Antioch coach resigns

shadow

OK, if Coach Brown won't go back, I'll suggest some others that would be great hires. I agree that Coach Bush should be the favorite, but how about James Reese - former TSU head coach on staff at Glencliff currently, Bubba Spears - former Stratford head coach now at McGavock, or Richard Herzog - ultra successful defensive coordinator at Hillsboro.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you people only talking about current Metro coaches? Did you ever consider trying to hire the best coach possible? What about the coach at Hoover, AL, Byrnes, SC, Satterfield from Trousdale County or John Hannah former Baylor coach? You need to take a long walk around the block and see what is out there before you just make a hire.

Why are you people only talking about current Metro coaches? Did you ever consider trying to hire the best coach possible? What about the coach at Hoover, AL, Byrnes, SC, Satterfield from Trousdale County or John Hannah former Baylor coach? You need to take a long walk around the block and see what is out there before you just make a hire.

No offense cbg, but Metro doesn't provide any favors for head football coaches the way other states and private schools can. A head coach in Metro will teach 5 of 6 classes with ONE planning period. Many coaches in other states (Georgia included) and private schools ( I can name 3 right off the top of my head) do not have to teach at all.

He will make 12% of his salary for being the head coach. Not a whole lot of booster club payouts going on in Metro. John Hannah was paid twice the salary being only the "Director of Football Operations" at Baylor than he would make to coach and teach 5 classes in Metro. I won't even begin to discuss the difference in the clientele of the two schools. Coaching on the field is the easy part. Dealing with all the daily stuff that is Metro schools is much more.

Funding just to equip your team is not necessarily a given, either. I know we have to do A LOT of fundraising just to get by.

Having a bunch of athletes is not the same as having a bunch of football players. Eligibility presents a problem as well.

The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. Lord knows I found that out the hard way. I wish all the applicants good luck.

My question is why start from scratch when things can just move forward. Bush, in my opinion is the logical choice, if he wants it, because of the time he has spent at the school, and because of the respect factor the players have for him. Yet, there are quality assistants at Antioch that would do a great job in Tony Curry and Brad Peden. There is no need to look any where else. If Dr. Bess does decides to bring in a new face, what type of reception would he get from the current staff, as well as the players. Personally, I hope she makes the right choice.

Edited by nununu

Jason Bush will be a great choice, and they to name him by the beginning of the 2nd semester. The players and coaches would know and all have time to prepare for spring practice. Any coach that could be hired for Mac's teaching position would have time to know the players. If you put in your time with hard work and loyalty to your school, you should be rewarded wih advancement. Jason is ready, turn him loose.

All of this puts Bush in big quandary...after all of the time he has spent building the Ladies of Elegance into the power that they are today, does he move on and leave the poor ladies hanging?.

What about that crotchety old guy who used to be at Hunters Lane? Maybe he could come to AHS and take over the Ladies of Elegance for BUsh.

Some scoop -- A coach with the name of Johnson is trying very hard for the Bears job. Metro athlectic director thinks he is a great coach, maybe he want have to hide his faults this time.

very interesting...........there's another thread on coaching vacancies that hints about a coach named Johnson as well

When is all of this supposed to happen?

Please do not use the commitee interviews for the Antioch job, because most know that they are a sham and have nothing to do with the selection of the coach. The prinicpal should interview worthy canidates that she chooses and pick the man that best fits the players, school, and community.