Battleground Academy

Sweep Left

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do want to put this rumor to be about Coach Smith at Independence, even though the money is attractive at BGA, he will not leave the eagles, he loves it there and wants to stay for many years...Smith will not go to BGA, he wants to win more gold balls at Indy...........wish he would give it a try, works very well with the private school athlete...would allow love to coach with him again, private schools make it easier to coach at their school

I do want to put this rumor to be about Coach Smith at Independence, even though the money is attractive at BGA, he will not leave the eagles, he loves it there and wants to stay for many years...Smith will not go to BGA, he wants to win more gold balls at Indy...........wish he would give it a try, works very well with the private school athlete...would allow love to coach with him again, private schools make it easier to coach at their school

Smith won't leave the county....ok...But don't say he is not interested....he may not have APPLIED but he has expressed some interest......right Green lantern????

The man can't stand to lose. If he doesn't feel that he has the skill players at Indy...esp at QB......he won't last there.

Edited by bulldog69

I only know what Smith tells me and he feels that they can compete for a state championship in a few years, really starting to get players transferring in...will only have 6 or 7 seniors next year but heard they are getting some studs transferring in....he lives so close to the school and all...i just say that if he went private it would be easier for me to get into coaching with him again

I only know what Smith tells me and he feels that they can compete for a state championship in a few years, really starting to get players transferring in...will only have 6 or 7 seniors next year but heard they are getting some studs transferring in....he lives so close to the school and all...i just say that if he went private it would be easier for me to get into coaching with him again

How is he getting players to "transfer in"? Wouldn't that be the evil RECRUITING? Please do tell.

How is he getting players to "transfer in"? Wouldn't that be the evil RECRUITING? Please do tell.

Part of what he is alluding to is the awful job of redrawing boundary lines in the district. Let's just say that he has been very "blessed" with the way they were done. Recruiting....nahhhh....just "transferring in".

Please let me say this, Smith is many things but cheating is not one of them, the thompson station area is growing at an incredible rate and people want their kids to get noticed, especially quarterbacks.....they will win and they will win the right way.....williamson county has a really odd transfer policy and several kids are not happy with their present coach in the county.....just want to have fun....again, i think he will stay no matter what the offer

Please let me say this, Smith is many things but cheating is not one of them, the thompson station area is growing at an incredible rate and people want their kids to get noticed, especially quarterbacks.....they will win and they will win the right way.....williamson county has a really odd transfer policy and several kids are not happy with their present coach in the county.....just want to have fun....again, i think he will stay no matter what the offer

News Flash-- scott smith is the green lantern.

So how long does it take to find a coach? Of course, the sense of urgency isn't as great in high school as it is in college, but two DII jobs - this one and Baylor - have been open for at least a few weeks now. I would think that both would attract a significant number of applicants from which to choose.

Maybe we'll see some movement in the next week or so now that the holidays are over.

News Flash-- scott smith is the green lantern.

Come on now Shotgun5wide, I mean Green Latern, I mean Scott, all you have to do.....and I quote, "Public school coaches need to quit complaining and get to work".

Some guy, a few years ago, when blessed with no less than 3 D1 athletes on the 1A level, said that. Of course he was at a private school, so he obviously knew what he was talking about. I think he faded into obscurity somewhere..........what was his name again??? :lol:;):thumb: