Region 6-5A

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colimbia and Spring Hill have athletes.

In Spring Hill's case, it's coaching consistency and quality. Losing breeds losing.

In Columbia's case, they moved up to 5A and the things that they got by with in 4A, don't cut it in Region 6.

More specifically, they play with little scheme or discipline. On defense, you look at them and they have no idea what they're trying to do. On offense, they have no idea what they are trying to do. Special teams (with the exception of having athletes to return the ball) are nothing special.

Not particularly strong, not particularly in good shape. Not mentally tough at all.

Bottom line:

Until their coaching staff mentally steps it up on all levels, the team will never get there.

• 2 months later...
ithey have allready been in the weight room for 2 months on a new weight program.[

Whoh, that's gotta be cheating! Lifting WEIGHTS???.

I can't believe you let your secret out dude- heck, now EVERYBODY will go out and buy a set of barbells at Sears in a vain attempt to catch up.

WEIGHTLIFTING. . . for two months!!

How in the world will anyone in Region 6 be competitive now? :P

Also heard a rumor you guys watch films on other teams during the season. Could this be true?

Wait until Ronnie Carter gets my e-mail!!

brentwood is going to do nothing in the region next year. franklin will definitly take the # 1 spot and i know that for a fact. ithey have allready been in the weight room for 2 months on a new weight program. they are going to be bigger and faster than ever. anthony steele is now eligible(he transfered from centennial) that kid is amazing. he's 5 ft 11 and squats 480. that is craze. franktown state champs in 2006

centennial is going to do nothing next year. they will just have a running back but no defense

You're an idiot. You'll find out quickly that your coaches, players and Alum will eat you alive for making such arrogant statements. I'll let any of the franklin people on here tell you off. You're too stupid to understand a comment from an outsider.

Whoh, that's gotta be cheating! Lifting WEIGHTS???.

I can't believe you let your secret out dude- heck, now EVERYBODY will go out and buy a set of barbells at Sears in a vain attempt to catch up.

WEIGHTLIFTING. . . for two months!!

How in the world will anyone in Region 6 be competitive now? :P

Also heard a rumor you guys watch films on other teams during the season. Could this be true?

Wait until Ronnie Carter gets my e-mail!!

That is so funny. What an idiot. He is probably not even a good player.

You're an idiot. You'll find out quickly that your coaches, players and Alum will eat you alive for making such arrogant statements. I'll let any of the franklin people on here tell you off. You're too stupid to understand a comment from an outsider.

I agree. What was this kid thinking?

Now this is an interesting Region 6-5A discussion...I would like to chime in now!

C Central...it is admirable that you support and have more faith in your team than most of the team itself. CC has a long ways to go, and yes, i would agree with others in this forum that coaching may be the holdup at CC. Nice athleticism..but no discipline and no fundamentals anywhere to be found. Scheme is WACKO as well...hand the ball off on occasion. By the way, INDY could have and should have beat you guys by more than they did! Indy NOT make the playoffs..my friend..they have a much better shot at it than you!

franktownsoccer..you are a nut! You might better stick to soccer forums. Definately #1...mighty strong words there my friend. This Franklin team and this Franklin staff will not have the same "Franklin Swagger" to them. Prove you are #1 this fall..not in some forum.

Ambiguous..Keep rooting for CHS..time will tell for you guys. In all due respect, do not see you guys in the playoffs this year.

I believe Brentwood will be solid yet again.

Question mark to me at this point is Dickson Co!! What can you guys tell me about DICKCON CO??

As for Ravenwood..anxious to see this post championship team. Loss of key players and OC will show this fall I believe.

I do see Franklin and Brentwood in the playoffs again, but after that, I can see a Ravenwood, Dickson and Indy buying for the 3-4 spots.

Time will soon tell!

Oh please disregard anything this young franklin fan, and i wont say athlete because no athlete at franklin needs to get on here and talk about themselves... he has no clue what he is talking about and i am willing to guess that this is the same young man who falls under the name franktown8 as the same comments were made a few days ago... Franktownsoccer you have no business posting on here as it only brings negative energy towards franklin and you have no clue what u are talking about... franklin will be a decent squad this year IF and only IF they find leadership from the seniors as many things have changed that are not benefiting the team...

Oh please disregard anything this young franklin fan, and i wont say athlete because no athlete at franklin needs to get on here and talk about themselves... he has no clue what he is talking about and i am willing to guess that this is the same young man who falls under the name franktown8 as the same comments were made a few days ago... Franktownsoccer you have no business posting on here as it only brings negative energy towards franklin and you have no clue what u are talking about... franklin will be a decent squad this year IF and only IF they find leadership from the seniors as many things have changed that are not benefiting the team...

I am a football coach and I get on here and read about gossip and crap from time to time. I also like to put my 2cents worth every once in awhile. I coach in Middle Tennesse but I like to read about all of Tennessee. What do you mean by "changes that are not benefiting the team"? I guess it is none of my business, but I always question people when they make bold statements. I even question ole catfish when he gets on to coaches at other schools. So, what do you mean?

To be completely honest i dont agree with some of the decisions made by the new coaching staff last year at Franklin... a few of the athletes on the team have spoken out several times about how they do not agree with his beliefs as well... For a coach to not have an organized stretch before practices and games is rediculous(just one thing) there were one or two games last year franklin could have and should have one but because of a lack of practice time(Father Ryan week) and a lack of watching film contributes to the factor of losing a game... I am not blaming the coaches for the loss because i truly believe that it was up to the seniors to step up and prove their leadership by getting the team together and better prepare themselves