and that's where i found it i was not trying to be disgraceful i'm just saying what i heard caused he questioned our school about what they had done if i was disgraceful i'm sorry but i will not take back about what i said about cates cause he is one heck of a player but i still will the cats to win this in a close game just like i've stuck by the cats all year. ROLL CATS ROLL BRING HOME THE GOLD BALL

This Charlie Murphy character must have something special to rank up there with me.

BombSquad

Humility at a Minimum

You have nothing on Charlie Murphy. Charlie Murphy actually agrees with 02wildcat, go away nutt_22. Charlie Murphy thought he would let the DL and LA fans debate the game, but unfortunately, some people want to just stir things up. So Charlie Murphy, the straw that stirs the drink, has blessed you all with his presence. Charlie Murphy is asking that LA dismantle this private school, will that be #3 for the playoffs? Sweeeeeeeeet. If Charlie Murphy can get his '64 started he may tool on up to the game. Them LA boys is for real, to bad the state champ will be 10-5, oh well. And thank you, to all the Charlie Murphy fans, he was starting to feel unwanted.

Good post 2wildcat20. It seems that we have another Charlie Murphy on our hands in this topic. Except people on here could actually understand the meaning to most of Charlie's posts. BombSquad, so far, has made no sense with his posts. Oh and by the way.....LA wins this one on Saturday.....alot of hard work and plenty of determination will be the reason why.

Your childish intellects displayed with your simple posts arguing against air. Are may be the reason that you cannot understand Bombsquad and his well written posts. But pleae continue on with your arguing about how Lipscomb fans are trying to hold yall down and argue that they are going to demoish yall at state.Wait that is all the faithful Hogeye

You have nothing on Charlie Murphy. Charlie Murphy actually agrees with 02wildcat, go away nutt_22. Charlie Murphy thought he would let the DL and LA fans debate the game, but unfortunately, some people want to just stir things up. So Charlie Murphy, the straw that stirs the drink, has blessed you all with his presence. Charlie Murphy is asking that LA dismantle this private school, will that be #3 for the playoffs? Sweeeeeeeeet. If Charlie Murphy can get his '64 started he may tool on up to the game. Them LA boys is for real, to bad the state champ will be 10-5, oh well. And thank you, to all the Charlie Murphy fans, he was starting to feel unwanted.

...36 posts? Call when you can compete.

Being from Greenbrier, (Lipscomb's only loss) :thumb: , I will tell Livingston Academy sounds as if they are already claiming this game won. I know my advice won't matter and I know you're all excited with the prospects of your first state win, but don't count Lipscomb out.

Best of luck to both teams. I won't make a prediction on this game. I know Cates and LA are good but we also know how good Lipscomb is. It's a toss-up on the field as well as who's got the most attitude.

I don't know anybody from LA that is overlooking DL especially our players and coaches. We know what kind of program DL has and we are just ecstatic for the chance to play for a state title against a team as good as DL.

What gets me is how a team that lost 22 players off of last years finalist. Can beat a team like DL. Did they just overlook you or what ???

Fulton was just as good this year as they were last year IMO. And you know how bad they beat you all. They would HAVE IMO won 3 in a row if they hadn't lost their QB before the season started. And in all reality LA had a chance to beat Fulton on their field. But a HUGE penalty prevented the Cats to win late in the game.

What I'm getting around to saying is that this LA team went toe to toe with the best teams in the state 3A...Fulton...Austin East....Knox Catholic ....Anderson Co...Kingston and Scott Co. and held their own.

So DL will be just another challenge for this Wildcat team. We have already played the best teams in the state IMO. LA will not be intimidated by any means. Heck we r not smurt enuff to be scared.

Let's hope that this will be a close hard fought game and that everyone involved will display good sportsmanship.

GO HOGEYE

ICU812...I hope you didn't pay 7k for that Lipscomb education. The way they "demoish" teams all the time. :thumb:

This will be, yet another, very exciting football game. LA has played and beaten some of the Toughest teams in 3A. This will be the last one of the Toughest teams in 3A for LA to bang heads against. Lipscomb is on a 13 game winning streak. So was Notre Dame. Region 2 has produced the State Champ for the last "God Only Knows" amount of years. This year doesn't look to be much different. IMO.

