Rumors afloat in BGA

cowboys

Truth bother you does it? :thumb:

What I care about is kids futures. Inflated egos tend to make me mad. Especially when they don't care to tell their kids they are coaching things they NEED to know. Like having to register for the NCAA clearing house to qualify for scholarships.

I will match the cumlative GPA of BGA's football team against R'dales football team anyday! Unfortunately I will bet $5000.00 that BGA's is HIGHER. I say unfortunately because it is a safe bet for me.

Now as to supporting Oakland, YES I support them against any team other than R'dale. Same goes for ANY Region 4 team against any other team out of Region 4.

Now exactly WHICH team do YOU support? Too shy to post it where anyone can see it? And YES I have the $5,000.00 to bet in CASH!

Your turn. :thumb:

LOD, congrats to Ross for making the all-area team.

I don't think we need to battle among ourselves on here....we have plenty of attacks on our team/coaches/fans from the outside.

Does the Clone play any other sports?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth bother you does it? :thumb:

What I care about is kids futures. Inflated egos tend to make me mad. Especially when they don't care to tell their kids they are coaching things they NEED to know. Like having to register for the NCAA clearing house to qualify for scholarships.

I will match the cumlative GPA of BGA's football team against R'dales football team anyday! Unfortunately I will bet $5000.00 that BGA's is HIGHER. I say unfortunately because it is a safe bet for me.

Now as to supporting Oakland, YES I support them against any team other than R'dale. Same goes for ANY Region 4 team against any other team out of Region 4.

Now exactly WHICH team do YOU support? Too shy to post it where anyone can see it? And YES I have the $5,000.00 to bet in CASH!

Your turn. :thumb:

I don't think anyone told me about the clearing house from our school. That's YOUR responsibilty to find that out...not the coaching staff's.

I really don't think I would be attacking beethoven if I were you. He has a pretty good perspective on high school football.

I don't think anyone told me about the clearing house from our school. That's YOUR responsibilty to find that out...not the coaching staff's.

I really don't think I would be attacking beethoven if I were you. He has a pretty good perspective on high school football.

I wouldn't argue that the ultimate responsibility is that of the player....having said that...the only two programs that I'm very close to...Ravenwood and Oak Ridge....do take on that challange. I think any good program does see this activity as part of the coaches committment to his players. Any good coach will work thru their ADs office to make sure his kids are ready for the next level...not only their play...but all other facits of their athletic careers...which would include actually getting to the next level....

After all....it's to the schools best interest to get as many kids ready for the next level as possible.....and by school...I mean the ADs office and the coaching staff.

I wouldn't argue that the ultimate responsibility is that of the player....having said that...the only two programs that I'm very close to...Ravenwood and Oak Ridge....do take on that challange. I think any good program does see this activity as part of the coaches committment to his players. Any good coach will work thru their ADs office to make sure his kids are ready for the next level...not only their play...but all other facits of their athletic careers...which would include actually getting to the next level....

After all....it's to the schools best interest to get as many kids ready for the next level as possible.....and by school...I mean the ADs office and the coaching staff.

I think that is exactly the point that LOD is "attempting" to make. To have a team consistently at the BCB, with many Mr Football winners and finalists, that basically never reaps any college players? That sadly tells the tale about the coaches and AD ( who is Rankin coincidentally) lack of involvement or committment to their player's futures .

Is the rumor true that Crawford turned down the FC job at the final hour to "toy" with the BGA job? Is the pay really comparable to his Brentwood Head pay with perks?

Horsefeathers!

Colleges recruit and sign the best players. Some colleges have actually paid to get the best players. Why would they not pursue the best players at Riverdale or any school?

Compare the college signings between Riverdale and Maryville. I bet Riverdale wins that one.

I think that is exactly the point that LOD is "attempting" to make. To have a team consistently at the BCB, with many Mr Football winners and finalists, that basically never reaps any college players? That sadly tells the tale about the coaches and AD ( who is Rankin coincidentally) lack of involvement or committment to their player's futures .

Horsefeathers!

Colleges recruit and sign the best players. Some colleges have actually paid to get the best players. Why would they not pursue the best players at Riverdale or any school?

Compare the college signings between Riverdale and Maryville. I bet Riverdale wins that one.

Riverdale signed one player from their 2004 state champ team last year. Their Mr football was academically ineligible to accept his scholarship. Gaston got his verbal committment because of his excellent academics and his combine numbers. I think he will be the only player to sign and play from Riverdale in 2 years.

Throw the comparison numbers on here Stan. I know there was an ex-Smyrna player that moved to Maryville that signed last year. I really don't think you can count Thomas from Riverdale as a signee because he is a grey-shirt. So Maryville wins 2004 with just that one person.

Edited by Fball

Hey , how about we GET this thread back on topic?

In case you forgot............It is about the candidates for the job at BGA.

Whoever it was that said in an earlier post that 3 are from Williamson Cty, could you clue us in?

Or....could anyone tell us if interviews are finishing up or just getting started?

Any time-frame on naming a coach?

Edited by 2priceless

Guest catfish-hunter

Hey , how about we GET this thread back on topic?

In case you forgot............It is about the candidates for the job at BGA.

Whoever it was that said in an earlier post that 3 are from Williamson Cty, could you clue us in?

Or....could anyone tell us if interviews are finishing up or just getting started?

Any time-frame on naming a coach?

THANK YOU!!!

Come on cowboys. Is it going to be Jack Daniels taking the job or will Tim Johnson turn his back on Giles Co. and become the next head football coach at Battle Ground Academy?????

...OR will Smitty jump ship from Independence...???? Green Lantern...er...I mean Smitty knows.

Before someone gives me the old "you don't know deal"....I live by the admissions person at BGA so this info is current.

Smitty's only drawback is that he can't sit still in one place and BGA likes to have people around for a long time.

:thumb:

Horsefeathers!

:thumb:

Sorry to get it off topic, but I hate see a coach bashed...especially when its obvious the basher hasn't walked up to the Bashee with his/her concerns.

LOD: I support the Smith Co. Owls and the school I coach at., but as we all know, that changes with jobs as they come and go.

Edited by beethoven

• 2 weeks later...