cosby eagles

cosbypride

hey guys sorry for the late response. i have read the last few post. what is that long horh feller thinking. i will say this old eagle, big blue, and wasplayer. you just cant get a pat on the back at all can you. i am assuming old eagle and big blue have something to do with whats going on up there. i will give you guys a big high five your doing a great job up there. tell those guys to keep working hard i want to see you all do great this year. i noticed on another post that hampton is giving you guys alot of positive talk. longhorn i think orange blood has your number. he knows it to that why he is probally silent. i guess he is finding someone else to bring down a notch or two. later fellers

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only team in Cocke Co's region is Mo West, they might as well just turn around and hand them the Region title every year. Every team in that region stinks! :D Mo West didnt just get bested by Maryville they got their butts kicked all over the field. Cosby problably would not have beat Trousdale Co last year but I'd bet the farm that we would have been more competitive with our state champ than Mo West was with theirs. Daniel Boone is awful, Cherokee is bad, and Mo East is horrible. If thats the best you can come up with in that region then it is like I said it was WEAK! B) We dont need your credit or any one else's, we will get the respect we deserve after we do what we 're suppossed to on the field. Keep giving us no respect and you just make it easier for us to get ready for the season. :D

Yoakum

Ok lets review your horribly tough schedule. Oh thats right you didnt play high school teams until Hampton and Cloudland. Im not sure that if Grace and Jellico had'nt played each other that either one would have won a single game. As for you guys being able to play with Trousdale I think not. I went to the title games(D II not included). I also went to the Mo' West Mville game, and I'm pretty sure it was 14-7 Mville at the half. It got a little rough at the end because Mo' West gave up. And on a final note ( this is for you cosbypride ) orangeblood needs to use his skill of bring people down on you guys. Keep in mind North Greene also thought they were good until they got out of the single A part of the schedule and started playing in their conferece. They only won 2 confernce games (against WG and CD) .

Idealism - A tendency to show or present things in an ideal or idealized form rather than as they really are. (This is you guys)

Realism - The tendency to consider, accept or deal with things as they really are.(This is me)

I think to bash the Region 2-4A teams isnt anything.

West was a defensive powerhouse. Maryville even didnt do much against them. West's speed - they moved as quickly east/west as they did north/south was just killer. Their offense was simple, but it got the job well done.

Daniel Boone was a physically small team, but they were very physical and very hard hitting. Their line was exceptional, and even if it wasn't Hicks made something where there was nothing.

Cherokee was a solid football team. Lacked a decent tailback, but they were capable of throwing a scare to most anyone.

Morristown East struggled, but they too lacked a dominant tailback. Their QB will be tops of Region 2-4A this season and they had capable wide receivers (Penland) last season. Their defense was average, they had Blake Garrettson playing out of position, but he was always making plays.

Greeneville lacked experience at the QB position, but had a good defensive line and running back. However, their OL wasn't very good - and couple that with a freshman QB and your offensive results aren't going to be very productive.

Volunteer - Lacked depth and experience, also was working in a new system with a successful (in Georgia) - yet new head coach.

Crockett - Probably a pathetic football team; they had a couple of good athletes, but they've just been the same for years and years (except the 2000, 2001, 2002 teams)

Cosby may have went 6-4, but frankly guys, I wouldn't see them being very successful in the Five Rivers Conference.

The Cloudland teams of old would give Cherokee a lesson; but, those days are quickly ending, it seems. A and 4A are just different brands of football.

I think to bash the Region 2-4A teams isnt anything.

West was a defensive powerhouse. Maryville even didnt do much against them. West's speed - they moved as quickly east/west as they did north/south was just killer. Their offense was simple, but it got the job well done.

Daniel Boone was a physically small team, but they were very physical and very hard hitting. Their line was exceptional, and even if it wasn't Hicks made something where there was nothing.

Cherokee was a solid football team. Lacked a decent tailback, but they were capable of throwing a scare to most anyone.

Morristown East struggled, but they too lacked a dominant tailback. Their QB will be tops of Region 2-4A this season and they had capable wide receivers (Penland) last season. Their defense was average, they had Blake Garrettson playing out of position, but he was always making plays.

Greeneville lacked experience at the QB position, but had a good defensive line and running back. However, their OL wasn't very good - and couple that with a freshman QB and your offensive results aren't going to be very productive.

Volunteer - Lacked depth and experience, also was working in a new system with a successful (in Georgia) - yet new head coach.

Crockett - Probably a pathetic football team; they had a couple of good athletes, but they've just been the same for years and years (except the 2000, 2001, 2002 teams)

Cosby may have went 6-4, but frankly guys, I wouldn't see them being very successful in the Five Rivers Conference.

The Cloudland teams of old would give Cherokee a lesson; but, those days are quickly ending, it seems. A and 4A are just different brands of football.

