Boo for Mr. Football

DeeVon

boo did not have more rushing, carries, or touchdowns than guy or lindsey so how does that qualify him as a winner... just because he is a good person? IMO markei and dustin got shafted this yr ... i think this is because the jackson sun always is on the huntingdon bandwagon... they are constantly talkin about him or donald... i wouldnt have been upset if i dustin would have won just because he is probably going to win his team back to back state championships and play at UT but boo? c'mon he didnt play in like 4 games... there is no way that he deserves it this year... i thought he had a better yr last yr than this but i mean what do i kno im just a bias westview has been... well maybe i am but what im not is stupid and if u look at the #'s boo was least deserving of the 3... so lets hear all the huntingdon ppl say oh u are just mad cuz he beat markei... yes and no... i just think that markei out played boo this yr and he and dustin should have been the only two even considered but im sure all the great sports writers at the jackson sun kno best :lol:

I feel that Duck (dustin Lindsay) was shafted for the past 2 years now...Its funny that everyone is upset cause alcoas "thug" Brandon Warren wins but nobody is upset that one of the best running backs in the state and THE best in 2A Has been shafted for 2 years straight....Welcome to UT Duck...it doesnt get better with awards from here...Ask Peyton Manning!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you switched the teams that Guy and Weathers were on they would still put of simailar stats and we would still have this aurgument. I think it boils down to the fact the Boo turned a lot of heads when he had 272 total yards agianst Alcoa in the championship game last year. That probably stuck in the back of a lot of peoples minds. That and the fact that after they snubbed Terrance Bell he put but 325 yards and 6tds on a 14-0 DL team that put the beat down on Alcoa 55-8 the week before. Shouldnt go into play, but we all know it did. I would love to have either of the 2 guys on my team. And I think they both know its just a peice of hardware. There a D-1 teams full of "Mr. Footballs" on the team that dont even see the field. Just ask Gerald Arnold, he was robbed I thought in 94, the award went to Robbie Locklear of Hardin Co. Both backs went to Memphis, Gerald ends up becoming Memphis all-time leading rusher,....until De'Angelo comes along.

But anyway Congrats to both.

Dustin Lindsey has broken numerous records in this state and has been shafted 2 years in a row ! He is the kind of kid who is a team player and will be fine. We know ity's all political. When you put up stats like he has there is no way you should not be honored with an award such as this. He is just a real nice young man with lots of character . He has perfect sportsmanlike conduct and he will make it it when some of the others won't! All of y7ou know in your heart of hearts that he should've won it! This Boo Weathers doesn't impress me at all and who has recruited him , he's not even ranked, I am not suprised though , if we put a person in the white House like G. W. , we'll do almost anything in theses United States! Dustin knows what he is about and he will prove himself . Where are all the nominees when the championship games began this weekend? Dustin will be playing for another ring. "YOU GO DUCK"!!!!

I know he has, which goes to support another post made earlier by Gerry who is getting slammed for it. It only goes to support the case for Guy, he couldn't play and his team went down to an opponent they should have beat. GC had a great year for them but if Westview was such a seasoned team with great senior leadership they should have beat GC without Guy. JMO.

I congratulate Boo on winning the award. I am sure he is most deserving as were the other nominees.

Bulldogfan#2... Westview led by 19 pts. with less than 6 minutes to go in the game and GC scores on three td's in the final minutes. Didn't know Guy played defense. Talk to some knowledgeable fans and they will tell you Coady lost that game all by himself by poor play calling.

Edited by Mr. Mustang

Just what everyone wanted. A Maryville boy sticking his nose in. Dustin Lindsey should have won this award last year. He scored like 40 touchdowns and all his other numbers would have backed it up as well. I thought for sure he would win it this year. That he did not win either year is mind boggling to me.

And I wonder how many of you calling Brandon Warren a thug know him personally or have even seen him play? Brandon has spent time in my home before with Joei Fiegler, who by the way is also a great kid. Brandon is really soft spoken and easy going. Geez i've got a toy poodle that barks and Brandon was afraid of it. (He doesn't like dogs) On the playing field and/or court he is intense which most great athletes are. Maybe he needs to learn to channel his emotions at times. Maybe, just maybe this is part of that learning process. He is a high school kid. REMEMBER? I was not at either game when the ejections occurred, and so I will offer no excuses one way or the other altough spinning the ball after a play is over is hardly what I would think should land you on a wanted poster. Regardless of what transpired the kid is paying the price and has missed the three biggest games of his senior year. There is no need to punish him on here. Nor would it be appropriate to ignore the good things he has done on the field while a few mistakes have been magnified so much. We expect our coaches to assist in developing our kids character while some of us get on here and play judge and jury and try to verbally obliterate them? THAT AIN'T RIGHT GUYS!

Bulldogfan#2... Westview led by more than two scores with less than 6 minutes to go in the game and GC scores on three td's in the final minutes. Didn't know Guy played defense. Talk to some knowledgeable fans from Wewstview and not some high school kid and they will tell you Coady lost that game all by himself by poor play calling.

