Floyd Hired as head coach for the Bradey Bears

Poundingpurplepeople

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the politics in that school, wouldn't you want to leave to? Coach Floyd is a great pick for this school.

I think that Damon is a good fit for the Bear program. He is young, eager and anxious to bring the Bears back to a respectable level. It won't be easy and will take patience on the part of the administration which they are commited to handle. The fans, parents and boosters will also have to show some patience. Damon is a Bradley man through and through and I believe that he still holds the all-time rushing record for the Bears. He is not one who is going to be leaving anytime soon for another position elsewhere but is there for the long run. All of the assistant coaches, except for maybe one who may move into the ministry, will now work to return the program to past glory and rich tradition. The most recent troubles in the football program were not created in the last year but began two head coaches before Allen and I'll just leave it at that.

Damon is in a great place to succeed with some of the very best public school football facilites in the state. As for politics at the school, yes there has been some but most of those have been removed with the most recent departure of the previous head coach and the addition of Floyd.

Best of luck to all the local schools and the Bears under Coach Floyd. Also best of luck to Coach Allen in his new coaching position at Silverdale Baptist Academy.

Bacon Breath if you are refering to Coach Price his record was 27 and 27 and had the only region championship since 1976. Before he arrived they were 0 & 10 and the year after he left they were 0 & 10. I agree with you that Coach Floyd is a great pick but there is alot more to the Bradley job than just coaching.

Baconbreath just to fill you in on your comments. coach bill price led the bears to a 9-4 record in 2000. there losses were to mccallie which was the private school state champions that year, they lost twice to red bank that was the public school 5a state champion that year as well and lost toanother private school baylor which had willie idellette who now plays for wake forest. and coach floyd is the best thing that has been done at bradley high school in a long time. i agree with blimp there is more to it at bradley than just coaching. if u have been there, u would know

I think that Damon is a good fit for the Bear program. He is young, eager and anxious to bring the Bears back to a respectable level. It won't be easy and will take patience on the part of the administration which they are commited to handle. The fans, parents and boosters will also have to show some patience. Damon is a Bradley man through and through and I believe that he still holds the all-time rushing record for the Bears. He is not one who is going to be leaving anytime soon for another position elsewhere but is there for the long run. All of the assistant coaches, except for maybe one who may move into the ministry, will now work to return the program to past glory and rich tradition. The most recent troubles in the football program were not created in the last year but began two head coaches before Allen and I'll just leave it at that.

Damon is in a great place to succeed with some of the very best public school football facilites in the state. As for politics at the school, yes there has been some but most of those have been removed with the most recent departure of the previous head coach and the addition of Floyd.

Best of luck to all the local schools and the Bears under Coach Floyd. Also best of luck to Coach Allen in his new coaching position at Silverdale Baptist Academy.

Is Holtcamp going into the Ministry?