cosby eagles

cosbypride

I can respect your opinion, but wouldn't you consider only missing round 2 of postseason play by 1 point, (1, a missed PAT) contending. You don't have to consider the Eagles as contenders if you don't want to. Honestly, I hope there are tons of people, coaches, and players who don't have the blue and black circled on their schedule. The more teams that overlook us, the more teams we rolllll over!!!

First of all, i would consider the competition that the first round game was against, a Harriman team famous for choking in big game situations. Second of all, people havent "had the blue and black circled on their schedules" for years and have yet to be sorry for it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once again i can agree with you there coach logan. so are you a coach, and if so where? if you dont want to give yourself up its ok. there are alot on here that dont want to. i can tell you this i would not have circled the "blue and black" in past years myself. i also agree with coaches big fan and hope we continue to get overlooked. we as coaches are to take care of getting the circles on the schedules. a great coaching staff at that. i guess its up to us just to keep doing what we are doing and earn our respect. thats the way it should be anyway. oh on that great coaching staff. we are pretty young but we know what it takes to win. the young guys have 20 years experiance combined while the old man has about 35 under his belt with several of those coming from the university of tennessee and ole miss.

shelton

First of all, i would consider the competition that the first round game was against, a Harriman team famous for choking in big game situations. Second of all, people havent "had the blue and black circled on their schedules" for years and have yet to be sorry for it.

You mean the Harriman team that has been and should still be in AA , a Harriman team that was picked by most everybody to win by 3-4 tds , a Harriman team that supposedly had way more talent and too much team speed for the EAGLES. A Harriman team that is coached too well to loose to cosby was silly enough to possibly have overlooked a 6-4 ball team thats just ludicrous nobody only beats cosby by 1 point in the playoffs. Logan if the blue n black happens to be on your schedule you better circle it. As a matter of fact go ahead and circle Week 2 you sound like a cloudland man to me.

You mean the Harriman team that has been and should still be in AA , a Harriman team that was picked by most everybody to win by 3-4 tds , a Harriman team that supposedly had way more talent and too much team speed for the EAGLES. A Harriman team that is coached too well to loose to cosby was silly enough to possibly have overlooked a 6-4 ball team thats just ludicrous nobody only beats cosby by 1 point in the playoffs. Logan if the blue n black happens to be on your schedule you better circle it. As a matter of fact go ahead and circle Week 2 you sound like a cloudland man to me.

old24eagle,

no, i mean the Harriman team that has been notorious for choking in big game situations, i.e. the Coalfield region championship game. Not a Cloudland man, but i would be proud to be grouped with those guys anytime. They know how to win.

wasplayernowcoach,

no, i am not a coach. it was just an old nickname. like i said earlier, and i meant it as a compliment then as i do now, your enthusiasm is refreshing. ive seen cosby play all three major sports and until you have the kent blacks and the timmy blakelys and the dexter manning type athletes coming out for your football program and as excited about the game of football as these kids get about basketball, itll be rough. its a known fact that young kids dream of suiting up in the blue and black but as a basketball player. ive been to cosby for a basketball game and the looks on the kid's faces when they ran out of the lockerroom, they were their heroes. until a precident is set like that of the basketball team, the base of kids that want to strap up the helmets instead of lace up the sneakers will be very lopsided.

Keep talking it up there big guy, who do you coach for? Take some pride in your program and tell us what staff youre a part of. I can only hope its someone on our schedule because nothing would give me greater pleasure than to meet, and beat someone who so viamately is denying our UP and COMING program the respect is deserves. I dont think that we are on here saying that we are going to go 15-0 and win the state championship next year, we are simply saying that we are on the rise and we feel like we have a great chance to compete for our Region championship. If you payed any attention at all to other games besides the ones that youre suppossed to be coaching in you would know that Harriman played Hampton very tough last year and moved the ball on them pretty good all night they just had trouble inside the redzone when the field shrank and they couldnt spread them out as much and use their athleticism. But thats alright you dont have to give us any respect because we dont need any from any one that doesnt believe that we have really turned the corner we would rather go out and take your respect and make those people respect us instead of them just blowing smoke. So look out , if youre on our schedule be ready for a team thats going to take the fight to you for 48 minutes, if you dont like the way were talking and the confidence that we have in our program to bad, we know how good we can be and everyone else will soon find out. See ya in August B)

Coach Yoakum

well coach logan let me let you know this. the kent blacks , dexter mannings and timmy blakelys want take the field or strap on a helment. no disrespect to timmy or dexter i love him to death. they may even wish they would have gave it a shot. actually dexter did. he went through a whole week at tenn tech camp. came home after one practice quit. instead of them look at the jody lowe's, dewight hewitt's matthew magaha's, cody lowe's, spencer grooms, russell valentine's and kelvin rone's that would tell coach coggins bye tonight if i told them we started playing tomarrow. one if not more of them are on the court the whole time. so dont tell me what i need i need football players not basketball players.i got them to. right now them starting or coming off the bench are the winning factor everytime the basketball team plays. untill you set foot here and see what we are doing and what football means to these young men you best assume nothing.

shelton

sorry if thats what happend, but you dont know whats going on here with football. you make commints without knowing whats going on. i had 45 jersys and was afraid i would not have enough to dress everyone this coming season. i went and added 6 more so i could dress 51. will i dress that many not sure but i have that many interested not counting incoming freshman. there is excitment here in regards to football. the ones who play football on the basketball team cant wait till football starts. even the ones who play basketball that plan on coming out are talking it up. and the basketball team is looking at a good chance to go to

M-BORO. great basketball players dont necessarly make great football players which is how i took your one commint. i dont understand why you think there is no reason to be excited when we had a good season. we won more games last season than we have in the last 5 years. i dont want to argue. i just dont understand why some people make commints on things they really know nothing about.

shelton

Let a football player/basketball player put his two-cents in on this. I, along with all the football players, coaches, anf fans are pumped waiting for August. I'm looking forward to tonights banquet on a terrific season and looking forward to an even better one next year. I'm going to be the best player and leader I can be!

wow been out of the picture a while. been busy and out of town. looks like my post has gotten some attention. looks like it got a little heated. coach logan got a little negative didnt he. man i never realized how little respect cosby football got. i guess that what happens when you try to have a good football team at what everyone thinks is just a basketball school. hiwever i have a feeling that is all changing from what i have been reading. well keep it up cosby.