Melrose vs Maryville Round 2

kwc

Congratulations to Melrose's Graig Cooper for being named 4A Tennessee Mr. Football! It is very well deserved! <_<

Hopefully you can carry on the big numbers this next week in what will be a great game for all to watch!

I second that Drewcephus. Graig is a special running back that does not come along very often. I am happy to see him recognized with such a prestigious award as Tennessee 4A Mr. Football. :thumb:

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know melrose has a great running back but how is his offesnive line. I have heard that at the hillsboro game they were in the back feild the hole night but copper just kept breaking tackle for big gains...

:thumb: ?

Rebelman16,

Someone grossly misinformed you.

Hillsboro was RARELY (if ever) in Melrose's backfield. As a matter of fact, Hillsboro's defensive line was thoroughly neutralized (this is not meant as a "slight" against Hillsboro). This was the biggest reason that enabled Cooper to pickup darn near 6-7 yards a pop. He was rarely touched @ the line of scrimmage, let alone in the backfield.

That was Hillsboro.

Who know's how Cooper and Melrose's OL will do against Maryville, and vice versa...it should be interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

Would someone be kind enough to grab a Maryville program and tell me what the size is of their offensive line?

I cant really give accurate weights but #52 is about 6'4 74 is about 6'-6'1" 275 #60..AKA the CHISE...about 5'9" 230-240...Justin Huskey#?..about 6'1-6'2" very strong...and not really sure about the other one...thats all i got im sure others can give a little more in depth coverage on this one.

Does Jeff Smith still have a son playing for Maryville?

Josh and Justin...Josh is a senior in my grade...very quiet does not like a lot of attention he just straight up plays hard and makes plays on the interior line...justin is a freshman...prolly the best athlete of all three look forward to seein him play the next few years...lacks a little in the size department though

i am not positive on all the sizes of maryvilles O-line but yes they are small compared to most lines but as it has been said many times "Its not the sizes of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog" looks like there is a lot of fight in these dogs to me since they have got this far and the RB have been able to put up good numbers this year.

i am not positive on all the sizes of maryvilles O-line but yes they are small compared to most lines but as it has been said many times "Its not the sizes of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog" looks like there is a lot of fight in these dogs to me since they have got this far and the RB have been able to put up good numbers this year.

very athletic as well...able to pull guards and tackles but hardnose football is their style

Josh and Justin...Josh is a senior in my grade...very quiet does not like a lot of attention he just straight up plays hard and makes plays on the interior line...justin is a freshman...prolly the best athlete of all three look forward to seein him play the next few years...lacks a little in the size department though

Thanks for the info.

Rebelman16,

Someone grossly misinformed you.

Hillsboro was RARELY (if ever) in Melrose's backfield. As a matter of fact, Hillsboro's defensive line was thoroughly neutralized (this is not meant as a "slight" against Hillsboro). This was the biggest reason that enabled Cooper to pickup darn near 6-7 yards a pop. He was rarely touched @ the line of scrimmage, let alone in the backfield.

That was Hillsboro.

Who know's how Cooper and Melrose's OL will do against Maryville, and vice versa...it should be interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for the info I just over heard it. I did watch some film and their running back as every one has said is very very very good. Their offense seems to like to just zone block and let copper find a hole.

I think if our deffensive line can keep the seems under wraps will we be able to stop them.

Tank will be one of the contributing factors as well. His size and power are what we need to overcome melrose's quickness. Combined with tallents combonation of both I believe if Maryville plays their game There might be another golden ball in the trophy case.

Thanks for this info, sorry to have posted something that I have seemly been so missinnformed on.

Edited by rebelman16

I will see some film tommorro night.

What I have been told is, what Cooper does the best is bounce outside when the middle does not have a clear hole and runs very well in the open field. Maryville's DE's will be key to making him run wide. The LB's need to lay the wood to him and make him think about running up the middle. He is fast but when one of the front seven hits him and wraps up he'll go down because he is not very big. Hand tackeling won't be enough because of his great balence. But he is the main weapon. Maryville plugs the middle very well so I see alot of wide runs.

Like I said above Melrose will work hard to establish the pass early because that is the key to thier victory, even though Cooper is a great back, he is not enough alone vs. this Maryville D.