Best in 1A '06

hs sports fan

Josh Smith from Temple is probably going to be one of the best FB/TE in the state. He's like 6'3 and 240 lbs. and very strong. I know he is only in 1A and plays for a small school but I've seen this kid play several times and he is tough. Should be interesting to see what Temple does next year seeing that they are losing one of the best (underrated) QB's in the state in Kevin Smithson and they don't have that many quality players on the team (especially on defense).

Temple has another good player in Seth Skogen (WR).

I believe he led the Chattanooga area in receptions this year.

He's like 6'4 and 230 and has good hands. He's also very strong.

The only thing negative I've heard about him is that he tends to be a little bit lazy at times. But overall I think he's one of the best receivers in the state. Again, Temple is going to have to find someone to throw the ball to these guys in order for them to get the stats and recognition for next year.

A more balanced offense would help too. Get some lineman out averaging about 220 lbs with what you already have you will be considerably better. I know it can be hard to get more guys out but your numbers really need to be 25 or more players to see success and have at least little depth. In the game I saw you guys were exausted by the fourth quarter. This is just my observation.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East - Friendship, Trousdale, South Pittsburg, Gordonsville (I am betting on one of these four representing the east)

West - Jackson Christian, Fayatte Academy, Lake County

I believe these are the favorites.

Union City lost to much to be back.

McKenzie lost Mr. Football.

JoByrns lost QB that made every play.

Regions 1 and 2 simply do not match up well with the four teams from the east I mentioned.

I always like TC(my mom's alma mater),they will be there.

Friendship seems to be getting a little closer each year,one of these years(soon) I fully expect them to break through & go to the Blue Cross Bowl.

Also,I'd like to see RBS win some(or a few) games,any chance of that next year?

THE SQUAD :ph34r:

Region 6 will probably be down next year. Seems like all teams lost several seniors except Moore County in this region. MP lost 16, Cwood 10 or so, WC 8-10, CA 8 or so from a small squad, PC several, and Huntland about 12 or so, most were major contributors. I'm not sure about Cornersville.

PC loses 8 seniors, 6 of them starters...mostly on the line

You can count on alot of familiar faces from the West as well.

Region 8 will be Fayette Academy and JCS. TCA might make some ripples after playing so many sophomores.

Region 7 will be one of the toughest with Union City, McKenzie, Lake County, Bruceton, and West Carroll.

I predict JCS over FA next year. TCA will probably come in third, though it really is too soon to tell. I agree that Region 7 will be tough, but UC won't be as good as they were, they lost too many seniors. And McKenzie lost Hayes, there's no way to tell who can come out on top yet.

Also,I'd like to see RBS win some(or a few) games,any chance of that next year?

THE SQUAD :D

I dont know what they will look like next season, but for the first time in along time, they do have something to look forward to! This past season the Jr. High team was very good going 5-1 and beating some pretty solid teams! If theses kids will stick with it for a couple of year, we may get to see RBS at least compete! If RBS could have hung on to the ball this past season, they would have made several games alot closer, I know the first game of the year, they turned the ball over 8 times! But if they keep putting out the effort and theses other kids stick together and play through HS, then maybe RBS will have something in a few years? :thumb:

I dont know what they will look like next season, but for the first time in along time, they do have something to look forward to! This past season the Jr. High team was very good going 5-1 and beating some pretty solid teams! If theses kids will stick with it for a couple of year, we may get to see RBS at least compete! If RBS could have hung on to the ball this past season, they would have made several games alot closer, I know the first game of the year, they turned the ball over 8 times! But if they keep putting out the effort and theses other kids stick together and play through HS, then maybe RBS will have something in a few years? :thumb:

Yeah RBS's jr high was 4-3 last year and 5-1 this year...they were a very young team this year....I believe they only lost 4 or 5 seniors and I believe dressed out about 30 to 35 players...I look for them in the future to win a few games, but I still wish the athletes in the school would play...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...