Mike Vick

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE IT WHEN I AM SO RIGHT THAT NO ONE CAN RESPOND TO IT! :D

Tex you are a good man, but you are fighting a losing battle! I give you FACTS, you give me OPINIONS!!!!! :unsure:

gotmilk, statistacal numbers may be a measure of a predetermined action, but it does not equal what you say it does. The numbers do not bring the desired conclusion in almost every case, i.e. a non-emotional, accurate way to determine a QB's performance. The reason it does not is because the measuments are flawed. What it does do, even with the flaws, is rank each QB on the same system.

If I were you, I would not break my arm trying to pat myself on the back for being "so right". You believe you have proved that Vick is not an NFL QB? Is that what has made you use your CAPS LOCK key? Funny, entertainining and wrong. :)

gotmilk, statistacal numbers may be a measure of a predetermined action, but it does not equal what you say it does. The numbers do not bring the desired conclusion in almost every case, i.e. a non-emotional, accurate way to determine a QB's performance. The reason it does not is because the measuments are flawed. What it does do, even with the flaws, is rank each QB on the same system.

If I were you, I would not break my arm trying to pat myself on the back for being "so right". You believe you have proved that Vick is not an NFL QB? Is that what has made you use your CAPS LOCK key? Funny, entertainining and wrong. :D

Actually, I am not the kind of person to pat myself on the back! But I do find it funny that I have proven a point so well that no one can respond with anything besides "stats dont mean nothing"! This just happens to be a debate that all the facts prove my point and yet people are blinded by there pride that they cant admit it! I am a very humble person and anyone who knows me will tell you the same, but I do enjoy seeing your gasket blow when I make that comment! :)

Actually, I think you prolly agree with me about Vick, yet the discussion is too much fun for you to admit it!

But if you dont, please tell me what makes Mighty Mike oh so great? You says stats dont mean nothing and I have proved that he hasnt been a winner in this league, so what makes him so great? Isnt it all about winning? Isnt it about being able to help your team win? Please enlighten me? What is it that makes him this great QB? Is it that he can run fast? So could Carl Lewis, would he be a great QB? I have been asking this for several pages now, what is it that makes Vick so great? That needs to be your mission, tell me what makes Vick so great? I have told you what makes him mediocre, now you tell me what makes him great? Thats all I am asking for? Obviously it has nothing to do with winning or helping your team win, so what is it? Why is this man put upon a pedestal for being a lackluster QB? Thats all I am asking for now, plain and simple! I have shown he is a mediocre QB, you show me why he is so great? :unsure:

Actually, I am not the kind of person to pat myself on the back! But I do find it funny that I have proven a point so well that no one can respond with anything besides "stats dont mean nothing"! This just happens to be a debate that all the facts prove my point and yet people are blinded by there pride that they cant admit it! I am a very humble person and anyone who knows me will tell you the same, but I do enjoy seeing your gasket blow when I make that comment! :D

Actually, I think you prolly agree with me about Vick, yet the discussion is too much fun for you to admit it!

But if you dont, please tell me what makes Mighty Mike oh so great? You says stats dont mean nothing and I have proved that he hasnt been a winner in this league, so what makes him so great? Isnt it all about winning? Isnt it about being able to help your team win? Please enlighten me? What is it that makes him this great QB? Is it that he can run fast? So could Carl Lewis, would he be a great QB? I have been asking this for several pages now, what is it that makes Vick so great? That needs to be your mission, tell me what makes Vick so great? I have told you what makes him mediocre, now you tell me what makes him great? Thats all I am asking for? Obviously it has nothing to do with winning or helping your team win, so what is it? Why is this man put upon a pedestal for being a lackluster QB? Thats all I am asking for now, plain and simple! I have shown he is a mediocre QB, you show me why he is so great? :unsure:

first off, let us not forget that you have not proved anything, no agreement here on that. In your mind you have, but most do not take your argument, so there is some gap between your pats on your own back and the acknowlegement of any agreement on your points.

So, is winning a football game the only measurement that tells if a football player is good or less than good? So if so, then the only good players last year were on the NE Patrioits team, all else were not so good. Is that your point? One guy either makes or breaks the team, yet if the other ten do not perform, then the one guy is not good?

The Carl Lewis comment is childish. You know that man was not a football player, only fast and could long jump pretty good (do not ever invite him to sing for the opening of any event, he not the guy).

The issue you are having is that you continue to say the guy is no good, and people do not agree with that assessement of his talent. You may have numbers on you side (btw, I did not say stats mean nothing, so to quote you, stop putting words into my mouth) but the numbers are only a guide line as you look at players and their worth/potential. That is where your argument falls short for most of those who do not agree with you.

As far as the NFL hype thing, so what. He is hyped as a dynamic player at QB, and he delivers on that "hype" ever time he plays. The NFL does not go out and advertise that he is the next Joe Montana or Bret Farve......so the hype fits.

first off, let us not forget that you have not proved anything, no agreement here on that. In your mind you have, but most do not take your argument, so there is some gap between your pats on your own back and the acknowlegement of any agreement on your points.

So, is winning a football game the only measurement that tells if a football player is good or less than good? So if so, then the only good players last year were on the NE Patrioits team, all else were not so good. Is that your point? One guy either makes or breaks the team, yet if the other ten do not perform, then the one guy is not good?

The Carl Lewis comment is childish. You know that man was not a football player, only fast and could long jump pretty good (do not ever invite him to sing for the opening of any event, he not the guy).

