NYC High School Girl scores....113!

just4fun

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article I read does imply that the opposing team coach stated they gave up playing any defense the entire second half. What does that say about her so called accomplishment??!! It also says the league they play in is not very strong!!. I'm not doubting this young girl has talent and I'm not saying she did anything wrong, in my opinion, her coach should be FIRED!! Basketball is a team sport no matter what some people think, and any coach that has a lead in a game like this team evidently did, and decides to continue to let this girl rack up points just to break a record really doesnt understand what the game of basketball is all about.

Amen to that. Not a very classy coach to allow something like that to happen. No doubt she is a talented player, but in my opinion, sportsmanship is more important and coaches are responsible for demanding it from their players.

Oakland[/url]Grad' post='825921879' date='Feb 2 2006 - 10:31 AM']

Apparently Vivian Stringer, the HC at Rutgers thought enough to give her a scholarship. Ill take Vivian Stringer's knowledge of the game over anybody else on this website

Did anyone say she couldn't play? Re-read the article and pay attention to the part about the other team's defensive efforts.

No way anyone scores a 113 points unless they're allowed to score 113 points. Heck, put her on the dang foul line when she hits the 70 mark and is the only starter still on the floor. Doesn't take a political science major to figure out she's looking to break a record, whether you know what the record is or not. If she wants the record, and her knothead coach wants her to get it, they're gonna get at the line. One point at a time until every player on the team is a notch in the book. When we foul every player out, we forfeit. But we don't stand around and watch a "player" make a mockery of the game, with the blessings of a "coach".

I think most of you people are crazy. The girls shot 54-60. Let me repeat that. 54-60. Do you realize how difficult that would be to do. The girl broke the scoring record and she should be congratulated.

As for her coach, how could he take her out. When Kobe had 61 through 3 quarters Phil Jackson wanted to put him back in but Kobe kept himself out. The media fussed at him for sitting down because he may have never gotten another chance like that. However, he did and Phil Jackson left him in even though the score was like 122-91. This girl probably won't ever get another shot at this record. Why take this chance from her?

I think most of you people are crazy. The girls shot 54-60. Let me repeat that. 54-60. Do you realize how difficult that would be to do. The girl broke the scoring record and she should be congratulated.

As for her coach, how could he take her out. When Kobe had 61 through 3 quarters Phil Jackson wanted to put him back in but Kobe kept himself out. The media fussed at him for sitting down because he may have never gotten another chance like that. However, he did and Phil Jackson left him in even though the score was like 122-91. This girl probably won't ever get another shot at this record. Why take this chance from her?

It wouldn't be difficult to make 54-60 unguarded layups and shots 2 feet from the basket.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...rian&id=2316846

I like this article the best. Records are great. That's why we keep them. But they should be earned, not practically given to you. I don't believe I would have enjoyed watching this young lady scoring that many points on the team they played but would have enjoyed watching them come from behind and win by a point or two. That would have been more of an accomplishment than scoring 113 points anyday. Not taking anything away from the girl, surely she is a great player, but I myself just have to wonder WHY?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...rian&id=2316846

I like this article the best. Records are great. That's why we keep them. But they should be earned, not practically given to you. I don't believe I would have enjoyed watching this young lady scoring that many points on the team they played but would have enjoyed watching them come from behind and win by a point or two. That would have been more of an accomplishment than scoring 113 points anyday. Not taking anything away from the girl, surely she is a great player, but I myself just have to wonder WHY?

I agree. Good article. Its just lame to let a player score when she wasnt guarded at all (obviously). Can anyone imagine a TN HS girls coach allowing this ?

113 points is no pushover.But she had to have some help from the defense.Was the other team just letting her score?No way she was closely guarded the whole game they had to give her some.I know if a coach around here let his or her team drop 137 n beat the other team by 100+ they would be gone in a hurry and they would be hearing it from every critic in Tennessee.Very bad decision for the coach even if he was just trying to get his player to break a record.This record would do alot more for me if the game was within 15 points but 105..thats just crazy. :thumb:

113 points is no pushover.But she had to have some help from the defense.Was the other team just letting her score?No way she was closely guarded the whole game they had to give her some.I know if a coach around here let his or her team drop 137 n beat the other team by 100+ they would be gone in a hurry and they would be hearing it from every critic in Tennessee.Very bad decision for the coach even if he was just trying to get his player to break a record.This record would do alot more for me if the game was within 15 points but 105..thats just crazy. :thumb:

How can your fire a coach for winning by a large margin? Sounds pretty stupid if ya ask me................