Pickett Co/Clay Co. Game/Is it Still On?

bobcatfan300

This game was really good, but not as good as it could have been. The referees over asserted themselves in this game tremendously. One of the refs names was Anthony, and he was really, really bad, but that is about his usual as far as I know. I am a Clay Co. fan but I think this game was a real rip off for the Bobcats. However, they played an awesome game, and both teams deserved to win this one. Jacob Wright played really good as well. Great job to both teams.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was really good, but not as good as it could have been. The referees over asserted themselves in this game tremendously. One of the refs names was Anthony, and he was really, really bad, but that is about his usual as far as I know. I am a Clay Co. fan but I think this game was a real rip off for the Bobcats. However, they played an awesome game, and both teams deserved to win this one. Jacob Wright played really good as well. Great job to both teams.

Pickett played a much better game than the last time. I'm a huge Clay fan but it was a shame the Bobcats got jipped out of a chance for the huge upset at home. Just a terrible call. Question: If it was a technical in the boys game for the Pickett player to slap the floor or ball or whatever in disgust, why wasn't it a tech. on Wright late in the girls game for slapping the floor in obvious objection to a call made against her......Answer: Inconsistancy ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!!

See ya'll at Baxter!!!!

Edited by TopDawg83

Pickett played a much better game than the last time. I'm a huge Clay fan but it was a shame the Bobcats got jipped out of a chance for the huge upset at home. Just a terrible call. Question: If it was a technical in the boys game for the Pickett player to slap the floor or ball or whatever in disgust, why wasn't it a tech. on Wright late in the girls game for slapping the floor in obvious objection to a call made against her......Answer: Inconsistancy ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!!

See ya'll at Baxter!!!!

LOL.. you are to funny! and why wasnt over the back called against clay in the 4th!

I listened on the radio it sounded like the official or officials were sometimes not the best. The announcer never came right out and said they were bad but just the call made you wonder and now with the fans from Clay Co saying the calls were bad they must have been. Anyway congrat's to Clay Co. hope to see a rematch in the district.

I listened on the radio it sounded like the official or officials were sometimes not the best. The announcer never came right out and said they were bad but just the call made you wonder and now with the fans from Clay Co saying the calls were bad they must have been. Anyway congrat's to Clay Co. hope to see a rematch in the district.

I wouldn't say that the officials were bad, and i'm sure there will be alot of people say otherwise but for what its worth there were more fouls called against Clay County than there were for Pickett and that was with Clay leading most of the game outside of the first quarter. It was a very exciting game. Anyone that has ever traveled to Pickett County knows that its a very tough environment to play in and i think the fact that it was Clay that beat them was like pouring salt into an open wound. There were questionable calls and "no calls" like any other game i have watched. The foul disperity wasn't as great as it normally is when you go to Pickett however at one point in the first quarter the fouls were 8-2 in favor of Pickett Co. and like i said overall there were more fouls called against Clay Co. than there were against Pickett. I will say this the first "T" called against J. Wright was right in front of me and all he did was make a good play and take a charge and he did slap the floor and get up all hyped up but that is just part of the game i seen nothing wrong with it at all. Anyways good game and i'm sure it will be another one should both teams play eachother again this year. :thumb:

after the ref's were so quick to call the first two why would a player put himself

in position to get a T with the game on line

There is a HUGE difference between regular fouls and technicals. I saw that Anthony Copeland was a ref before the game and said to a friend, "I guarantee he'll call a technical on Pickett Co...he always does." I was wrong, he called 2. As for Clay Co. being ahead...they got their first lead due to Copeland's first nonsense technical. It was 12-10 Bobcats, then went to 15-12 Clay because after the 2 free throws, Clay hit a three with possession. That's a 5 point swing. I do give Clay Co. fans credit. When they "won" the game, they cheered, not not much. I believe every person in the gym knew Anthony Copeland changed the outcome of the game. Anyway, Pickett proved they are as good as Clay Co. now...and so much for devil's prediction earlier in the year of a 25 point win at Pickett .

Some friends & I went to the game from Livingston. I have gone to basketball games for 40 years. This was the worst officiating I have ever seen. My friends both agreed. Copeland should be fired. That first technical was crazy. Why didn't Walden get a technical when he stomped around the court when he was called for a foul? Did anyone else notice Copeland walking up to the Bobcats as they came onto the court after the half and gave them a snearing smile...mocking them? Why did Pickett keep getting charging calls at their end and there were few at the Celina end? One time a nonstarter for Celina (tall with black hair) had the ball and threw it out right in front of Copeland. The boy had his back to 2 Bobcats and clearly only he had the ball. After he threw it out, Copeland gave him the ball. Early in the game TC Capps had a clean block on a Rich shot. He was a foot away from Rich and was call for a foul...more Copeland nonsence. Celina got away with a lot of walks and never got called for holding onto Bobcat players. That foul at the end looked like a Celina charge not a Pickett foul. The last technical just was these refs' guarantee of a win for Celina. Of course I'm an LA fan and we've beaten both easily, so I don't care one way or another who won this. But I do care about fairness. When an official was as clearly as biased as Copeland was, and shows he has NO ethics, he should be fired. I'd say Pickett Co. is now the better team.

I wasnt at the game so I dont know what happened exactly on the last play, but unless the kid cursed or threw the ball into the stands, that ref cannot call a technical on him to decide a game like that. What exactly did the kid do, did he curse?

I was listning to the game and Pickett Co had it won untill that, Clay was not going to stop Wright on the last play, he would have hit a game winner anyway.

Edited by bob77

They claimed he either hit the ball or floor. This boy, Cody Elmore is the nicest kid in the world, polite, and is the last person on either team who should get a T for something like that. Pickett fans know we won that game. Poeple there from other schools know we won the game and WLIV's announcer knows we won the game...and some fairminded Clay Co. fans have come on here and have admiited Pickett got cheated. That's all that matters. Clay can put up the "w' for this game and ignore their "L" to Pope John Paul II, but everyone there knows Pickett outplayed them and Clay only stayed in the game on 11 points they got as the result of these T's