The issue you are having is that you continue to say the guy is no good, and people do not agree with that assessement of his talent. You may have numbers on you side (btw, I did not say stats mean nothing, so to quote you, stop putting words into my mouth) but the numbers are only a guide line as you look at players and their worth/potential. That is where your argument falls short for most of those who do not agree with you.

As far as the NFL hype thing, so what. He is hyped as a dynamic player at QB, and he delivers on that "hype" ever time he plays. The NFL does not go out and advertise that he is the next Joe Montana or Bret Farve......so the hype fits.

:unsure: You should work for the media! You pick sentences out of my quotes and piece them in so you can comment on them! I said "Isnt it about winning? Isnt it about helping your team win?" That was my quote, not Winning is the only way you can be a great player, see the difference? :D

Childish Comment? I think not? I am just trying to get a answer from someone, anyone? What makes Vick such a great QB? Simple Question!

Your quote:

I just call'em like I see! Dont put words in anyones mouth, you did the talking for yourself!

Now as far as me being the only one that thinks Vick is overrated as an NFL QB! You are way off, most people I know that have any knowledge of football are with me on this one and that is Vick is exciting to watch, but he is very overrated as a QB! I mean even the guys on around the horn agree with me!

Vick is great athlete and a better marketing profile, yet he is not a good NFL QB!

I want to know what you think determines if a player is a good player, mediocre player, bad player, great player, etc?

I always thought it was based on there performance? Maybe I am wrong? :)

:unsure: You should work for the media! You pick sentences out of my quotes and piece them in so you can comment on them! I said "Isnt it about winning? Isnt it about helping your team win?" That was my quote, not Winning is the only way you can be a great player, see the difference? :D

Childish Comment? I think not? I am just trying to get a answer from someone, anyone? What makes Vick such a great QB? Simple Question!

Your quote:

I just call'em like I see! Dont put words in anyones mouth, you did the talking for yourself!

Now as far as me being the only one that thinks Vick is overrated as an NFL QB! You are way off, most people I know that have any knowledge of football are with me on this one and that is Vick is exciting to watch, but he is very overrated as a QB! I mean even the guys on around the horn agree with me!

Vick is great athlete and a better marketing profile, yet he is not a good NFL QB!

I want to know what you think determines if a player is a good player, mediocre player, bad player, great player, etc?

I always thought it was based on there performance? Maybe I am wrong? :)

Your a funny guy,,,,I did not change your meaning, you just clairifed it more in your response.

I do not believe anyone has said that Mike Vick is a top shelf QB at this time of his career. No one that I know rates him that way. The point you are trying to make is that he is over rated. He would have to be rated, by someone, for him to be over rated. He is a good NFL QB, to use your words. Good. He is not the highest performing QB in the league, as you so (statistically) pointed out.

You answer some questions, since I have tried to give you the answers you seek. Is he being hyped as the next Joe Montana? the next Marino? What is the hype that your talking about? Is it the hype that he might beat the defense in a way that most QB's don't? What is it?

Your a funny guy,,,,I did not change your meaning, you just clairifed it more in your response.

I do not believe anyone has said that Mike Vick is a top shelf QB at this time of his career. No one that I know rates him that way. The point you are trying to make is that he is over rated. He would have to be rated, by someone, for him to be over rated. He is a good NFL QB, to use your words. Good. He is not the highest performing QB in the league, as you so (statistically) pointed out.

You answer some questions, since I have tried to give you the answers you seek. Is he being hyped as the next Joe Montana? the next Marino? What is the hype that your talking about? Is it the hype that he might beat the defense in a way that most QB's don't? What is it?

I answered your question with the post above! Imagine, more people would take Vick over Montana, Favre, and Elway combined! :unsure:

You still have not answered my question! What makes Vick so great? Dont be surprised to see another Cunningham!

I answered your question with the post above! Imagine, more people would take Vick over Montana, Favre, and Elway combined! :unsure:

You still have not answered my question! What makes Vick so great? Dont be surprised to see another Cunningham!

I did answer your question, several times. You just need to go back and read.

If Vick ever wants to win his SB, he needs to do what Young has done at the college level and that is transform into a efficent passing QB! Let me show you!

Young's Stats

First 2 Years combine will be the first numbers

Then this season will be the second numbers

Passing yards:

Passing TD

Comp %

Passer Rating

Rushing Yards

Rushing TD

Notice how his passing numbers has went up and his rushing numbers have gone down! And all the sudden his team is playing for a NC! Notice how he has become a passer, yet still know how to use his running ability! Vick has to transform into this type of QB in the NFL to be successful!

I am not comparing Vick to Young, I am just saying that Young made the change and has put his team in a position to win a NC, maybe it would benefit Vick also!

I did answer your question, several times. You just need to go back and read.

After reading back over the past few post, the only answer that I see that could remotely be an answer as to why you think Vick is so great is:

"As far as the NFL hype thing, so what. He is hyped as a dynamic player at QB, and he delivers on that "hype" ever time he plays."

And if this is your answer, then I agree with the comment, but in no way does it make him a great player!!!

After reading back over the past few post, the only answer that I see that could remotely be an answer as to why you think Vick is so great is:

"As far as the NFL hype thing, so what. He is hyped as a dynamic player at QB, and he delivers on that "hype" ever time he plays."

And if this is your answer, then I agree with the comment, but in no way does it make him a great player!!!

see, read for content.

I agree about Young and ability. What is the total number of victories change from the first two years, to this year? Was Young the only reason that Texas is now playing for a national championship? Just that he has become less prone to run>? He still runs and changes the game for his team. He is no Major Applewhite or Chris Sims, he brings what Mike Vick brings, a challenge to the defense to consider, every time he takes a snap.