LA will "DEMOISH" DL by anywhere from 10 - 17 points.

BOOK THAT

...................................................................................................................................BEST one on this thread..Catfish is full to the "BRIM" of his praises to Creek Wood and Cheatam Co...if this were true..why arent one of them playing in this game instead of DL.. WHY,Because DL beat both of them 30 points each...i got on mostly to hear LA spouting off and thats what im hearing :thumb: ....LA...DL will not respond to your trashmouthing...They only respond on the field where it counts..Ask Lexington..200-300 posts that game the Red Tigers this..the Red Tigers that...HUH??? you mean they lost much like Creek Wood and Cheatam Co...the only team they played without trash talk was Covington of which im a region 7 3aaa fan...DL take the Gold Ball to the House..I RESPECT you for not responding to the LA loudmouths as you havent to anyother teams broadcasting their teams going to beat like A REDHEADED STEP CHILD...NOT HAPPENING LA!!!

Why don't you just stay off this thread with your attitude. We didn't get on your thread after you were beaten in the first rd. Most of the posters are just hs aged and are just excited for their school. If they want to talk a little trash who are you to say anything. If you think that DL will win then that's your opinion. Surely you know what they say about that.

Seems to me if you all wasn't worried so much about what is being posted. You would have won your game. But I think you all were way over rated anyways.

Its only Tuesday and I have seen and read many predictions on this game. We have some very bold folks in this thread. I would suggest that everyone who has made or will make a prediction will agree to the following: 1) The Team that losses, those who predicted that team to win it will agree to come back to the site and then post that the winner is the best team and that they were wrong in their prediction and will sing "Hail to the Victors"--what I am saying that you will eat some crow. 2) If the team that you predicted wins: then you get to come back and post how well coached your team is and how well your team played and how great your fans are and then respond to the individual posts of the losers. All of those Lipscomb and Livingston Academy Voyeurs (like to watch) here on Coach T. will not be allowed to participate in the post game activities as noted.

All of those in favor raise your right hand and sing your Alma Mater or Fight Song. For those Lipscomb fans you will have to sing the Alma Mater because I'm not sure of what the Fight Song this week is.

I don't know anybody from LA that is overlooking DL especially our players and coaches. We know what kind of program DL has and we are just ecstatic for the chance to play for a state title against a team as good as DL.

What gets me is how a team that lost 22 players off of last years finalist. Can beat a team like DL. Did they just overlook you or what ???

Fulton was just as good this year as they were last year IMO. And you know how bad they beat you all. They would HAVE IMO won 3 in a row if they hadn't lost their QB before the season started. And in all reality LA had a chance to beat Fulton on their field. But a HUGE penalty prevented the Cats to win late in the game.

What I'm getting around to saying is that this LA team went toe to toe with the best teams in the state 3A...Fulton...Austin East....Knox Catholic ....Anderson Co...Kingston and Scott Co. and held their own.

So DL will be just another challenge for this Wildcat team. We have already played the best teams in the state IMO. LA will not be intimidated by any means. Heck we r not smurt enuff to be scared.

Let's hope that this will be a close hard fought game and that everyone involved will display good sportsmanship.

GO HOGEYE

I don't think it was a case of overlooking because Greenbrier also beat DL last year at their house. Unless you saw this year's Bobcat team, you wouldn't have believed the fire and determination they played with. Our only two losses until the playoffs were Pope John Paul and Cheatham County, both non-region but teams that went into the playoffs. That win along with beating Pearl Cohn and White House was a great run for us. Last year we sat where you are today, waiting on the Big Dance as a first time contender at the State level. Fulton had already been there and that repeat-experience does carry weight whether anyone believes it or not. David Lipscomb has already been down this road. I think both teams are good, but Lipscomb dropped out at the semi's last year. I just don't think they will let that happen again. They came in at the class change saying they were going to State. Even we didn't believe it, but I've said it before, after we beat them, they have been on a downhill stampede. They won't back up.