Region 6-5A

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

columbia and dickson county will fight for the last 2 play off spots not independnce or centennial

I would feel more confident in your prediction if you hadm at some point, BEATEN those schools. And you'll have to overcome a twenty-something point differential next year to beat Dickson County.

This is the math:

To come in fourth in Region 6, you will have to beat Northeast, Centennial, Dickson County, and Independence. Lose to any one of them and you'll have to beat either Franklin, Ravenwood, or Brentwood.

Think you can pull that off?

This is the math:

To come in fourth in Region 6, you will have to beat Northeast, Centennial, Dickson County, and Independence. Lose to any one of them and you'll have to beat either Franklin, Ravenwood, or Brentwood.

You r missing columbia central, That is the reason DC got the 4th playoff spot this year with a 4-6 record

the question is can independence do it????? columbia and dickson co. will fight for the palyoff spot and i dont see ind. beating either one of them not even columbia again. which was an upset trust me.

Ravenwood went from 3-7 to 7-3 in the regular season the year after they had a full classed team so i wouldnt be surprised to see Independence go 5-5 or 6-4, but i dont know how good the other teams besides the top 3 in region 6 next year (3 rhs, 2 bhs, 1 fhs). your guess is as good as mine

Please continue to count out my Centennial Cougars. I'll make sure to let them know that everyone has ALREADY counted them out. :thumb:

What has Centennial done to deserve predictions of making the playoffs? In 2004 they were supposed to be in the top 1 or 2 & didnt even make the playoffs. That is why people continue to disscount the Cougars. So if you choose to go tell your boys then so be it, I dont think anyone will be scared. Good luck to your Cougars though.

So Columbia Central, you are counting victories against Northeast, Indy, Centennial, and Dickson County in '06?

Even though in '05 you beat only one of those teams -Northeast?

For the sake of this argument, I'll give you the "toss-up" of beating Indy.

Think you can take Centennial, or a Dickson County team who beat you by more than 20 last season?

The major problems I've seen with Columbia (historically) is one dimensional offense, weak defense, poor conditioning and strength, and worse discipline. While you've had athletes and speed, you rarely put it all together.

Add the fact that you are playing in a region that is as tough as they come and that the teams you have to beat for the playoffs are all seasoned squads.

The biggest disparity between you and the top teams?

They are dramatically better coached and better schemed.

As I see it you've got a very difficult road to travel just to make the playoffs