Union City '06,what happens when the seniors leave?

johnnyutah7

Well i think u covered everything with that post. I played for South Fulton this past season and i just wanted to say good luck to yall this season, even with the spanken yall put on us. I know there was alot of controversey in SF about yall coming down to 1A as with all the teams in 7A, but u gonna play the cards ur delt and there's nothing u can do about it so shut up and play. And im pretty he was talk about UC and Central, remember its a rival game and there is always gonna be trash talk at alll times, before, during, and after that game is played, just like with us and Fulton, but ours isnt much of a grudge anymore with and unfortunate death of a played who was friends with both. Anyway good luck UC and hope for the best for yall.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, instead of just looking at the overall record of your high school years lets look at the THE OVERALL RECORD PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which belongs to Union City.. O and By the way.... I was talking to some people the other day and maybe you can help me out here. Union City enrollment 391.... Central enrollment is over double that. AND YOU MEAN TO TELL ME WITH ALL THOSE KIDS YOU CAN"T GET A BETTER TEAM THAN THAT. THAT YOUR TEAM IS SO BAD THAT YOU HAVE TO BE HAPPY OVER A WIN OVER A 1 A SCHOOL. HAHAHAHAHAAHA.... THATS LIKE A 40 YEAR OLD MAN BEING HAPPY AND PROUD AND ARROGANT THAT HE BEAT A 15 YEAR OLD KID UP HAHAHAAHAHA. IM SURE IN A SCHOOL THAT SIZE YOU CAN FIND MORE KIDS THAT CAN PLAY! I MEAN THEY ARE RAISED FROM KIDS TO BE GREAT ATHLETES RIGHT! I MEAN WHO NEEDS WEIGHT LIFTING WHEN YOUR DAILY ROUTINE INCLUDES.... CHASING CHICKENS.... GRABBING AND SQUEZZING THE UTTERS OF A COW..... CARRYING BARRELS OF HAY... CUTTING DOWN LOGS BECUASE YOU CAN"T FIGURE OUT CENTRAL HEATING AND AIR OUT.... and my favorite from last year SWIMMING OUT OF YOUR CLASSROOMS BECUASE ThEY ARE SO FLOODED!! I MEAN SERIOUSLY YALL...... INSTEAD OF WORRYING ABOUT LIL O UC.... and being proud to be able to beat a school less than half ur size..... DON"T THINK THEY YALL NEED TO WORrY ABOUT WESTVIEW AND HUNTINGTON AND MILAN.... BUT YET I ForGET WHY SHOULD YOU WORRY ABOUT THEM BECUASE THEY DON"T WORRY ABOUT YOU DOING ANTHING IN THE SEASON OR POST SEASON!

You know you are showing your ignorance too....rebel_deoff55 made that statement when he was still in school at OC..He has since graduated and is now playing college ball....I played at and graduated from UC and this post embarasses me as a UCHS graduate....The farm boy-city boy thing is soooo old...You know there are many Union City kids that go to Obion Central,many that have not even been on a farm before...You also bring up a point that I have been trying to make to some people...The Union City-Obion Co. Central game is LOSE-LOSE situation for OCCHS...I know the ONLY reason the game is still played is the HUGE gate,but OC doesn't have any business playing UC now that UC has dropped to 1A status....The overall record will even out now that that has happened,if they continue to play...When OC beats UC everyone from UC will say,"well they should beat us,they are so much bigger a school than we are"...UC has that built in excuse now...IF UC beats OC it is a major upset because a 1A beat a 3A....OC loses even when they win....So,why play??As far as OC having a winning season...My friend,OC plays in a much stronger region than UC will ever think about playing in....UC lost to EVERY team from 2A and 3A last year....Huntingdon is right on the verge of going 1A...Do you think they will ever go to 1A???...Please...They have so much tradition at that school,the alumni wouldn't let them drop...I thought UC had that tradition to..I would have never thought they would have dropped down...I can almost assure you that if Randy Barnes was still at UC they would have never dropped down...And they would have never dropped to the depths Fishell took them too...The only way UC could survive was to drop...I absolutely HATE to admit that as an alumni,but it's true...What really does the condition of a school about to be torn down have anything to do with football anyway??....I support Union City athletics...I will ALWAYS be a TORNADO at heart....I for one hope the Tornadoes go all the way and win every game but the UC-OC game..Part of what is so wrong with our county is point of views like yours...Do we really need to be bashing one another???..Why not support each other??..It doesn't do anybody any good to mouth off like you did in your post....It also shows your immaturity...I hope when you are 40 you will have a different point of view.....

