Cookeville @ Livingston Academy

I Love HS Football

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know these two teams will meet in the next weeks at the Xmas tourney and i hope both teams play to the best of their abilities so no excuses can be made either way.

So you are saying that Cookeville didn't play their best? Ok, well, sometimes that is how the ball bounces. Unfortunately for the Cavs, they are not going to play their best everytime they hit the court.

So when they play, we (LA) should expect a blowout, IF Cookeville plays their best?

Gentlemen Gentlemen dont get me wrong i never said LA was a better team i clearly said that cookeville was not ready to play and that the Siegel game took a lot out of them. LA was the better team last night.

In Cookeville the 1st matchup the football players did not play more than 10 min a piece if they would have played mostly the whole game like Wilson Cates i dont know what would have happened.

Do not get me wrong La won the game and that is all that matters and LA's defense did not have that much to do with it if you shoot 32% then youy were just off. I know these two teams will meet in the next weeks at the Xmas tourney and i hope both teams play to the best of their abilities so no excuses can be made either way.

I also have a lot of respect for Livingston Academy and all the personal in the entire school.

Once again LA deserved to win.

You are extremely off if you think the defense had nothing to do with 32% from the field. By saying this, you are saying that if there was absolutely no defense, and they were shooting on an empty court, then they would have still shot 32%, and if that is not what you are saying then the Defense contributed. The General is exactly right about the percentages. To think that Cookeville shot so bad and LAs defense did not contribute at all is ridiculous. LA plays run and gun ball and that wears on teams, and as we all know that will throw your shot off, maybe they were shooting bad at first, but they did not shoot any better when they were tired I am sure. Good Luck to LA and Congrats to them and Coach Melton on the victories so far this season.

So you are saying that Cookeville didn't play their best? Ok, well, sometimes that is how the ball bounces. Unfortunately for the Cavs, they are not going to play their best everytime they hit the court.

So when they play, we (LA) should expect a blowout, IF Cookeville plays their best?

Of course Twig... LA, we, just cant compete...

on another note, it was good to see you doin Willie Sells seat justice down on the other end, how terrible were those refs....BOTH ways....BOTH games :D;)

Well now I've figured out why Cookeville lost, not why LA won, but why Cookeville lost. It was, according to Cookeville's Coach's comments in the Herald Citizen, mostly a hangover from the Siegel game. It's funny that Siegel had more to do with this game than LA did. Oh and LA fans, how bout the respect? According to the comments in the Herald, LA hustled and tried. But, and this is pretty much a quote, it was a bigger game for LA than it was for Cookeville. That's a great comment to make. How does this sound....

Well, we beat them by four at our place and a couple of weeks later they beat us by two at their place. But here are a slew of excuses and it was, understandably, a "bigger" game for them than it was for us. :o

Come on LA, you only won because Cookeville didn't really try. Could this be any more ridiculous? :o

Hey coach melton, do it again.

Edited by madisonsquaregarden

Congrats to LA on a big win for ya'll. It was stated by Coach Melton in the Herald-Citizen that this is the first win by the LA boys over Cookeville in 8 years.

It'll be 8 more years before it happens again.

Once again,congratulations. :o

THE SQUAD :o

Why ?? .... are they not on the schedule anymore. I think LA will have a real good program these next few years. And LA will beat the Cavs again probably the next time they play.

Edited by Rocking Chair