LA @ Clay County?

kaeXo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Celina! Just about like I said, without Cates Celina has a slight advantage! I think Cates would have at least been worth 5 points huh?

Good Luck To LA on Sat.! :lol:

I was impressed with this young freshman Dunn. He is the real deal but i do believe Cates is a better player right now. He won't score like Dunn but he brings leadership and defense that this team will need to be successfull in AA this year. There is a rematch later on in the season at LA and it will be hard for any team to go in there and get a win so we'll have to wait and see. :)

Well if Clay Co. hadn't played one of their worst halves of the year this one wouldn't have been close. The first half was horrible, tons of turnovers, lazy passes, etc... It was like they had never seen a basketball before. LA didn't beat themselves in the second half they were up 17! Clay Co. just finally started playing ball mid way through the third and in the fourth quarter. We can all get on here and say "if this, if that" "we beat ourselves" Clay isn't that good" or 10 points better. Whats the bottom line? Clay County perseveered after one of the worst first halfs in history and won the game. I will say this though, you are a man of your word General, apology accepted. :lol:

you are exactly right if clay had a played ball the first half like the did the second half clay probally by 15

Well yeah, I am William that was said about a month ago in some RBS thread. I didn't say anything about dominateing Godwin, but Tony I prolly won't be guarding Godwin. I said they would have to quit making lazy passes and lobs like they was if they want to compete @ state this year. Also I never said that H.S. was going to beat Clay because they are tough this year, and if they don't go 2 state something is bad wrong. Billy Bob who are you because you seem to know who I am, I already know most of the people from Celina besides you. I also said Clay played very sloppy but battled back and deserved the win, the role players stepped it up tonight and made some big shots when they really needed them. Anyways Tony talk about domination wasn't you the one who turned the ball over in Region Championship, didn't pick up Bailey @ half court when Saylor needed help and let Bailey shoot a wide open 5 foot jumper to win the game?

Wow, That's a mighty big comment for someone from H.S. to make. How long has it been before you guys made it to the regional tournament, much less the region finals. I can't remember that far back I don't guess. Anyways, to the LA at CLAY game. This game was awesome to see, and as far as Celina playing their worst half of the year, DUH, they played a decent team. It's not real hard to play good halves all year when you've played teams like Red Boiling, Gordonsville, and Van Buren (although one could make a good argument that the VB game could have had the worst half in it, it would be close). LA played good the first half, Clay got really rattled, and they turned the ball over alot. LA got rattled in the second half, and Walden had a HUGE shot to turn momentum when he got fouled on that three. That was a good shot, but as far as getting a foul, Saylor shot the ball and left his leg out, which he does alot, and LA's player tripped over it, awesome shot and very unfortunate for LA. Chase Dunn is playing really well right now, even though neither him, nor Matthews shoot the ball probably as much as they need to. Celina came out in the second half and played awesome, and LA didn't. That is how they lost the 17 pt. lead, it really wasn't anything Celina did differently, besides getting the ball inside and letting Rich score with it. LA just did not play ball second half, and someone could actually say they thought they had the game won at the half and probably make a good argument. One MAJOR thing Clay needs to do is stop trying to shoot the ball so much, give it to Rich, the boy will score IF he gets the ball and that's why he had 20 pts. last night. Congratulations to Clay Co. on the win, and Good Luck tonight against Monterey (like they are going to need it). Also, good luck to LA tonight against Macon Co., should be a good one. Also, congrats to Dustin on his 20 and Chase with his 13, leading their respected teams.

Well yeah, I am William that was said about a month ago in some RBS thread. I didn't say anything about dominateing Godwin, but Tony I prolly won't be guarding Godwin. I said they would have to quit making lazy passes and lobs like they was if they want to compete @ state this year. Also I never said that H.S. was going to beat Clay because they are tough this year, and if they don't go 2 state something is bad wrong. Billy Bob who are you because you seem to know who I am, I already know most of the people from Celina besides you. I also said Clay played very sloppy but battled back and deserved the win, the role players stepped it up tonight and made some big shots when they really needed them. Anyways Tony talk about domination wasn't you the one who turned the ball over in Region Championship, didn't pick up Bailey @ half court when Saylor needed help and let Bailey shoot a wide open 5 foot jumper to win the game?

You are digging yourself into a deep hole! Remember you still have to play them this year!