You know you are showing your ignorance too....rebel_deoff55 made that statement when he was still in school at OC..He has since graduated and is now playing college ball....I played at and graduated from UC and this post embarasses me as a UCHS graduate....The farm boy-city boy thing is soooo old...You know there are many Union City kids that go to Obion Central,many that have not even been on a farm before...You also bring up a point that I have been trying to make to some people...The Union City-Obion Co. Central game is LOSE-LOSE situation for OCCHS...I know the ONLY reason the game is still played is the HUGE gate,but OC doesn't have any business playing UC now that UC has dropped to 1A status....The overall record will even out now that that has happened,if they continue to play...When OC beats UC everyone from UC will say,"well they should beat us,they are so much bigger a school than we are"...UC has that built in excuse now...IF UC beats OC it is a major upset because a 1A beat a 3A....OC loses even when they win....So,why play??As far as OC having a winning season...My friend,OC plays in a much stronger region than UC will ever think about playing in....UC lost to EVERY team from 2A and 3A last year....Huntingdon is right on the verge of going 1A...Do you think they will ever go to 1A???...Please...They have so much tradition at that school,the alumni wouldn't let them drop...I thought UC had that tradition to..I would have never thought they would have dropped down...I can almost assure you that if Randy Barnes was still at UC they would have never dropped down...And they would have never dropped to the depths Fishell took them too...The only way UC could survive was to drop...I absolutely HATE to admit that as an alumni,but it's true...What really does the condition of a school about to be torn down have anything to do with football anyway??....I support Union City athletics...I will ALWAYS be a TORNADO at heart....I for one hope the Tornadoes go all the way and win every game but the UC-OC game..Part of what is so wrong with our county is point of views like yours...Do we really need to be bashing one another???..Why not support each other??..It doesn't do anybody any good to mouth off like you did in your post....It also shows your immaturity...I hope when you are 40 you will have a different point of view.....

very good post back

Well, instead of just looking at the overall record of your high school years lets look at the THE OVERALL RECORD PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which belongs to Union City.. O and By the way.... I was talking to some people the other day and maybe you can help me out here. Union City enrollment 391.... Central enrollment is over double that. AND YOU MEAN TO TELL ME WITH ALL THOSE KIDS YOU CAN"T GET A BETTER TEAM THAN THAT. THAT YOUR TEAM IS SO BAD THAT YOU HAVE TO BE HAPPY OVER A WIN OVER A 1 A SCHOOL. HAHAHAHAHAAHA.... THATS LIKE A 40 YEAR OLD MAN BEING HAPPY AND PROUD AND ARROGANT THAT HE BEAT A 15 YEAR OLD KID UP HAHAHAAHAHA. IM SURE IN A SCHOOL THAT SIZE YOU CAN FIND MORE KIDS THAT CAN PLAY! I MEAN THEY ARE RAISED FROM KIDS TO BE GREAT ATHLETES RIGHT! I MEAN WHO NEEDS WEIGHT LIFTING WHEN YOUR DAILY ROUTINE INCLUDES.... CHASING CHICKENS.... GRABBING AND SQUEZZING THE UTTERS OF A COW..... CARRYING BARRELS OF HAY... CUTTING DOWN LOGS BECUASE YOU CAN"T FIGURE OUT CENTRAL HEATING AND AIR OUT.... and my favorite from last year SWIMMING OUT OF YOUR CLASSROOMS BECUASE ThEY ARE SO FLOODED!! I MEAN SERIOUSLY YALL...... INSTEAD OF WORRYING ABOUT LIL O UC.... and being proud to be able to beat a school less than half ur size..... DON"T THINK THEY YALL NEED TO WORrY ABOUT WESTVIEW AND HUNTINGTON AND MILAN.... BUT YET I ForGET WHY SHOULD YOU WORRY ABOUT THEM BECUASE THEY DON"T WORRY ABOUT YOU DOING ANTHING IN THE SEASON OR POST SEASON!

Why should we worry about Milan,Westview,or Huntingdon? They're not even in our region or classification. Besides playing Huntingdon this Friday at Rebel Field in a scrimmage, we don't play any of them during the regular season.

