LIVINGSTON ACADEMY 3A STATE CHAMPIONS

bobcatfanatic28

Just wanted to say how much I admire Coach Eldridge, Coach McCoin, Coach Lamb, Coach Swallows, Coach Gore, and the rest of the LA Football Staff....you guys are a class act and anyone would be lucky to get to work with you. We fans can't put into words how exciting this historic run has been! It was hard not to be there today and not get emotional.

Speaking of emotions, I was watching the highlight footage of the championship games on UPN Channel 30 and saw Wade Ford wiping tears after the game was over. How great to see these kids put everything into something. Look how it has paid off!!!!!!!!

Guys, thank you all. We will never forget this!

Coach Melton

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unreal season for LA, that's all I can say.

Obviously not a better way to end a season than to bring home the Gold Football as the state champions. Big time congrats to the players and coaches at LA.

Incredible season for a team that wasn't even picked by many to contend in their new region. Gotta give a lot of credit to the other teams of Region 2 for making LA tougher throughout the season. I honestly believe whichever of the four teams that made it out of that region alive after the quarterfinals would win the state, and they did. Also, like others have said, gotta give credit to the old Region 4 teams that also helped get LA to where they are now with the stiff competition in the previous four years. Obviously Trousdale County faired pretty well this season while Smith County and Portland made the playoffs yet again despite playing in a new region and class.

Good Job Livingston!

Your boys were battle tested and it showed in their heart and determination today!

They really wore the slipper well and made a name for your team and your school!

I saw the LA team when they came to Fulton and they played with a blue-collar, never give-up attitude. You guys have definitely added a little extra spice and additional strength to an already tough region. I cant wait to travel to the plateau next year. I'm sure the atmosphere is great!

Again, Congrats...Way to represent the region...Your team, fans and community should be proud...!!!

Congrats to the LA Wildcats on there first ever state title beating David Lipscomb 28-13. So much for a cinderella team and a doormat team on there way up the cats are for real and they proved it today as they run all over David Lipscomb. they jumped out to a 21-0 lead and never looked back. Wilson Cates was the man again he did it all today but credit goes to the entire wildcat team, i wish i could have been there to support you guys, and also congrats to #52 Curtis Beaty my boy congrats big man all you guys deserved this win first time ever a 5 loss team wins a state title and also the first 4th seed to win once again congrats to LA on an outstanding season and for winning there first state title in school history. GO H-O-G-E-Y-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is absolutely unbelievable! You guys did something that no one but you and your fans thought you could do! There is no way a 5-5 regular season record is going to end up in a Gold Ball, but it did!

By the way, Oakland was 5-5 in 98 and won it all too, but that's beside the point.

From a Cookeville fan, everyone of us from the UC area are very proud of you guys! I just wish I could have been there to see it, and that we had been playing in the game at the end of the day, but it wasn't to be. At least you guys got your shot and made it count! You've been proving everyone wrong for the past 5 weeks! No matter who you were playing, it was the same old song and dance. (Insert your opponents name here) will run away with the game, and LA can't stop them. They got lucky last week, etc. Never really worked out for them though, did it? I think everyone in the state was underestimating your ability as a team! By the way, to the people that were whining about LA getting away with holding all night against ND, get over it! As a coach I can tell you that no team is going to get away with something all night and the other team won't. That's just another lame excuse for "You got beat!"

Again, great job, enjoy it, and go to work on getting another one! Also, tell Coach Lamb to go on a diet! :ph34r:

Edited by stlrcoach

Congratulations to LA and all of its supportors.It shows that kids with pride dont care what thier record is at the end of the season.everyone is 0-0 at the start of the playoffs.Alot of people are eating crow about this 5-5 team, and these kids are going to have memories that last a life time.Congrats to the coaches and the community for not giving up on your team.I miss the rivilry we used to have against LA and would love to once again see our teams play.Good luck in the future!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

To begin with, I'd like to congratulate DL on a great season. You guys are a class act!! And then----HOW "BOUT THEM WILDCATS??? I bet everyone knows where Livingston is now!! This is just unbelieveable. Everyone in Livingston has been waiting so long for this and we knew this was the TEAM to give it to us. I want to thank all of you guys for the way you have played ,your attitudes,and your conduct on and off the field. You too are a class act!!! To all the seniors, good luck in whatever you choose to do. To all you other guys, you have some huge shoes to fill. With hard work and great attitudes, I know you will be ready come week 1 in 2006!! And to the fans-- I was shocked when I walked in the stadium yesterday. It seemed everyone in Overton County was there!! Great to see this kind of support for a very deserving team. Thanks for the memories. It has been a ride this OldCatFan will never forget!!!

