Region 3-5A in 2006

WC49

Warren county has an obviously big loss at quarterback, but i believe Paz had some very athletic kids backing him up last year, who might turn out to be pretty good with a little game experience. I went to the warren county football banquet this year, and at one point they asked the entire defensive unit to stand up. If i remember correctly, there were only like 3 or 4 seniors in the entire defensive unit, and the two players who got Defensive MVP were both Juniors. Warren county could be pretty tough. If Cumberland county drops down to 3A or 4A next year, what will that do to the schedules, since most of the schedules are already set?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cumberland county drops down to 3A or 4A next year, what will that do to the schedules, since most of the schedules are already set?

It will be 2007 before they drop. But don't be surprised if CCHS & Stone both be 5A school in about 5-10 years. They county is growing so fast its not funny. We already have 9 elem schools and there all full. There already talking about buliding another one.

If Cumberland county drops down to 3A or 4A next year, what will that do to the schedules, since most of the schedules are already set?

It will be 2007 before they drop. But don't be surprised if CCHS & Stone both be 5A school in about 5-10 years. They county is growing so fast its not funny. We already have 9 elem schools and there all full. There already talking about buliding another one.

Cookeville-- great coach, #1 till someone beats them. Qb & Wolf will be missed.

LC-- may have the best qb in region 3, less overall talent than past LC teams.

Coffee Co.--4 plays cost them 4 games in 05,returns 15 starters,must find a Qb,

Fr. Co-- losses @ nose gaurd & rb will hurt.To many unanswered questions.

Warren Co--Paz is gone, soft defence and a soft schedule =3 wins

Cumb. Co.--new coach , new system, new school coming,what else????

Lincoln Co...Talented group of incoming jrs and soph, and freshmen classes are very good. Falcons will soon be one of the better teams in Middle Tenn.

Cookeville....Coach Joslin is building a strong program at Cookeville.

Warren Co...Yes, they will miss their qb, but have very good classes coming up.

Franklin Co....we will really miss the leadership of Hershberger, Ray and Wiseman. Have to find rb's and a qb. Sholey will sorely be missed. We are a couple of yrs from having similar teams to the ones we had in the late 60's and early 80's. A lot of young talent at the skill positions.

Coffee Co...yes they played a lot of young talent, but they had to. Not sure they are talented enough to make the playoffs.

Cumberland Co...new coach and bilding of the new school. One thing you can always count on from the Jets is hard nosed football. They always have tough kids. They need more speed.

• 2 weeks later...

What? :blink: All those senior citizens up there having kids again? :D

THE SQUAD :blink:

• 1 month later...

I agree with LC being the team to beat. Cookeville comes in 2nd....after that is anyone's guess. Coffee Co will still be an unproven team. Franklin Co will be hurting for a qb and rb. Warren Co has a decent chance of finishing in the top 4. Cumberland Co will struggle.

no disrespect but i dont think they will be hurting for a rb they have one. he's not as big but he is stronger and faster. 5'11", 210lb benching 290lbs and runs he's 40 in 4.6

no disrespect but i dont think they will be hurting for a rb they have one. he's not as big but he is stronger and faster. 5'11", 210lb benching 290lbs and runs he's 40 in 4.6

With Coach Britton at the helm, any running back will have a strong O-line that will open holes you can drive a truck thru. That has been the 'secret' of R'dales success over the years. I expect FC will have similar success in the future. It will not come over night, but it will come.

everyone has to remember that CC played the 10th toughest schedule in the state last year and with the exception of Baylor, Brentwood, and Overton had a chance to win every game and they were starting mostly sop.

And they played cookeville better than anyone in the region, and had Lincoln County beat even LC coaches admitted that CC won that game because they had one clear td taken away and another that was very questionable.

Edited by wutubnsmkin

everyone has to remember that CC played the 10th toughest schedule in the state last year and with the exception of Baylor, Brentwood, and Overton had a chance to win every game and they were starting mostly sop.

And they played cookeville better than anyone in the region, and had Lincoln County beat even LC coaches admitted that CC won that game because they had one clear td taken away and another that was very questionable.

i watched the Cumberland Co. game i saw a butt kickin!I dont know what u saw that night but coffee was not in this game,just ask coach price.