Best Wrestler in the State?

In Hoc Signo Vinces

The national rankings are always good to make, but I've read names of ranked wrestlers Bundy has beat. Rankings are just estimations, Untill Sr. Nationals noone really knows. I have looked through the brackets and Bundy placed above W.I.N Magazines #16. (Sr.) Will Livingston, and lost in overtime to #20. (Sr) Adam Koballa. I can not wait untill Sr. Nationals.

i do agree that you dint neccarily have to do some nation tourneys but it only makes you better. im sorry to burst your bubble but coffey is terrible, he is an athele and that is it. nothing else. did and anyone see him at state last year? that was probably the worst finals match i have ever seen. his shot consisted of bending down at the waist and grabbing a single leg while the other kid lost his balance and fell down. no technique at all.he wouldnt be in my top 25. i think that father ryan had a great 215 that got second at mcallie but couldnt finish the year due to injury. and brandon wright tear apart creagan. and as for little simpson and with all his brothers out of the way coach simpson can work on him more than he was able to with the other brothers.

Okay Mr. Not too Good in Grammar, if Coffey is an athlete and nothing more, how come he has placed in the state tournaments in the past two years? It appears that this untalented wrestler may very well win the state once again; unless someone can step on the mat and prove they are a better wrestler. Furthermore, this is wrestling not ballet. You are taught to keep your balance and be prepared to do so during a match if this scenario occurs. Part of a wrestler's strategy is to get the opponent in a position which sets him up to be vulnerable and therefore taken down(can you understand what I am saying). Here's a thought, maybe the wrestler Coffey beat missed practice the day balance was being exercised because he was too busy correcting your post. If Coffey is winning by muscle and strength alone, what does that say about the "true wrestlers" he has beaten? Come on, give this guy his props too!

Edited by halfnelson

You really almost want to break the weights into 2 categories. 103 - 152 & then 160 - heavy. There is no way to compare a 112 or 130 pounder who is running tilts and funk to a heavy who is running powerhalfs and powerdoubles as a rule.

Just my thoughts. As an example - I could not realistically compare D Johnson to Reveiz.

coffe doesnt wrestle like a true wrestler. he just goes out there ans tries to out muscle everybody. hehas noo tech. at all. he might be an athletic person. but wrestling isnt his sport.

Hey, quick question, Are you and Wrestler the same person? Maybe you all are in the same grammar class. Coffey may not be the epitome of the true wrestler, but he is a wrestler. He is still learning and improving. It seems when certain wrestlers have more strength than others, they are labelled an athlete. True, Coffey lacks some tech skills, but give him some credit for what he does bring to the mat. His lack of tech. skills:(1) is a reflection on his coach and coaching ability, and (2) has managed to win him a state title (he placed 4th his freshman year and placed 1st his sophmore year). I would enlighten you with more knowledge, but it seems I lack common sense. Here's an observation for you, maybe spelling is not for you. This is just my opinion. :rolleyes:

Edited by halfnelson

No argument here, Coffee is a great athlete and a fair wrestler. The refrence to the national competition is to show how he can fare on that level. I've seen guys his size on the national level, alot bigger than he is, but they all had great technique. Noone can say coffee is not a great wrestler, he has proven that, but a great wrestler in TN-D2, no where else.

To all the Coffey haters out there, shut your pie hole. Wrestling is a brutal sport and Coffey is indeed a brute. Unlike figure skating, rythmic gymnastics, beauty pagents, and diving, wrestling does not give style points. Wrestling is mean and tough i.e Courtney Coffey. Bundy and Manson are great at what they do and I love to watch them on the mat. They combine technique with power and wisdom and are the best of their class. That is not Coffey's game nor is it the game of most of the heavier weights. He is very strong, very quick, very athletic and very, very, hard to beat on the mat. He is by far the best at 215 , just ask Dempsey from Ryan who barely lost to Reviez, but got crushed in about a min. by Coffey tonight. Over the years, there have been many state champs that won on athletic ability. Does that mean they should turn in their medals? I don't think so. Coffey uses his God given ability and HIS TECHNIQUE, let me say that again, HIS TENIQUE, to win. Period--------By the way, wrestling may not be his sport, He is also an ALL STATE football player. Hmmm, lets see, State champ on the mat and all state on the field, what a wonderful problem to have as a Jr. :P

i believe a few years ago clarksville and greenville had two powerful and also very technically sound heavyweights in the state finals. a good example of a big guy with just strength that got beaten by both those guys was bolton's heavy, brugal, the guy was jacked up but when facing an opponent of similar strength and better technique he lost time and time again. strength is a HUGE part of wrestling but technique is also needed to balance the equation. one without the other is many times not very affective.

To all the Coffey haters out there, shut your pie hole. Wrestling is a brutal sport and Coffey is indeed a brute. Unlike figure skating, rythmic gymnastics, beauty pagents, and diving, wrestling does not give style points. Wrestling is mean and tough i.e Courtney Coffey. Bundy and Manson are great at what they do and I love to watch them on the mat. They combine technique with power and wisdom and are the best of their class. That is not Coffey's game nor is it the game of most of the heavier weights. He is very strong, very quick, very athletic and very, very, hard to beat on the mat. He is by far the best at 215 , just ask Dempsey from Ryan who barely lost to Reviez, but got crushed in about a min. by Coffey tonight. Over the years, there have been many state champs that won on athletic ability. Does that mean they should turn in their medals? I don't think so. Coffey uses his God given ability and HIS TECHNIQUE, let me say that again, HIS TENIQUE, to win. Period--------By the way, wrestling may not be his sport, He is also an ALL STATE football player. Hmmm, lets see, State champ on the mat and all state on the field, what a wonderful problem to have as a Jr. :thumb:

Finally, someone out there who can appreciate what Coffey brings to the mat. Coffey deserves his props as a wrestler. It's nice to know someone else is kicking knowledge to these haters. ;)