Best Wrestler in the State?

In Hoc Signo Vinces

coffey is not a great wrestler and shouldn't even be considered as the best wrestle in tn............sure he is a state champ but all he does is muscle the guys he wrestles.

I guess quickness and agility don't count. C'mon dude, open your eyes and give the kid some props. He is not the technition of say, Bundy, but he uses his quickness, agility, as well as his strengh to win matches. He has a great stand up, great takedown and the power to turn opponents to their backs. He is not going to throw legs in on a guy, that would be stupid. Why change what wins for him? He is only a Jr. and he will only get better. I would not count him short at nationals. He may not win nationals, but don't doubt him. Beat him, then talk it.

coffey is not a great wrestler and shouldn't even be considered as the best wrestle in tn............sure he is a state champ but all he does is muscle the guys he wrestles.

coffey may not have much technique but he hasnt murdered everyone i have seen him wrestle so he should be on the list, the topic is who is the best wrestler in the state not who has the best technique

How do you think Hussein will do this year now that hes not losing half his body weight? He's strong, very athletic but lacks tech., any opinons?

I disagree that he lacks technique. He's good on his feet and has a throw by second to none. He has gained as much mat experience as one can in the short time he has been wrestling. An example is his wrestling in the junior nationals last year. He has a room full of good drill partners and works hard. Jed is tough to beat and getting better every day.

kelly felix and will young would have to be in a close 2nd and 3rd if manson is the best wrestler in the state, kelly handled last zach goss a defending state champ and will only lost to manson like 3-1

Kelly handled a very tough Zach Goss 14-4 in Ryan's finals two weeks ago and 16-5 in Brentwood's this past weekend. Kelly was putting forth about 50-75% it appeared. His approach was not to distroy or humiliate Zach, but to practice for anohter match to come. As a matter of fact, he looked more composed and confident than Kyle James did against Kelly in the finals his freshman year (2004).

What was the score of the Manson-Fuller match earlier this season? Was it a close low scoring match?

I've felt Manson was the best in Tennessee last fall, but I'm beginning to wonder if Manson and Felix may be about even in overall ability. Felix may be the strongest physically- pound-for-pound, with Coffey & Bundy a close second or third. Holliman is up there obviously and after watching McCrosky of SD a few times, he and Adamson could be the most deceptive in the state strength-wise + talent to boot.

Looking at a few scores, McCrosky wrestled a close match at Ryan to Joe Young, 6-4 I think. Manson beat Young in the state finals 7-4 last year. Bundy nearly Teched Young 12-0 at the Ryan Finals and has yet to be taken down and given up only one reversal from what I understand. I can't wait untill Senior Nationals, Manson may drop to 130 and we might get to see the match.

Edited by Dedicated_Wrestler

Manson beat Young in the state finals 7-4 last year. Bundy nearly Teched Young 12-0 at the Ryan Finals and has yet to be taken down and given up only one reversal from what I understand.

Some good points about Bundy. He is steamrolling everyone and with this year's intensity he could bump up and surprise Manson right now.