Why no respect for Catholic?

Flyguy2100

even if you arent going to give catholic any respect, which they deserve after last nights win over webb, then at least give some to harrison smith. the man got a.)a full ride to tennessee for FOOTBALL and b.)he had one of the best funks i have ever seen a bball player pull last night. the man is a beast.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really see how someone can say that Catholic gets NO respect, They get alot of face time in the paper in football and basketball... but can see where the argument can be made. It comes with being a private school. Another reason why it appear as if there is no respect is that Catholic plays teams in Kentucky and in the past others teams just outside of Knoxville. So that means the average fan that doesn't go watch anyone beside their own school is not going to know much about Catholic basketball. Catholic wins... that's all there is to it... They dont have depth or an abundance of talent... but they win. The ignorant and arrogant fans such blueandwhitetribe opinions dont matter. And by the way there is a whole lot more to being a good basketball player besides being physically athletic and shooting well. Matt Parton is a winner and a competitor. He works hard on the court off the court and he knows his role. He is a true point guard (a distributer), but this year his team has needed him to score, and guess what? He's done it. bEau Brown is quite a talent, but he might be the most selfish player in the prep xtra area, he doesn't play much defense, has little basketball knowledge, it seems like he just wants his points because of how many shots he takes(many of them bad). You may not like the way Catholic plays, but they play like they have to to win... I HATE Catholic but they have my respect but I am kind of sick of people saying they dont have any. There are several more teams that have less respect than Catholic in the Knoxville area

This thread was started by a fan of one of our opponents who had heard that Catholic wasn't any good, not by a Catholic fan. He talked about being surprised at how well Catholic played. I agree about everybody harping about "a lack of respect". BUT it amazing to me to have watched the PrepXtra ranking come out for several years and to be either unranked or ranked behind teams you've beaten when you have a better record. I don't think we are necessarily one of the top 10 teams in the state but we aren't even listed for AP voting. We've been to the state for the past 2 years but few people in the Knoxville area seem to think we can play. The people we've played seem to appreciate the fact we can play as is shown by their comments. Coming out of the D-2 Private School division, we haven't played in a local district. Most of our opponents were in Chattanooga. As a prime example of the private school ignorance/bias in this area, last year Kitty Houston from Webb and Brett Connor from Catholic were initially left off of the PrepXtra Team while earning All-State Honors. Brett was First Team A-P All State and wasn't listed among the top 15 on the PrepXtra Team from the Knoxville area alone. ??? The same basic thing happened to Kitty Houston and when the coach talked to the guy who did the team for the Knoxville news paper, he admitted that he hadn't even been to see her play or covered any of her games. AND both these players led their team to the State Tourney.

Yeah, but thats when yall were in D-2...its not hard to goto state when theres not that many teams to compete against...now you get a taste of the public school world...welcome to it...again, I do not believe Parton is that good...

You all still think Parton is better than Tony White? He dropped 51 points on a pretty dang good Farragut team last night, including 27 of 33 at the foul line. When has Parton EVER done that??? You are out of your mind...

For real, this dude thinks Parton is God's gift to basketball...I heard Tony White Jr. did Farragut in last night...

Someone said they didnt understand how a team that had a worse record than them could be ranked higher, let me show you! See Catholic plays the 90th ranked schedule in the state and have only beaten 3 teams with winning record (there combined record is 39-20) and when you just go around beating up on cupcakes then you are not going to get "RESPECT" ;) !

But by looking at there schedule, they shouldnt lose another game in the regular season and if you want respect, go into the post season and start taking out some quality opponents!!! :(

And ask some of the Bearden players how much they like Tony White. I have heard that he is out there just for himself, and by the way it seems he is. Matt plays much better defense than Tony, and Matt has the respect of the other guys on his team, because he respects them. I have heard that nobody on Bearden's team respects Tony. Say what you want. Matt is the best point guard in the Knoxville area, maybe even East Tennessee. Matt makes the other players look good, Tony makes himself look good.

