Battleground Academy

Sweep Left

Come on now Shotgun5wide, I mean Green Latern, I mean Scott, all you have to do.....and I quote, "Public school coaches need to quit complaining and get to work".

Some guy, a few years ago, when blessed with no less than 3 D1 athletes on the 1A level, said that. Of course he was at a private school, so he obviously knew what he was talking about. I think he faded into obscurity somewhere..........what was his name again??? ;):lol::thumb:

HEY!!!!!! THAT was a good one!! Notice that Smith wants to stay in Williamson co but not necessarily ay Indy. I know that the re-drawn boundaries have heavily favored Indy. The new subdivision right next to Indy will have 700 homes. Indy will lose some of those Thompson Station subdivisions and others close to Spring Hill...as well as some close to Franklin. There will be too many students there. The way it is currently drawn, Page will be a 2a school....now that was some creative boundaries set. That has to be re-drawn for the sake of overcrowding. Besides, Smitty doesn't have that QB he is looking for at INDY. What I am hearing is two years at most and they better win or he bails if not now. BGA wants a winner to take over ...not a travelling show. Scotty Lantern will go >>>>>>

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my, my, my my time away has not improved the posting...such bitter feelings from some that I am so close to......hate to intervene but since my name has been burned in every circle let me go ahead and state that Green Lantern not only is a member of the justice league but a close coaching friend...not that I have many and that is ok to...feels good to be back....I have missed it...now this is me and I am impressed with all the overweight, hurt back and who cares Sherlock Holmes we have on the net...I will talk to my boy lantern and get things very straight with him...bulldog69, hope that is not your IQ size, tell me who you are and I am sure we can play a game in the next two years, oh that's right, we can't because I will be gone....on that check back Jan 9th, new transfer coming in...or is it spring...LILIL...or whatever, go back to sleep....boys it has been real and I wish the new coach at BGA lots of luck...good people, just like my boys at Independence.....signed Batman was a tree hugger but atleast he was not boring!!!!!

Will the real Scott Smith please stand-up?

The room is spinning is scott smith Green Lantern and Batman...... only time will tell......is one my brother or another coach...either way bulldog69....name your time, the new schedules are put together next fall...what about a scrimmage this year...want to mix it up....name the date and my balls will be there...no division one players this time...come get some and stop hidding behind that size 19 neck....LILIC, one of my own boys, a Judas for sure but now at least I have learned to watch my backside, don't be a hater and sleep tight..your time is coming very soon...sooner than you think my friend

my, my, my my time away has not improved the posting...such bitter feelings from some that I am so close to......hate to intervene but since my name has been burned in every circle let me go ahead and state that Green Lantern not only is a member of the justice league but a close coaching friend...not that I have many and that is ok to...feels good to be back....I have missed it...now this is me and I am impressed with all the overweight, hurt back and who cares Sherlock Holmes we have on the net...I will talk to my boy lantern and get things very straight with him...bulldog69, hope that is not your IQ size, tell me who you are and I am sure we can play a game in the next two years, oh that's right, we can't because I will be gone....on that check back Jan 9th, new transfer coming in...or is it spring...LILIL...or whatever, go back to sleep....boys it has been real and I wish the new coach at BGA lots of luck...good people, just like my boys at Independence.....signed Batman was a tree hugger but atleast he was not boring!!!!!

uuuhhhh...."Einstein"...we already play you Indy guys.....unless you want to schedule us in your new "JOB".

So how long does it take to find a coach? Of course, the sense of urgency isn't as great in high school as it is in college, but two DII jobs - this one and Baylor - have been open for at least a few weeks now. I would think that both would attract a significant number of applicants from which to choose.

Maybe we'll see some movement in the next week or so now that the holidays are over.

Williamson AM section this morning had an article stating that BGA was planning to pare down the applicants to finalists early this week, and then do interviews. Article also quoted Gary Rankin as stating he was interested in the job. I wonder who called whom to get that in? :unsure:

Guest catfish-hunter

Williamson AM section this morning had an article stating that BGA was planning to pare down the applicants to finalists early this week, and then do interviews. Article also quoted Gary Rankin as stating he was interested in the job. I wonder who called whom to get that in? :rolleyes:

Tim Johnson, end of story.

Guest catfish-hunter

When will this be announced , Catfish? Odd how Rankin with his 4 state championships doesn't seem to be anyone's first choice.

A decision will not be made until the week of Jan. 10. Tim Johnson has already had more than one interview for the job and from what I hear it is simply his if he wants it. He built Franklin into one of the best 5A football programs in the state. He took a program on life support, Giles Co., and put people back in the stands on Friday nights to support a football team that he brought back to respectability in a very short amount of time.

Has Rankin already been interviewed more than once for the job????? NO! Is Rankin's history regarding the privates one that would like to be remembered by those who support the football program at BGA????? NO!

After bringing life back to the football program in Pulaski Johnson is set to leave. the drive back and forth from Franklin to Pulaski is crucial yes BUT that is not the main reason why Johnson will leave. The program at Giles is set to have a pretty good year next year and Johnson would like to leave it in the hands of a potential successor while it is on the rise. If he leaves and Giles is back on a decline mode then that would simply be a slap in the face to coach Jackie L. Smith, who hand picked Johnson as his successor after Johnson once served as an assistant coach on his staff during the late-90's (which was when Giles Co. was pretty darn good).