AREA II Small School Tournament

AJ98

It sounds like you guys think he had a "melt down" over nothing. Frankly, I find that a little hard to believe. How or why was the play on the court ruled an intentional foul? Was it cut and dried, clear case of a Burchfield player with the intent to prevent a score by grabbing his opponent? I harp on this because I've seen very few (actually none) coaches go ballistic over a couple of bad calls, unless it prevented the coach's team from winning. Since the Rams were out of it, it doesn't make sense in my opinion. :thumb:

Kaz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, BigD. We have shot pretty straight with each other in the past, so I find you to be a pretty level head and honest. I'd consider your thoughts to be straight up. The word around town is a game is going to come down to a whistle, and it will go against a Scott Co. School since the crews are from Morgan Co. I consider it to be just talk, but the Burchfield "thing", you have to admit, is kind of unusual. :thumb: Anyway, the games go on. How will they go tonight? Who are your winners and losers?

:thumb: Kaz

It sounds like you guys think he had a "melt down" over nothing. Frankly, I find that a little hard to believe. How or why was the play on the court ruled an intentional foul? Was it cut and dried, clear case of a Burchfield player with the intent to prevent a score by grabbing his opponent? I harp on this because I've seen very few (actually none) coaches go ballistic over a couple of bad calls, unless it prevented the coach's team from winning. Since the Rams were out of it, it doesn't make sense in my opinion. :thumb:

Kaz

It was 60 feet from the basket, player lowered his shoulder and basically just tackled (without the wrap up) the kid into the bench. Definately not going after the ball. Should've been an intentional without question. I think he was just frustrated being down 19 and lost it. When he got the first one just kept talking and using some unneeded language. He was badgering the referees the whole game. I actually can't believe he didn't get a tech sooner than he did. Referees might have missed a call here or there both ways, but not anything to make up for 19 points.

OK, BigD. We have shot pretty straight with each other in the past, so I find you to be a pretty level head and honest. I'd consider your thoughts to be straight up. The word around town is a game is going to come down to a whistle, and it will go against a Scott Co. School since the crews are from Morgan Co. I consider it to be just talk, but the Burchfield "thing", you have to admit, is kind of unusual. :thumb: Anyway, the games go on. How will they go tonight? Who are your winners and losers?

:thumb: Kaz

now, now guys!! ;)

Last time I checked Morgan County is not a county I have resided in--LOL!! Nothing against them fine folks down that way!! I have lived in Knox, Anderson, Putnam, and Scott, but....... :blink:

The majority may be based out of Morgan County, but...there is also a ref from Scott Co (me) and at least 3 from the Lake City / Norris area who have called. I know the 2:00 and 3:15 games Saturday were called by a guy from Norris, Pioneer, and Coalfield. The late games Friday were called by 2 guys from Lake City and 1 from Deer Lodge, so....as you can see......we are a somewhat diverse groups of individuals!!

Edited by TheAnswer9

Quarter Final Winners will be:

Monday

(G) 1 Fairview over 9 Sunbright----Sunbright is talented, but....Fairview is too!!

(G) 4 Coalfield over 5 Wartburg---If the real Lady Dawg team shows up....

(:thumb: 1 Oneida over 9 Fairview

(:thumb: 5 Robbins over 4 Wartburg---Will be the best game of the night

Tuesday

(G) 2 CSCC over 7 Jellico

(G) 3 PJ over 6 Oneida---Could be match-up worthy of watching

(:blink: 10 Winfield over 2 CSCC--upset city if you call it that

(;) 3 Huntsville over 6 Oakdale

I believe that Oakdale proved they are not the third worst team in this tournament........somebody tell me what happened with Burchfield's coach. He picked up two quick technicals and pulled his team from the floor! What exactly happened? Will he have to sit out two games next year?

Robbins Boys beat Wartburg....by 3 i think