To begin with, I'd like to congratulate DL on a great season. You guys are a class act!! And then----HOW "BOUT THEM WILDCATS??? I bet everyone knows where Livingston is now!! This is just unbelieveable. Everyone in Livingston has been waiting so long for this and we knew this was the TEAM to give it to us. I want to thank all of you guys for the way you have played ,your attitudes,and your conduct on and off the field. You too are a class act!!! To all the seniors, good luck in whatever you choose to do. To all you other guys, you have some huge shoes to fill. With hard work and great attitudes, I know you will be ready come week 1 in 2006!! And to the fans-- I was shocked when I walked in the stadium yesterday. It seemed everyone in Overton County was there!! Great to see this kind of support for a very deserving team. Thanks for the memories. It has been a ride this OldCatFan will never forget!!!

Way to go HOGEYE! :ph34r:

Got to watch almost all of it on tv,UNBELIEVEABLE!!

Same to you OldCatFan! :)

Cookeville fans,Upper Cumberland fans & most high school football fans across the state are THRILLED about you guys.

Enjoy it. :P

THE SQUAD :)

Livingston,

Congratulations on a fantastic game (and season). Wilson Cates put on a clinic on how to run the triple option. It was the best display of running the option I have seen at the high school level since Marion County's great veer offenses of the mid 90's. Your coaches had a great plan and the team executed it extremely well.

There were several times that we (thought we) had the fullback wrapped up and then Cates pulled the ball out of his belly and went to his next read. He is a special quarterback and was very gracious in victory after the game. All of the postitive things that LA fans wrote about him were true. I would love to see him at Vandy next year.

As a member of the Lipscomb community, I was disappointed for our kids. As a product of a small town high school, I was thrilled for your community. I know how much an event like this means to everyone.

Have a great time up there on cloud nine. You deserve it.

A Lipscomb supporter

Edited by tackle

Livingston,

Congratulations on a fantastic game (and season). Wilson Cates put on a clinic on how to run the triple option. It was the best display of running the option I have seen at the high school level since Marion County's great veer offenses of the mid 90's. Your coaches had a great plan and the team executed it extremely well.

There were several times that we (thought we) had the fullback wrapped up and then Cates pulled the ball out of his belly and went to his next read. He is a special quarterback and was very gracious in victory after the game. All of the postitive things that LA fans wrote about him were true. I would love to see him at Vandy next year.

As a member of the Lipscomb community, I was disappointed for our kids. As a product of a small town high school, I was thrilled for your community. I know how much an event like this means to everyone.

Have a great time up there on cloud nine. You deserve it.

A Lipscomb supporter

Good post. Our rivalry with LA was...and is...about as heated as any...but you see how SC fans came out to support this bunch. They are a lot like DL in many ways. They play clean and hardnosed football. Congrats to both teams for a very entertaining game to watch. Congrats to Coach E for a great game plan.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• This scenario resonates with the dynamics observed in my hometown of Hartsville. The undue influence of politics on high school sports remains a pervasive issue, detracting from the integrity of athletic programs.  The proliferation of individuals driven by a thirst for power inevitably precipitates the downfall of any program. It appears that we are currently grappling with similar challenges akin to those faced by Greenback. Please accept my condolences for your ordeal.
    • From what we are hearing on the reservation we will be lucky to beat sunbright. And trust me I am not throwing stones at them because they play their hearts out. It’s a tuff game every year, just like Oakdale but when you have small numbers that’s what you get. And then you add in that you loose two top linemen and the starting qb!!!! Along with a running back!  We are in deep trouble. 
    • The coach's departure ensued due to the absence of backing from the board members, compounded by the unsettling revelation that one board member persistently surveilled him, verging on conduct akin to harassment. Furthermore, it appears that meeting the expectations of this community remains an unattainable feat, as even a hypothetical scenario of clinching five consecutive state championships would likely not suffice to quell discontent. The current situation is fraught with complications, primarily stemming from applicants for the position who have cultivated relationships with board members known to have opposed the former coach.
    • Yes it big when you only have 30 players last year and that is counting 8th graders it is huge!!!!!!! And this year they are starting a middle school team and the 8th graders will be on it. Until their season is over. That is a plus to having a K-12 school. The eighth graders can play on high school football. And yes we have used them a lot in the past few years. 
    • Was the Coach fired? I thought I had read here or somewhere that he had elected to leave himself and pretty sure some folks on here had already been eluding to his departure well in advance of him actually acknowledging it. Or did the principal can him and then in turn get canned him/herself for this action?  From the sounds of it, i don't know if this or the Clinton situation is more of a mess.