Melrose vs Maryville Round 2

kwc

How are Cable and Tank? I noticed they didn't play much Friday.

Sad to say but last i heard Cable is out...he brought such a fire to the defensive front but we will just have to try to fill that void in the D...as for Tank he is doin alright not yet 100% but on his way there...saw him limpin a little today at school but thats about it.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville has a line that is probably a little smaller than last years line but they are very athletic. Gary Tucker is 6'2 255 to 260. Brock Evans in 6'1 265. Lewis Darus is 5'9 230. Josh Smith is 5'10 230 and Justin Huskey is 6'2 235. All those kids are strong as an ox.

Maryville's stength on offense is their tailbacks Adrian Baker and Ryan Tallent. Baker and Tallent can both run fast. Tallent runs under a 4.6 Baker runs a 4.65 Both young men can bench over 300 lbs and squat over 500 lbs. Tallent is 5'10 200lbs and Baker is 5'9 210. Both kids are a load.

Tyler Maples is the fastest guy on Maryvilles team. He can run with the Melrose kids anyday. Maples is a 4.5 guy. The other receivers are possesion type receivers.

None of the quarterbacks are Cade Thompson but they don't have to be. Derek Hunt and Brent Burnett have got better during the season.

Congratulations to Graig Cooper on winning MR. Football.

That lineman who won MR Football must have been real good to beat out Gary Tucker and Michael Carter.

I can't wait for saturdays game. I hope the Melrose band makes it this time. I enjoyed their band the 2 previous times I watched Melrose play in championship games.

Maryville needs to consider themselves blessed for what didn't happen at last Friday's game vs Mor. West.

In this game the official made the correct call in penalizing a player. Gary Tucker made a play on defense and immediately he turned to the Mor. West stands and pointed while flexing his muscle; an obvious taunting gesture.

We all know Brandon Warren was penalized when he spun the ball after making a big play. If Warren's actions were worthy of a penalty, then certainly Tucker's were as well because Tucker was taunting the fans.

In the case of Brandon Warren the official made the wrong judgment call. But, if in accordance to the judgment of that official, his actions qualified for a penalty then so did Gary Tucker's.

Either way, again Maryville's luck prevails and that is why they should win on Saturday. Beware, because eventually that luck will turn the other way. It's just a matter of when.

Maryville 17

Melrose 10

Maryville has a line that is probably a little smaller than last years line but they are very athletic. Gary Tucker is 6'2 255 to 260. Brock Evans in 6'1 265. Lewis Darus is 5'9 230. Josh Smith is 5'10 230 and Justin Huskey is 6'2 235. All those kids are strong as an ox.

Maryville's stength on offense is their tailbacks Adrian Baker and Ryan Tallent. Baker and Tallent can both run fast. Tallent runs under a 4.6 Baker runs a 4.65 Both young men can bench over 300 lbs and squat over 500 lbs. Tallent is 5'10 200lbs and Baker is 5'9 210. Both kids are a load.

Tyler Maples is the fastest guy on Maryvilles team. He can run with the Melrose kids anyday. Maples is a 4.5 guy. The other receivers are possesion type receivers.

None of the quarterbacks are Cade Thompson but they don't have to be. Derek Hunt and Brent Burnett have got better during the season.

Congratulations to Graig Cooper on winning MR. Football.

That lineman who won MR Football must have been real good to beat out Gary Tucker and Michael Carter.

I can't wait for saturdays game. I hope the Melrose band makes it this time. I enjoyed their band the 2 previous times I watched Melrose play in championship games.

Actually, Tallent has gotten a full second faster...the last time he ran his 40 was at the Nike camp where he posted a 4.49...which he said is his fastest...and Tank has also cut his by more than half a second...just thought i would give ya a little update...and Tallent doesnt even squat...they wont let him put that much weight on the bar.

Edited by rebelguy21

Maryville needs to consider themselves blessed for what didn't happen at last Friday's game vs Mor. West.

In this game the official made the correct call in penalizing a player. Gary Tucker made a play on defense and immediately he turned to the Mor. West stands and pointed while flexing his muscle; an obvious taunting gesture.

We all know Brandon Warren was penalized when he spun the ball after making a big play. If Warren's actions were worthy of a penalty, then certainly Tucker's were as well because Tucker was taunting the fans.

In the case of Brandon Warren the official made the wrong judgment call. But, if in accordance to the judgment of that official, his actions qualified for a penalty then so did Gary Tucker's.

Either way, again Maryville's luck prevails and that is why they should win on Saturday. Beware, because eventually that luck will turn the other way. It's just a matter of when.

Maryville 17

Melrose 10

It really would not have mattered that much if they had called the penalty. It would not have affected the outcome of the game, and Gary would still be eligible to play this week. It takes two penalties to get ejected, and it takes an ejection to be suspended from a game. Brandon Warren racked up two penalties in his most recent ejection, and because it was his second ejection of the season he was handed an extended suspension. Gary is smart enough to not get a second penalty called (even if he had gotten the first one). And GQ would have given up enough about the first one to make him reconsider a second outburst anyway...that's more than we can say for Brandon's coach.

So, as a Maryville fan, I would say that I do consider us blessed, but not because we didn't get a penalty called. It's because we get to watch the finest football anywhere in this state every Friday night and because we get to enjoy and be proud of a fine group of young men and coaches year round.

They must have been at a different Melrose-Hillsboro game than I was :thumb:

What do you mean by that?

Actually, Tallent has gotten a full second faster...the last time he ran his 40 was at the Nike camp where he posted a 4.49...which he said is his fastest...and Tank has also cut his by more than half a second...just thought i would give ya a little update...and Tallent doesnt even squat...they wont let him put that much weight on the bar.

Also before the car reck tank was benching 315 up to about 320 max.

This next season when he becomes a senior, I doubt there will be anyone that will be able to tackle him one on one.

Edited by rebelman16

Maryville 17

Melrose 10

This has to be one of the funniest posts I have ever read. Another whinny Alcoa fan trying to rationalize again for their thug players fighting and celebrating a positive play. Sad sad...............

Also before the car reck tank was benching 315 up to about 320 max.

This next season when he becomes a senior, I doubt there will be anyone that will be able to tackle him one on one.

One thing that has gone unmentioned about Tank is that car wreck and right now i would just like to take the time to thank him for being such a warrior in coming back after that wreck...some people could have given up and quit, but not Tank he is one of the gutsiest performers to ever come through Maryville...runs a lot like Carl IMO...but thats all i have to say about that i just wanted to thank Tank personally for giving his heart to this high school and this football team.

One thing that has gone unmentioned about Tank is that car wreck and right now i would just like to take the time to thank him for being such a warrior in coming back after that wreck...some people could have given up and quit, but not Tank he is one of the gutsiest performers to ever come through Maryville...runs a lot like Carl IMO...but thats all i have to say about that i just wanted to thank Tank personally for giving his heart to this high school and this football team.

great post. I totaly agree. :thumb: