Super Bowl

B)

Did you see what that defense did to Peyton Manning???and that's the best offense in the NFL...

Q-What was the root of Indy's problems when the Steelers beat them?

A-The offensive line.

Seattle's line has been together the longest, and is the best in the NFL. I really don't see the Steelers being able to manhandle them the way they did Indy. Then again, I never thought Indy's line would be mandandled like that either.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is interesting that many NFL players, when asked who they think will win, they are nearly all saying Pittsburgh. When asked to break it down by position or coaching, they don't really say who has the edge. I think the Steelers have the defensive edge, Seattle the offensive edge.

Key matchup is Seattle O-line vs. Steelers 3-4. I really don't think it is evenly matched at QB- Hasselbeck is the best QB in the NFC this year; Big Ben isn't even the best QB in his division.

I think Seattle makes this a whole lot closer than people think. If either team jumps out by 14 early, it's over.

It's just illogical to think that a 6 seed is better than a 1 seed.

This may be the best Super Bowl matchup we have had in some time! I mean on paper these two are pretty much dead even! I am looking more forward to this one than any I have in recent years, because I think it could be a classic, I could be wrong, but it has all the buildings to be a classic!

Seattle may be a slightly better team, but Pittsburgh looks like a team of destiny!!!

as I was looking through the stats today all of the stats are frightfully close but one and that is the tunover margin I think that it was Seahawks 2 and Steelers 6 if the Steelers can create the turnovers like they have through the playoffs they will be the Super Bowl champs but I just think that the Seahawks offense is not going to give up many.

Q-What was the root of Indy's problems when the Steelers beat them?

A-The offensive line.

Seattle's line has been together the longest, and is the best in the NFL. I really don't see the Steelers being able to manhandle them the way they did Indy. Then again, I never thought Indy's line would be mandandled like that either.

The Line stunk it up for Indy, but when Peyton got time to throw a lot of his passes where off...and it wasn't just that O-line that lost got manhandled that Colt's defense didn't do much better stopping Pitsburg offense...

If your down by 2 or 3 against the Steelers going into the 2nd half, it's very hard to beat them by the way they run the ball and eat up the clock...and when Big Ben has the ball in his hands he's very smart...It's not that they're better than everyone, it's that they haven't made that many mistakes down the stretch...Big Ben makes the plays when he has to throw the ball and that Parker/Bus Combo at the RB is hard to stop...that defense with Polomolu being everywhere is very tough right now...On the Flip Side we've seen what Alexander can do with the ball in his hands, and that is why he is MVP, and Hassleback does a great job as well when he has the ball in his hands...Seattle has a good defense I believe only giving up on average 17 pts a game...

I can't wait for this superbowl...it should be a good one...

We've already seen that Seattle had their running game slowed almost to a halt but Hasselbeck carried the team. To the contrary, Alexander carried the team when the passing game went south during the season. I belive Seattle is battle hardened for any scenario. Whether they can overcome Pittsburgh depends upon Seattle taking care of the ball. One turnover in this game can lose it and I think both teams are quite aware of that. They will reflect back on the season and say "We didn't get here by being careless and taking unnecessary risks, so let's take care of the ball and do our jobs just as we have done down the stretch." Therefore, I see a somewhat conservative game with the high score of 20 points.

Containment is more likely for Rothy and I expect fair to good penetration to the quarterback with Rothy having several hurried throws and three sacks.

Containment is less likely with Hasselbeck. He's very mobile and can deliver the ball from any body position. Statistically speaking, he has the best chance to succeed when it comes to completing the pass given the offensive line's athleticism. With Alexander in the backfield, it's even tougher to pin him down with the play action pass. I also expect to see a two back set if the worse happens and Pittsburgh is busting the line. Option screens to flat passes to quich throws across the middle can slow down a big rushing defense. Pittsburgh's linebackers will have to play their best to overcome this scenario. It is possible but the injury to Polamalu might be deceiving but if he is half a step off, the middle might become the favorite target.

With that said, I pick Seattle by seven. :thumb:

Seattle-34

Pittsbugh-24

I was going to pull for the Steelers,being an AFC team and all,until Mr.Joey Porter became the face and mouth-piece for the Steelers....

Hey,Joey,you are playing in the BIGGEST game a football player can play in...Are you SO bored with that fact that you have to start jawing with Seattle's tight end??..Can you not be fired up for the game itself???..I mean it's the SUPER BOWL Joey!!!!!!I am so tired of hearing that Jerome Bettis is going home for the Super Bowl....So what????...You know what would have been the BIG story???....The LIONS going back home to play in the Super Bowl...Now THAT would have been a story!!!!!...I would not want to be Joey when those big offensive linemen start blocking him....Look for Shawn Alexander to prove why is the NFL's MVP with a MVP performance in the Super Bowl....Another Super Bowl loss for Bill Cowher..... :)

Seattle-34

Pittsbugh-24

I was going to pull for the Steelers,being an AFC team and all,until Mr.Joey Porter became the face and mouth-piece for the Steelers....

Hey,Joey,you are playing in the BIGGEST game a football player can play in...Are you SO bored with that fact that you have to start jawing with Seattle's tight end??..Can you not be fired up for the game itself???..I mean it's the SUPER BOWL Joey!!!!!!I am so tired of hearing that Jerome Bettis is going home for the Super Bowl....So what????...You know what would have been the BIG story???....The LIONS going back home to play in the Super Bowl...Now THAT would have been a story!!!!!...I would not want to be Joey when those big offensive linemen start blocking him....Look for Shawn Alexander to prove why is the NFL's MVP with a MVP performance in the Super Bowl....Another Super Bowl loss for Bill Cowher..... :thumb:

Joey didn't start that mess! It was the idiot benchwarmer from Seattle that started it! One thing everyone is overlooking about Seattle, it's easy to look like a great team when you play Arizona, San Fran, and St. Louis twice each year. Oh yeah, they beat the Colts, but the Colts didn't even want to be in that game in the first place. You all live in TN. How many times have you ever seen Peyton not have the will to play a game? NEVER!

Sure, Alexander is a great running back, but look back to what I said earlier. He played 6 games in his division, that might as well have been against Division 2 college teams! The Jerome Bettis story is a great one, no matter what anyone thinks. He is one of the greatest running backs in NFL history, and he finally gets into the big game. It just happens to be in his hometown. What isn't great about that?

Bottom line...The Sea-Chicks haven't seen anything like the Steelers this season. Geez, they had a tough time with the Redskins! ;)

Someone said earlier that "Hasslebeck makes very good decisions. He knows the system well and knows what to do at all times. He doesn't make stupid decisions." You're kidding, right? Yes, he has played better this season than in the past, but I wouldn't go that far. We could have a situation in this game that's similar to Jake Plummer in the AFC Championship game...The longer Matt Hasselbeck is on the field, the more likely it is that he will remember that he is, in fact, Matt Hasselbeck and implode in front of your eyes!

Pittsburgh (notice I spelled that correctly? Some of the others on this thread should try that sometime!) will win this one going away!

Before anyone goes off on me for being a bandwagon jumper, because I was pulling for Indy to beat the Steelers in the 2nd round, I am a fan of both, and most people on here know that. Ask Fuggly or 2priceless. If either one is playing someone else, I go with Indy and the 'Burgh!

Edited by stlrcoach

I would like to add here that this game really reminds me of the Titan's Superbowl matchup. The Titan's went in the underdog blue collar team for the first appearance much like Seattle is today.

The Steeler's come in with an All Star cast of players, tradition and expected to win much like the St. Louis Rams (tradition being the exception). The Steeler's have the aura of the much maligned Baltimore Colts of Superbowl III. They were billed as the "Polished Machine". Undefeatable, determined and destined for greatness.

When you watch the games these two teams have played down the stretch, Steeler's should win hands down. The game plan is the most important part of this game just as we saw against the Panthers. In no way are the Panthers that bad of a team. They just had a game plan and the Steelers had an answer for it.

Again, I say Seattle by 7 and that is because of the Bettis Factor. :thumb:

Edited by ERA