Why should we worry about Milan,Westview,or Huntingdon? They're not even in our region or classification. Besides playing Huntingdon this Friday at Rebel Field in a scrimmage, we don't play any of them during the regular season.

i was about to say the SAME EXACT thing lol..completely separate classifications and regions...maybe union city should worry bout themselves rather than central especially when u dont even know the regions :D better yet the classifications :D:D

i was about to say the SAME EXACT thing lol..completely separate classifications and regions...maybe union city should worry bout themselves rather than central especially when u dont even know the regions :) better yet the classifications :):D

I must say I'm SRY for the post that I made. I was completely wrong for doing so and I'm man enough to admit it. For my real opinion on how UC will do this year is that they will do great. Losing the seniors is hard but I believe they can overcome it. Whether you like him or not or agree with this statement i don't care but I believe we will see a new Jim Fishel with this season. He's tasted victory now and I believe he has what it takes to take this team to the Boro' again. The kids really want it and Im proud for everyone of them. This team may be young but I believe they will have what it takes to over come the giant struggles that lies in front of each and everyone of them. Like I said earlier, my post was in ignorance... and out of frustration... My true opinion on Central is I hope they win state. How awesome would it be to have the 1A and 3A championships in the same county. But Ill end with this.... GO UC!! GO AND MAKE US ALL PROUD, WE SUPPORT YA 110%

I know this may seem hard to believe, but the OC vs. UC game is not any more special to the UC players than any other game. The whole "rivalry" is with the community. The players don't say "if we lose, our season was a failure"...it is just a chance to play a club that can hold their own on the field...as a part of the UC team...that is the truth.

Yea u do have a point and if u were pointing back to the comment i said and i might have made it out to be too much. Sorry. I meant by it being a rival was that the game has been played back to so many years. I know the team doesnt look into the season at being OC the only game they need to win. And like u said more tension on the game is displayed by the community. And i was replieing back to the statement that one person said earlier. Anyway good luck UC,OC, and off course my boys South Fulton, cause they will definitely need it this year.

I know this may seem hard to believe, but the OC vs. UC game is not any more special to the UC players than any other game. The whole "rivalry" is with the community. The players don't say "if we lose, our season was a failure"...it is just a chance to play a club that can hold their own on the field...as a part of the UC team...that is the truth.

The UC-OC game was SPECIAL when I played...And it DID mean alot....I guess thats why we didn't lose to Central....I would imagine that attitude is why you guys haven't beaten Central in four years also... :)

The UC-OC game was SPECIAL when I played...And it DID mean alot....I guess thats why we didn't lose to Central....I would imagine that attitude is why you guys haven't beaten Central in four years also... :thumb:

As a member of the team, i would like to say that the oc game means a whole lot to me, but if we dont beat oc it doesnt come as a shock anymore and it really isnt the rivalry that it used to be but it is still our #1 game in the season that we would win if we couldnt win another one

As a member of the team, i would like to say that the oc game means a whole lot to me, but if we dont beat oc it doesnt come as a shock anymore and it really isnt the rivalry that it used to be but it is still our #1 game in the season that we would win if we couldnt win another one

I disagree.....When Union City was beating OC all the time,I think it stopped being a rivalry(I mean to have a rivalry,both teams need to win some)...But,now that OC has turned the tables so to speak,it is more of a rivalry.....I know it means a great deal to the players at OC.....Even though it means NOTHING as far as the playoffs go...

Good Luck to the Tornadoes in your scrimmage on Friday....

I would like to chime in on the UC/OC game. I live in McKenzie and some games are just meant to be played for various reasons but probably the most important is the TRADITION they mean. I mean we play Hutingdon every year. And yes, we usually lose. But our kids, community and county expect that game b/c it is a long standing tradition. And of course, the administration knows the $$$$$ that gate alone brings in is something they can't turn away year in and year out.

So when you talk about tradition, you have to include the long standing rivalry games that are just a part of high school football.

What if TN/Alabama did not play the 3rd Saturday in October every year? I would be highly disappointed b/c that is just meant to be (win or lose). It is a tradition in both our states.

So if any of you are still players playing, cherish this tradition you are a part of and also honor it. Don't get on here and talk trash. Be class people on and off the field.

Edited by volsandtitans1