No one was bashing until they start bashing us. Top notch 4A ball is a different brand of ball , Five rivers conference ball is not . Cosby would have won 2-3 games in that conference last year and we are not even considered top notch 1A. Personally I would like to see CCHS do well , but all they do is trash Cosby (not everyone but most) and that makes it very hard for me to root for them.

well fun fun fun. i like it. longhorn your ability to copy words and there definitions is exceptional. using them to make us look stupid and you brilliant is priceless. your ability to read and comprehend stinks! you took simple coments about cosby's players going out and doing what had not been done in SIX YEARS. and made it out that we were the freakin best team in the state. hello i have seen trousdale, i know hampton and cloudland. dont think for a min we think we are the best. we are just excited about the faxt that we beat some teams. you better watch what you say about grace they will be vey good very soon. there is something YOU dont KNOW shirlock longhorn holmes. that is what each of the teams we play has to what we have. we have starting defensive linemen that cant bench 190LBS. yet we win against guys that are stronger and bigger than us every week. so till you come here to my house and see what we do and what we have dont run us down. i have not to my knowlege ran anybody down. and you are afraid to even say who you are or where you are from. i am tyler shelton head football coach of the mighty proud cosby eagles who won 6 games last season. witch was more that we had won in the past 4 to 5 years combined, and more than CCHS has won in the past 3 to 4 years combined. now i wonder way we are excited. i better stop now it might take awile for you to read this in order to comprehend it.

shelton

Shelton dont worry about the critics. They are always going to be there and especially when you believe you have something special. The same thing happen to us at Unaka 2 years ago when we went 9-2 and we was excited about it. Everyone just came in our boards and bashed us. Now here at Unaka we are in a wierd situation of selecting a new head coach but I look forward to seeing yall come up here to th Creek for next years game. Good Luck to ya.

WHAT????????????????? you mean Ensor is not going to coach football anymore. what is up with that? thanks for having our back though. you know it odd that out of everyoneyou and a few hampton people give up some credit as do i you guys. however i want to beat you all just as you all want to beat us. then there are those out there who do not play us or have no reason to really care, but yet they trash us. i guess i am old fashioned and i give credit where credit is do. dont worry i dont let it get to me. honestly i could care less but it makes for interesting chatter and motivation. i hate you are having to go though this transition period finding a new coach. it can sometimes cause teams to get set back a little. so do you have any canidates. hope to hear something soon.

shelton

Shelton dont worry about the critics. They are always going to be there and especially when you believe you have something special. The same thing happen to us at Unaka 2 years ago when we went 9-2 and we was excited about it. Everyone just came in our boards and bashed us. Now here at Unaka we are in a wierd situation of selecting a new head coach but I look forward to seeing yall come up here to th Creek for next years game. Good Luck to ya.

I also see a bit of simaliarities between the 2 programs.. and this year, like I mentioned in another post, 1 through 4 in our conference could be up for grabs.. hopefully our region is only getting better from the tougher competion.

I have family that went to Cocke County High. I had a lot of family members go to Cosby. My Mom and Dad went to Cosby. Dad played basketball there.

I went to my cousins wedding last summer and picked up a Newport paper. It had the Cocke County Football preview. I couldn't believe a 4A School like CCH only had 30 kids out for football.

well fun fun fun. i like it. longhorn your ability to copy words and there definitions is exceptional. using them to make us look stupid and you brilliant is priceless. your ability to read and comprehend stinks! you took simple coments about cosby's players going out and doing what had not been done in SIX YEARS. and made it out that we were the freakin best team in the state. hello i have seen trousdale, i know hampton and cloudland. dont think for a min we think we are the best. we are just excited about the faxt that we beat some teams. you better watch what you say about grace they will be vey good very soon. there is something YOU dont KNOW shirlock longhorn holmes. that is what each of the teams we play has to what we have. we have starting defensive linemen that cant bench 190LBS. yet we win against guys that are stronger and bigger than us every week. so till you come here to my house and see what we do and what we have dont run us down. i have not to my knowlege ran anybody down. and you are afraid to even say who you are or where you are from. i am tyler shelton head football coach of the mighty proud cosby eagles who won 6 games last season. witch was more that we had won in the past 4 to 5 years combined, and more than CCHS has won in the past 3 to 4 years combined. now i wonder way we are excited. i better stop now it might take awile for you to read this in order to comprehend it.

shelton

Shelton,

This is my first time saying anything here. I am one of the Cosby Eagles biggest fans (a mom). I just wanted to say to you that I have boys that have all played 3 sports since they were 4-5 years old. I have seen a lot of coaches and their staff. This present coaching staff is the "BEST" I have ever seen as far as my boys are concerned. You know us MOMS can get pretty emotional over our children, and I really do just want to give credit where credit is due. As far as a football/bask- etball /baseball/volleyball school, it doesn't matter. Our students have been mostly basketball fans in the past. I graduated Cosby in 1979. I honestly don't even remember any sport other than basketball. But the school has grown like crazy since then, I think there were only like 60 seniors back then. With that growth, the atheletic programs have also grown like crazy. Just 2 years ago there was not a very big fan base for Cosby football. I will tell you that tears (don't forget, I'm a mom) came to this fans eyes, to see the new stadiums seats filled to capacity and people all around the end of the fence. So, yes! It has been about basketball in the past, but when you have a good program you can't keep the fans away. Therefore, apparently this new football program couldn't keep the fans away. From all the talk I've already heard about football season, those fans can't wait until August either. Man, I get excited thinking about May 1st. So, to all you coaches- Thanks for the love, encouragement, support, and discipline you give our boy's. You all are the best-and you only get the best when you the best leader!

Looking forward to a great season!

Players MOM