I still say if Guy plays Westview wins the game easily, He makes that much of a difference. JMO - When one of the Mustangs (Boo) got hurt, they still had another weapon as good or better. As I stated earlier, Congrats to Boo on a great high school career. Does he have any offers from teams yet? If so, where?

ok lets see if all of the huntingdon football gods kno even a little of what they are talking about... markei didnt play against GC so tucker comes in and plays a great game for his first time we get up 31-14...( but i dont guess westview could score points without markei) oh and by the way josh williams got hurt the 1st play of the game as well... they throw 3 bombs in the last 3 minutes of the game... how would markei have helped us if he didnt play defense? another example... usj game markei played a qtr and half maybe... tucker once again steps up and we score 28 ... just goes to show u we didnt have to have markei to score points... by the way if u want to call westview average go ahead but this average team beat huntingdon the past 2 yrs and i think next yr the srs will keep the streak going...if u were wondering i did play on the offensive line... i was the captian of the team and maybe this is y im taking this so personal but oh well think what u want ... :blink:

Are you bragging about beating huntingdon the last two years during the regular season WOW HEARS YOUR COOKIE. Boy im glad thats not all we have to brag about especially with as many three year starters yall had this year. GO CHARGERS

Edited by fan91

Are you bragging about beating huntingdon the last two years during the regular season WOW HEARS YOUR COOKIE. Boy im glad thats not all we have to brag about especially with as many three year starters yall had this year. GO CHARGERS

nahh y would i brag about that ...but if u are giving out cookies ill take oatmeal raisin... but lets face it if huntingdon didnt have boo and donald they wouldnt have ne thing like poor "average" westview w/o markei hmmm makes ya think doesnt it ... it doesnt take much to get yall huntingdon fans worked up does it :blink:

Edited by westviewchargers64

Maybe both of the other finalist did have better offensive numbers this year than Boo but I would dare say that neither of them came close to playing the number of snaps during their career as Boo did. He has played BOTH sides of the ball as a starter since he was a sophomore.

alright duck played line backer all year and a lot last year, and the fact that he may not have taken as many snaps as boo but he didnt have to when your team puts up the numbers that they have, and no the points are not from being classless they are just that good.

boo has done more for his team this year and last year than guy or lindsy. sorry so get over it

how do you say that duck didnt help his team as much as boo last year he had 43 tds and 2000+ yards inc. playoffs and 43 tackles and 1 or 2 ints def. reg season only, this year he has 31 tackles and 2 ints that i know of, not to mention about 1200 rushing yards with 19 tds in just the regular season no playoffs that is what i call helping his team and most of thoes numbers are without playing much of the second half.

Just what everyone wanted. A Maryville boy sticking his nose in. Dustin Lindsey should have won this award last year. He scored like 40 touchdowns and all his other numbers would have backed it up as well. I thought for sure he would win it this year. That he did not win either year is mind boggling to me.

And I wonder how many of you calling Brandon Warren a thug know him personally or have even seen him play? Brandon has spent time in my home before with Joei Fiegler, who by the way is also a great kid. Brandon is really soft spoken and easy going. Geez i've got a toy poodle that barks and Brandon was afraid of it. (He doesn't like dogs) On the playing field and/or court he is intense which most great athletes are. Maybe he needs to learn to channel his emotions at times. Maybe, just maybe this is part of that learning process. He is a high school kid. REMEMBER? I was not at either game when the ejections occurred, and so I will offer no excuses one way or the other altough spinning the ball after a play is over is hardly what I would think should land you on a wanted poster. Regardless of what transpired the kid is paying the price and has missed the three biggest games of his senior year. There is no need to punish him on here. Nor would it be appropriate to ignore the good things he has done on the field while a few mistakes have been magnified so much. We expect our coaches to assist in developing our kids character while some of us get on here and play judge and jury and try to verbally obliterate them? THAT AIN'T RIGHT GUYS!

GREAT POST "JC" I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THE MISLED ASSUMPTIONS OF WHAT MIGHT BE THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVER FROM THE STATE OF TN!

AND YOU HAVE STILL GOT THE RESPECT FOR HIM WHILE YOU PULL FOR THE REBS!!

I KNOW WHAT KIND OF PERSON BW IS AND BY MY POSTS SAYS IT ALL.

YOUR DOGS NAME IS "TEE" I THINK WHICH IS BLIND.

I HOPE ALL IS WELL!

GO ALCOA,REBELS & O.R.

BRING IT BACK TO EAST TN :thumb:

GREAT POST "JC" I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THE MISLED ASSUMPTIONS OF WHAT MIGHT BE THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVER FROM THE STATE OF TN!

AND YOU HAVE STILL GOT THE RESPECT FOR HIM WHILE YOU PULL FOR THE REBS!!

I KNOW WHAT KIND OF PERSON BW IS AND BY MY POSTS SAYS IT ALL.

YOUR DOGS NAME IS "TEE" I THINK WHICH IS BLIND.

I HOPE ALL IS WELL!

GO ALCOA,REBELS & O.R.

BRING IT BACK TO EAST TN :thumb:

Best player from the state of TN ever? LOL. Did u seriously right that? Do the names John Henderson, Al Wilson, Chad Pennington ring a bell. Sorry no way he is the best ever.

you guys think that 91-7 vs. GP doesn't matter? There's no doubt that many east TN coaches probably voted against "alcoa's dustin lindsey" because of a perceived arrogant attitude. Football coaches are rednecks, let's be serious here -- they don't give a crap who's the "best" -- they're voting based on their redneck perception(s).