Region 3-5A in 2006

WC49

So what do yall think of region 3-5A next season? Will cookeville be dominate and repeat again? Will cookeville drop way down after loosing 30 something seniors? What coaches are leaving? Who will be hired in their places? How will the affect the region? Was warren county's playoff run a fluke, or the beginning of something big? With a new school opening in Cumberland county, will cumberland county still be in the region next year? Who will the dominent players be next year? Who are some of the young guys to watch out for? What are the teams doing during the off season to prepare for next year? Who will win region next year?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will remain the weakest region in the state, just a bit weaker than before.

Cookeville, Big drop but Joslin will have them ready to play.

Lincoln Co., Will be improved, probably the team to beat, but well short of competing with region 4.

Franklin Co., New coach, possibly a slump as new systems etc.. .put in...Returning talent??

Cumberland will struggle one more year at 0-10 before moving to 3A and an east region.

Coffee Co., Will do good to break .500

Warren Co., maybe not a fluke, but the QB was EVERYTHING. He's gone and so is the 5 wins, Cumberland, Dekalb and Bradley will be there only victories.

here is the order i think things will shake out at seasons end:

Cookeville - to be the best you have to beat the best and they're the ones with all the gold.

Lincoln County - they could fall to number three, but they always seem to find themselfs in a good spot no matter how bad they are.

Coffee County - only lost four starters and should have a big season next year possibally finishing at the second spot if they can find that elusive win over LC.

Warren County - Paz is gone and he was their whole offense

Cumberland County

here is the order i think things will shake out at seasons end:

Cookeville - to be the best you have to beat the best and they're the ones with all the gold.

Lincoln County - they could fall to number three, but they always seem to find themselfs in a good spot no matter how bad they are.

Coffee County - only lost four starters and should have a big season next year possibally finishing at the second spot if they can find that elusive win over LC.

Warren County - Paz is gone and he was their whole offense

Cumberland County

i guess franklin co won't field a team next year

Edited by mjuhb

LC graduated 11 seniors I think. There are a lot of really good guys coming back next year who got abunch of playing time last year.

I see it as

LC

cookeville

warren

coffee

franklin

cumberland

(cookeville slips to LC and warren co. has tasted what it is to win)

LC! LC! LC!

It will remain the weakest region in the state, just a bit weaker than before.

Cookeville, Big drop but Joslin will have them ready to play.

Lincoln Co., Will be improved, probably the team to beat, but well short of competing with region 4.

Franklin Co., New coach, possibly a slump as new systems etc.. .put in...Returning talent??

Cumberland will struggle one more year at 0-10 before moving to 3A and an east region.

Coffee Co., Will do good to break .500

Warren Co., maybe not a fluke, but the QB was EVERYTHING. He's gone and so is the 5 wins, Cumberland, Dekalb and Bradley will be there only victories.

Actually Cumberland Co will probally drop to 4A. I wish they could go all the way to 3A. Stone is going probally start out 3A

It will remain the weakest region in the state, just a bit weaker than before........

If you take the average ratings from http://earlnall.com/ Prep Performance ratings then region 3 is NOT the weakest 5A region in the state. Region 7 with Bartlett, Memphis Central, Cordova and Memphis Overton would be the weakest.

Region 8 would be the strongest using the average ratings. Without doing the math I would have thought region 2 would have been the best.

The guys at Cookeville seem to be on to something. They have gotten better and better each year. They may dip a little in '06 but probably not very much. LC is probably the team to beat as they have some really good ones coming of age and they have been winning for a long time.

Sounds like the region is going to be more balanced but I think it will be stronger overall.

The guys at Cookeville seem to be on to something. They have gotten better and better each year. They may dip a little in '06 but probably not very much. LC is probably the team to beat as they have some really good ones coming of age and they have been winning for a long time.

Sounds like the region is going to be more balanced but I think it will be stronger overall.

I agree with LC being the team to beat. Cookeville comes in 2nd....after that is anyone's guess. Coffee Co will still be an unproven team. Franklin Co will be hurting for a qb and rb. Warren Co has a decent chance of finishing in the top 4. Cumberland Co will struggle.

I can see Coffee County having a big year next year. This past year they played pretty good though the record doesn't show it, and they're bringing back a lot of players.

I think Cookeville will drop a little, but I just say that because I don't know much about the classes under their 30 something seniors except for a couple players, and I think lack of experience won't be much of a factor after their good coaching and a few games into the season.

Don't know what to say about Lincoln Co, they have the history of being great, but had a down year, I guess they good go either way.

I think Franklin Co. has a lot of talent coming back.

Warren Co, yes they lost some very talented seniors, including the QB Josh Paz, but we have a LOT of returning starters who have worked just as hard as the seniors that are graduating. Just to name a few, Jon Paz, who's gotten all-region since his freshmen year, has gone both ways this past year and been LB since freshmen year. Todd Dunn, the big DT. Plus, a winning season after so many losing seasons, we've had SOO many students say they're going to give football a shot, because they see something starting here. Now I know a large part may not stick with it, but it's a lot easier to stick with it when you think you're gonna win than when you're losing. I don't see Warren Co. going into another slump like they were in anytime soon.

Cumberland Co, well, I think it'll be tough playing in 5A with the numbers of a 4A or 3A school, but ya never know in football....