What can you tell me about Graig Cooper?

TheSwagger1

I've read about him on the recruiting sites, but I was hoping to get an opinion on him from someone who has seen him live. He committed to Miami and I'm interested in hearing if you guys think he's the real deal and can play there.

Thanks for any response.

To tell you the truth I had my doubts about Cooper in the beginning. However I saw him play in a scrimmage against MUS at the beginning of this past season and was just wowed, and MUS had one of the better defenses in the state this past year. He would run over the first tackler and then juke another and out run the secondary, great instincts and a good runner.

I've read about him on the recruiting sites, but I was hoping to get an opinion on him from someone who has seen him live. He committed to Miami and I'm interested in hearing if you guys think he's the real deal and can play there.

Thanks for any response.

I went to our (CBHS ) game against Melrose at Melrose. We stopped Graig Cooper because we stacked 8 men in the box, if I remember correctly. I will say this though, he's good don't get me wrong, but how good, I don't know.

Maryville faced a lot of good running backs this year. They faced David Gaston,Rommel Hightower,Dustin Lindsey,Chris Shiverdecker,Brad Walker,Darius Ewing and the young man from White County. All those young men are good backs. Lindsey is good enough to go to UT. But! I was more impressed with Graig Cooper than anyone.

Graig Cooper is tough. He runs hard every down. He can make you miss or run you over. Cooper has good speed but his main strength in my opinion is his vision and cut back ability. I would love to see him at UT.

Thanks for any response.

Swagger, I saw him play the best defense in the state in 4A and he gained 100 yards...pretty impressive. He's quick, elusive, not very big, but tough. Has good hands. Can catch and run both. Really good center of gravity

• 2 weeks later...

Swagger, I saw him play the best defense in the state in 4A and he gained 100 yards...pretty impressive. He's quick, elusive, not very big, but tough. Has good hands. Can catch and run both. Really good center of gravity

Not to mention, he made alot of plays by himself- his oline was less than stellar that game.. he also has great hands out of the backfield