Mike Vick

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the point was, you do not have to have the best qb to win or go to a superbowl. Did not the falcons go to one just a few years back.

I know...I just got off on the defense...

Yeah the last superbowl the falcons went to they finished 14-2 and Minnesota finished 15-1...Falcons upset the vikes only to lose to Elway and company in the superbowl...

And Chandler still has a better career QB rating than Vick :thumb:

Had Anderson not gotten hurt he would still be rushing for 1500 yards a season!!

BTW Anderson had 4 years where he rushed for over 1000 yards!!

LOL...is Chandler retired? YOu would rather have Chris than Mike?

and Anderson did get hurt......so if Mike would have not gotten several balls tipped by his recievers into a DB hands, his rating would be higher.

Had his less than pro bowl recievers not dropped passes, his rating would be higher......etc., etc.

LOL...is Chandler retired? YOu would rather have Chris than Mike?

and Anderson did get hurt......so if Mike would have not gotten several balls tipped by his recievers into a DB hands, his rating would be higher.

Had his less than pro bowl recievers not dropped passes, his rating would be higher......etc., etc.

You give me Chris in his 97 and 98 form and I would take him all day long over Vick! Chris was a good game manager and Chris did make some TO's, but he never made the killer TO's!!!!

You also have to look at some the great catches his young WR have made to make his stats look better!!!

You give me Chris in his 97 and 98 form and I would take him all day long over Vick! Chris was a good game manager and Chris did make some TO's, but he never made the killer TO's!!!!

You also have to look at some the great catches his young WR have made to make his stats look better!!!

my point in the qb rating thing was in fun about your Anderson comment,,,,,as in "if he did not get hurt...then....". You can make those comments all day long and make your point, but it is only an opinion about what ifs.

I knew you would take Chris ....lol....'cause you dislike Mike.

my point in the qb rating thing was in fun about your Anderson comment,,,,,as in "if he did not get hurt...then....". You can make those comments all day long and make your point, but it is only an opinion about what ifs.

I knew you would take Chris ....lol....'cause you dislike Mike.

Actually, I would take Chris(in 97-98 form), because he was able to HELP his team get to the Super Bowl and was a much better QB in those seasons than Vick ever has been! But after Chris suffered that major knee injury he never was the same and age was catching up with him also!

Actually, I would take Chris(in 97-98 form), because he was able to HELP his team get to the Super Bowl and was a much better QB in those seasons than Vick ever has been! But after Chris suffered that major knee injury he never was the same and age was catching up with him also!

Here is the standard bio on Chris. You may notice the number of times he was released because of a lack of performance, similiar to the way you view Vick. Maybe, just maybe, when Vick has had the number of years that Chris had, he may get lucky, like Chris did and get with a team that goes to the superbowl. Until then, you are taking the best years from a 17 year career of Chris and saying "look how good this guy was, much better than Vick", and it seems a little like Kurt Warner. A few good seasons and he should be back baggin' groceries for my Grandmother at the Piggly Wiggly.

Chris Chandler has been playing in the NFL for 17 years as of the 2004-2005 football season. He has been with a record 8 teams in the NFL. He was drafted in the third round of the draft by the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts deemed Chandler expendable due to his poor play, and the fact that they selected Jeff George with the first overall draft choice. Chandler's worst years were in Tampa Bay, where he was 0-6 as starter, from 1990 to 1991.

From 1992-1994 he played well as a starter and backup for the Phoenix Cardinals and the Los Angeles Rams. He would earn the starting job for the Houston Oilers from 1995 to 1996. When Jeff Fisher decided Steve McNair was ready to start, Chandler would leave for Atlanta.

His best seasons were with the Atlanta Falcons. He ranks third in passing yards in Falcon franchise history with 13,268. His success came in spite of the fact he was coached by Dan Reeves, a man many blamed for restraining John Elway in Denver. Chandler was a Pro Bowl quarterback in 1997 and 1998.

The upstart Falcons went to their first, (and only), Super Bowl in the 1998 season. They lost to none other than John Elway and the Denver Broncos. The Falcons have never had back-to-back winning seasons in franchise history, a trend Chandler couldn't overcome. After two losing seasons, Chandler was 28-25 as Falcons starter, and Reeves traded Tim Dwight and the second overall draft pick to the San Diego Chargers, to acquire the first overall pick. He selected Michael Vick. Chandler would start most of the 2001 season, but would be replaced by Vick.