You probably won't be guarded anybody because everybody on Clay is gonna blow by you so fast, you won't even see them. Now, you wanna put Bailey's shot on me, fine. I don't know about the turnover at region, but I had a ton at district and if we had loss, you could put that one on me too. I'm a big enough man to carry it. Hey, at least I've been there. The fans at Clay Co. and my former teammates know what I did for that team, and that's all I really care about. Before you try to tell our boys what they need to do, maybe you should worry about what you and your team need to do get better.

All I know is that Chase Dunn has two publicists already.......play 4 fun and dawg 05 nead to relax. The kid is good, but when Cates gets back he will be the starting point guard. I'm not sure when you played at Livingston if you did, but Cates has been the starting point guard for the past 3 years, and will this year. Who DID you play for?

As far as him not being good at basketball, thats ridiculous. No he wont put up 30 a game. He's an overall great player and a great point guard. He's a leader on that floor. He may only average 10-15 points a game, but he opens up shots to other players by penetraing to the goal. He could score more driving and taking jump shots, but he's not a selfish player. Obviously you must be jelous, anyone that compares their skills to a current highschool player has some problems. Your highschool career is over.

I've watched Dunn play since he was in middle school. He's a great player, and hustler. NEXT year he will be the starting point guard. He's had a good season thus far, but his role will change once Cates gets back.

Tyler Livingston needs to get back in that lineup to put some meat in there. He's a big player and some size is needed down low to get in there and get some rebounds.

Edited by kick4pat

You probably won't be guarded anybody because everybody on Clay is gonna blow by you so fast, you won't even see them. Now, you wanna put Bailey's shot on me, fine. I don't know about the turnover at region, but I had a ton at district and if we had loss, you could put that one on me too. I'm a big enough man to carry it. Hey, at least I've been there. The fans at Clay Co. and my former teammates know what I did for that team, and that's all I really care about. Before you try to tell our boys what they need to do, maybe you should worry about what you and your team need to do get better.

From a man that watched every game you played last year Tony, you don't even need to respond to that kind of post. You played every game like it was your last and for someone to get on here and say you were the reason Clay County lost ANY game tells me they know nothing about the game of basketball. I don't care if they play or not. I know my son was proud to have you for a teammate and i know for a fact that Clay County wins as a team and loses as a team. They make no excuses. Those of us that know this team realize this. Thats why my son stood up and apologized to the team for missing that free throw that could have won the game, and then Tyler Kerr stepped up and said it was his fault and then Saylor said no it was his and you and Rich did the same. You see thats the kind of team that Clay Co. is. They were and are a TEAM. Even though you did respond, in the future its not necessary. Jealousy is a BAD thing! :lol:

Wow, That's a mighty big comment for someone from H.S. to make. How long has it been before you guys made it to the regional tournament, much less the region finals. I can't remember that far back I don't guess. Anyways, to the LA at CLAY game. This game was awesome to see, and as far as Celina playing their worst half of the year, DUH, they played a decent team. It's not real hard to play good halves all year when you've played teams like Red Boiling, Gordonsville, and Van Buren (although one could make a good argument that the VB game could have had the worst half in it, it would be close). LA played good the first half, Clay got really rattled, and they turned the ball over alot. LA got rattled in the second half, and Walden had a HUGE shot to turn momentum when he got fouled on that three. That was a good shot, but as far as getting a foul, Saylor shot the ball and left his leg out, which he does alot, and LA's player tripped over it, awesome shot and very unfortunate for LA. Chase Dunn is playing really well right now, even though neither him, nor Matthews shoot the ball probably as much as they need to. Celina came out in the second half and played awesome, and LA didn't. That is how they lost the 17 pt. lead, it really wasn't anything Celina did differently, besides getting the ball inside and letting Rich score with it. LA just did not play ball second half, and someone could actually say they thought they had the game won at the half and probably make a good argument. One MAJOR thing Clay needs to do is stop trying to shoot the ball so much, give it to Rich, the boy will score IF he gets the ball and that's why he had 20 pts. last night. Congratulations to Clay Co. on the win, and Good Luck tonight against Monterey (like they are going to need it). Also, good luck to LA tonight against Macon Co., should be a good one. Also, congrats to Dustin on his 20 and Chase with his 13, leading their respected teams.

This was a great post Play4Fun. You hit the nail on the head on the whole game! :lol:

Edited by devilfanatic