Lebanon at Warren County

FOOTBALL_is_LIFE

Guest dare_2_dream

You are putting the cart way in front of the horse if you are even thinking about playing in Murfreesboro in March right now. We are only 5 games into the district season & there are at least 5 very competitive teams in this district. That means that at least one pretty good team from 7aaa is not even going to make it to the region tournament this year. And once you get to the region, there is a very solid Shelbyville team waiting over there.

I support & enjoy Lebanon basketball as much as anybody but this team needs to focus on taking care of the present and let the season play out. Three of Lebanon's four losses were games that Lebanon probably should have won but they let slip away. At the same time, they have held on to win some games that they could have just as easily lost. But that just goes to show how competitive Lebanon's schedule is and why they can't be thinking about the glass house right now.

Lebanon 68

Warren Co. 54

I agree. No team should be looking that far ahead, no matter who it is. I think this has been Siegels problem so far, looking way too far ahead and not worrying about the tasks at hand. Nice post.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are putting the cart way in front of the horse if you are even thinking about playing in Murfreesboro in March right now. We are only 5 games into the district season & there are at least 5 very competitive teams in this district. That means that at least one pretty good team from 7aaa is not even going to make it to the region tournament this year. And once you get to the region, there is a very solid Shelbyville team waiting over there.

I support & enjoy Lebanon basketball as much as anybody but this team needs to focus on taking care of the present and let the season play out. Three of Lebanon's four losses were games that Lebanon probably should have won but they let slip away. At the same time, they have held on to win some games that they could have just as easily lost. But that just goes to show how competitive Lebanon's schedule is and why they can't be thinking about the glass house right now.

Lebanon 68

Warren Co. 54

they do a good job but sometimes i see no rhymm or reason to the lebanon attack.......out of control at times. how does this system compare/contrast to that of the coach that was there?

they do a good job but sometimes i see no rhymm or reason to the lebanon attack.......out of control at times. how does this system compare/contrast to that of the coach that was there?

I think the biggest difference between Keil & Hutto that I've seen is much more of a 94 ft. team under Keil. The makeup of the team the last few years has been better suited to that style of game. The sets that are run in the half court are very similar, some are exactly the same. Seems like this team is more athletic than most of Hutto's teams. Defensively I think Hutto's teams were solid but I feel like Keil's teams are alot more agressive, which is probably a result of greater athleticism. Hutto's later teams were always so deep. They used to play two groups of five trying to wear teams down with that depth. Keil has a pretty deep bench but he uses subs more in spot situations rather than rotating 5 & 5 the way Hutto did.

If you feel like Lebanon plays out of control sometimes I can see where you would get that idea. But this team is most comfortable playing that way. Let's put it this way, I like their chances alot more playing that way than if they have to come down & set-up in the half court every possession.

I think the biggest difference between Keil & Hutto that I've seen is much more of a 94 ft. team under Keil. The makeup of the team the last few years has been better suited to that style of game. The sets that are run in the half court are very similar, some are exactly the same. Seems like this team is more athletic than most of Hutto's teams. Defensively I think Hutto's teams were solid but I feel like Keil's teams are alot more agressive, which is probably a result of greater athleticism. Hutto's later teams were always so deep. They used to play two groups of five trying to wear teams down with that depth. Keil has a pretty deep bench but he uses subs more in spot situations rather than rotating 5 & 5 the way Hutto did.

If you feel like Lebanon plays out of control sometimes I can see where you would get that idea. But this team is most comfortable playing that way. Let's put it this way, I like their chances alot more playing that way than if they have to come down & set-up in the half court every possession.

Maybe it was the same because the offense was Kiel's to begin with......he and Bond had a great deal of influence over that program......and Kiel learned the game from the legendary Ernie Simpson right here at Bowling Green HS.

i think the real Warren Co. team is showing up now after creaming cupcakes early on. They have the right coach just lack talent right now but that will build in years. This team can't win many games when Glenn and Majors aren't on and from all I've seen/heard, Majors doesn't seem to want to shoot as much.

I think that one of the problems that I have seen with WC is that ther is no vocal leader on the floor with all the seniors on the team you would think that one would step up and take control of the game but maybe they are just to timid.

If I have said it once I have said it a thousand times. Doug Keil teams after the christmas break play only about .500 basketball. Dont take my word on it look at his record. He and his teams come out of the gate very strong but really fade toward the end of the season every season. Teams get a feel of his press and pressure and since he practically no adjustments during games he tends to get beat in close games which most games are after the new year. Look at his previous 5 years of head coaching and you figure up wins and losses after the new year every year. Which I ask the question do teams like Keil's that like to pressure handle the pressure when the style they play doesnt work. His record indicates 50% of the time they do after New year is brought in. Facts are Facts!!

If I have said it once I have said it a thousand times. Doug Keil teams after the christmas break play only about .500 basketball. Dont take my word on it look at his record. He and his teams come out of the gate very strong but really fade toward the end of the season every season. Teams get a feel of his press and pressure and since he practically no adjustments during games he tends to get beat in close games which most games are after the new year. Look at his previous 5 years of head coaching and you figure up wins and losses after the new year every year. Which I ask the question do teams like Keil's that like to pressure handle the pressure when the style they play doesnt work. His record indicates 50% of the time they do after New year is brought in. Facts are Facts!!

maybe he needs to condition his players more for these seasons i mean the second half is where you need your energy the most maybe he should call the oll Football coach at Riverdale whats his name oh ya Rankin lol im pretty sure he knows a thing or two about conditioning players

Edited by Bigdust100

maybe he needs to condition his players more for these seasons i mean the second half is where you need your energy the most maybe he should call the oll Football coach at Riverdale whats his name oh ya Rankin lol im pretty sure he knows a thing or two about conditioning players

you live by the press and you die by it.......is it possible his teams lose their legs....he is a good coach but sometimes he needs to adjust and press in certain situations. do any other 7aaa teams press a great deal?

you live by the press and you die by it.......is it possible his teams lose their legs....he is a good coach but sometimes he needs to adjust and press in certain situations. do any other 7aaa teams press a great deal?

I dont know of another that will use the full court press hardly ever. Cookeville and Oakland use it with regularity, but I dont believe either teams is big on the full court press in this district besides Lebanon