Afterwards he was picked up by the Chicago Bears, spending two seasons there, before going to the St. Louis Rams. His poor play with the Rams led to coach Mike Martz throwing him under the bus, saying that Chandler "held his team hostage." Chandler had thrown six interceptions in his first start as a Ram. Chandler was the first Ram to be released in the off-season, saving St, Louis $665,000 in cap space.

Chandler has thrown for 28,480 yards and has a career passer rating of 79.3. He is ranked 30th in all-time pass completions. He has been constantly plagued with injuries damaging his statistics, and earning him the unflattering moniker of "Crystal Chandalier" amongst his detractors. Chris has played for 8 different franchises and started at least one game for 7 of the teams.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Chandler"

Here is the standard bio on Chris. You may notice the number of times he was released because of a lack of performance, similiar to the way you view Vick. Maybe, just maybe, when Vick has had the number of years that Chris had, he may get lucky, like Chris did and get with a team that goes to the superbowl. Until then, you are taking the best years from a 17 year career of Chris and saying "look how good this guy was, much better than Vick", and it seems a little like Kurt Warner. A few good seasons and he should be back baggin' groceries for my Grandmother at the Piggly Wiggly.

Chris Chandler has been playing in the NFL for 17 years as of the 2004-2005 football season. He has been with a record 8 teams in the NFL. He was drafted in the third round of the draft by the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts deemed Chandler expendable due to his poor play, and the fact that they selected Jeff George with the first overall draft choice. Chandler's worst years were in Tampa Bay, where he was 0-6 as starter, from 1990 to 1991.

From 1992-1994 he played well as a starter and backup for the Phoenix Cardinals and the Los Angeles Rams. He would earn the starting job for the Houston Oilers from 1995 to 1996. When Jeff Fisher decided Steve McNair was ready to start, Chandler would leave for Atlanta.

His best seasons were with the Atlanta Falcons. He ranks third in passing yards in Falcon franchise history with 13,268. His success came in spite of the fact he was coached by Dan Reeves, a man many blamed for restraining John Elway in Denver. Chandler was a Pro Bowl quarterback in 1997 and 1998.

The upstart Falcons went to their first, (and only), Super Bowl in the 1998 season. They lost to none other than John Elway and the Denver Broncos. The Falcons have never had back-to-back winning seasons in franchise history, a trend Chandler couldn't overcome. After two losing seasons, Chandler was 28-25 as Falcons starter, and Reeves traded Tim Dwight and the second overall draft pick to the San Diego Chargers, to acquire the first overall pick. He selected Michael Vick. Chandler would start most of the 2001 season, but would be replaced by Vick.

Afterwards he was picked up by the Chicago Bears, spending two seasons there, before going to the St. Louis Rams. His poor play with the Rams led to coach Mike Martz throwing him under the bus, saying that Chandler "held his team hostage." Chandler had thrown six interceptions in his first start as a Ram. Chandler was the first Ram to be released in the off-season, saving St, Louis $665,000 in cap space.

Chandler has thrown for 28,480 yards and has a career passer rating of 79.3. He is ranked 30th in all-time pass completions. He has been constantly plagued with injuries damaging his statistics, and earning him the unflattering moniker of "Crystal Chandalier" amongst his detractors. Chris has played for 8 different franchises and started at least one game for 7 of the teams.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Chandler"

You dont have to put words in my mouth, I can speak for myself and I have never said he was better than Vick(show me where I said that), I said that if I could have Chris in his 97-98 form I would take him over Vick, and who wouldnt?

BTW I seen where someone stated that Vick had less than Pro-Bowl WR's and what did Chandler have? Shawn Jefferson and Terrence Mathis! WOW, how did Chandler not struggle throwing the ball to his Less than Pro Bowl WR's? The Falcons even brought Vick a Pro Bowl WR and Vick couldnt get him the ball!

Once again, Vick may eventually turn into a decent NFL QB, but he just isnt at the top of the class where everyone puts him!!!