And ask some of the Bearden players how much they like Tony White. I have heard that he is out there just for himself, and by the way it seems he is. Matt plays much better defense than Tony, and Matt has the respect of the other guys on his team, because he respects them. I have heard that nobody on Bearden's team respects Tony. Say what you want. Matt is the best point guard in the Knoxville area, maybe even East Tennessee. Matt makes the other players look good, Tony makes himself look good.

Amen. I've maintained all along that Parton is the best POINT GUARD in the area and Tony White is the best SCORING GUARD in the area. Just crunching the numbers from an admitted GREAT Tony White performance, he took approximately 35 shots from the field. Doesn't leave much room for any assists now does it? I bet Rande and B.J. are having a fun time watching Tony create his magic. We'd love to have them at Catholic. They might actually see the ball there. The 2 freshman posts surely didn't expect any passes. If they want the ball they can just rebound all those misses. How do you explain Rande going from 30 point games to 5 point games? Tough to score without getting the ball.

Amen. I've maintained all along that Parton is the best POINT GUARD in the area and Tony White is the best SCORING GUARD in the area. Just crunching the numbers from an admitted GREAT Tony White performance, he took approximately 35 shots from the field. Doesn't leave much room for any assists now does it? I bet Rande and B.J. are having a fun time watching Tony create his magic. We'd love to have them at Catholic. They might actually see the ball there. The 2 freshman posts surely didn't expect any passes. If they want the ball they can just rebound all those misses. How do you explain Rande going from 30 point games to 5 point games? Tough to score without getting the ball.

thats what i have heard, ive heard that even the 3 sophomores on Catholic (including the 2 that have only played in 2 blowouts) are in love with Parton. He treats them like an equal even though he might be the best POINT guard in East Tennessee

Someone said they didnt understand how a team that had a worse record than them could be ranked higher, let me show you! See Catholic plays the 90th ranked schedule in the state and have only beaten 3 teams with winning record (there combined record is 39-20) and when you just go around beating up on cupcakes then you are not going to get "RESPECT" B) !

But by looking at there schedule, they shouldnt lose another game in the regular season and if you want respect, go into the post season and start taking out some quality opponents!!! :thumb:

Tribe, you just keep making yourself look dumber and dumber can you not handle that a 4 year lettermen for UT said he was good???That's all that was said apparently...not that Parton was going to UT or anything...calm down

Actually, I really made no direct reference that he would goto ut...so Im wonderin how I am makin myself look dumber and dumber when everything I have said, I have given something to back it up...and the above quote, above what you said I mean, maybe you should read that...that could have something to do with why Catholic is not getting respect and it could be why Parton is so "good"...and the fact that a 4 year lettermen from UT said he was good means nothing to me...he is nothing more then a fan, like you or me, like I already said...

Were you at the game last night??? Tony White saved our butts big time. His ball handling and free throw shooting was the difference. He dished the ball off well too on many occasions. B.J. and Rande took plenty of shots. They were off. Demonte took plenty of shots too. It was Tony's game and his teammates gave it to him.

Who says that his teammate's don't like him? I'm a heck of a lot closer to these guys than your sources are I'm sure and that's completely not true.

You cannot convince anybody but yourself that Parton is better than Tony. End of story. Because its bogus.

Edited by BHSfootball

Were you at the game last night??? Tony White saved our butts big time. His ball handling and free throw shooting was the difference. He dished the ball off well too on many occasions. B.J. and Rande took plenty of shots. They were off. Demonte took plenty of shots too. It was Tony's game and his teammates gave it to him.

Who says that his teammate's don't like him? I'm a heck of a lot closer to these guys than your sources are I'm sure and that's completely not true.

You cannot convince anybody but yourself that Parton is better than Tony. End of story. Because its bogus.

For real...I have seen TW play mean times and I can tell you he is a team player...besides, Catholic plays one of the weakest schedules in the state...imagine what Tony White Jr. or somebody good like that would do with a schedule like Catholic's...