West Keeps on Rolling

dewayne robinson

No, he's a Giles County fan! Still infuriated over the Tyler Smith incident.

Does anyone remember the story about the booster who gave Bruce Pearl a call in his first month on the job about Tyler Smith? The booster said he couldn't make the payment to Tyler Smith this month? I remember it was in the Times Free Press, and it said Coach Pearl turned the booster in to the University. I'll side with Bruce before Tyler Smith.

What was up with Tyler Smith saying, "release me and let me go play prep ball, and we'll see what happens next year..."

No thanks. UT doesn't need him or Jamont Gordon.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another example of the officials of today, that are more concerned with what is going on in the stands, than on the floor. I have never seen so many instances of officials paying so much attn. to fans, coaches and even doggone cheerleaders! The TSSAA needs to get these guys more focused on the game and let the game administrators deal with the crowd. The officials have begun to get really out of control with their actions on the court.

Just another example of the officials of today, that are more concerned with what is going on in the stands, than on the floor. I have never seen so many instances of officials paying so much attn. to fans, coaches and even doggone cheerleaders! The TSSAA needs to get these guys more focused on the game and let the game administrators deal with the crowd. The officials have begun to get really out of control with their actions on the court.

I agree. The refs are just worried a fan will make fun of them so they have to toss them. Just stick to the game.

I believe if an official ejects a fan without the fan being obsene or on the court, he is opening up to have a lawsuit filed against him. If it happened to me I would be at the courthouse the next morning filing the suit. The only thing the TSSAA says about fans is if they are interrupting the game by being on the court or throwing objects on the court they can be ejected. What if you run into the ref away from the game. What is he going to do then?

Just a thought

Yep, that is the answer to everything. Lawsuits and lawyers are what makes this country great. On your way to your lawyers office, stop by McDonalds and get some hot coffee and be careful that you don't spill. On second thought, go ahead and spill, then you could file two lawsuits at once. Save some lawyers fees in case you didn't win. LOL

I believe if an official ejects a fan without the fan being obsene or on the court, he is opening up to have a lawsuit filed against him. If it happened to me I would be at the courthouse the next morning filing the suit. The only thing the TSSAA says about fans is if they are interrupting the game by being on the court or throwing objects on the court they can be ejected. What if you run into the ref away from the game. What is he going to do then?

Just a thought

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I have heard all day. TSSAA would be guaranteed to side with the referee. The referee has the right and the ability to get rid of anyone at the game. You represent all that is wrong in America.

Didn't Fulmer do the same thing with Bama?

You don't say those words? Ever? If you don't you represent the 2% of the population. I don't like to, but they come out some times...

Boo Hoo.

1. Fulmer did do the same thing for Bama and you don't see me advocating that he is a good moral person. There is problems on the hill in the department of moral values. But from the looks of things fans could careless about that which speaks volumes about where our society is headed.

2. No, I never say those words. I learned at an early age to respect myself in a way that would not make other look down upon me for using such senseless, disrespectful language.

3. When Bruce Pearl signed a contract with UT. He signed on to represent UT on and off the court. Some of his actions haven't been very respectful IMO. You will never see Coach K, Dean Smith, or the majority of college coaches representing their university in this fashion.

And no I wasn't a Giles Co. fan. I just supported them because my alma mater was within the same district and I followed them more than any other team around the state. At first, I was upset over the Tyler incident, then more and more facts came out and I agreed with the way Pearl handled that situation. But when are UT fans going to wake up and realize that the Men's Athletic Dept. on the hill has major issues within it, in regards to moral values and discipline. But I guess that is alright as long as our team is winning.

Just a thought

The fan can be ejected for "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" for disrupting the game.

Before anyone gets any bright ideas: It is a felony in the State of Tennessee to assault an official. Think any of these guys would try to bait you into trouble and laugh all the way home?

Funniest or wildest thing I've seen with an official occurred a couple of years ago at an AAU game at Baylor. Guy who was a former small college coach in East TN rode/belittled the ref the entire game. With the game almost over the guy kept threatening the ref and told him he was going to come down and whip him after the game. The ref told him to "come on big guy" and proceeeded to knock him out cold a soon as he stepped on the court. The police came into the gym immediately afterwards and the ref proceeded to him them he didn't want to press charges. They hauled the guy off in an ambulance and our game was delayed until they could get the blood cleaned up.

3. When Bruce Pearl signed a contract with UT. He signed on to represent UT on and off the court. Some of his actions haven't been very respectful IMO. You will never see Coach K, Dean Smith, or the majority of college coaches representing their university in this fashion.

You can audibly hear Coach K using profanity on TV. Bad example.

1. Fulmer did do the same thing for Bama and you don't see me advocating that he is a good moral person. There is problems on the hill in the department of moral values. But from the looks of things fans could careless about that which speaks volumes about where our society is headed.

2. No, I never say those words. I learned at an early age to respect myself in a way that would not make other look down upon me for using such senseless, disrespectful language.

And no I wasn't a Giles Co. fan. I just supported them because my alma mater was within the same district and I followed them more than any other team around the state. At first, I was upset over the Tyler incident, then more and more facts came out and I agreed with the way Pearl handled that situation. But when are UT fans going to wake up and realize that the Men's Athletic Dept. on the hill has major issues within it, in regards to moral values and discipline. But I guess that is alright as long as our team is winning.

get over yourself man, all you have on bruce pearl is that he did something in freaking 1989....guess what, that is 17 years ago, people change, and what exactly was so bad that he said to the student body at the ut-florida game, i can guarantee you it wasn't 1% as bad as what the student body was saying at and before the game...and what about when the fans started throwing stuff on the court and instead of the PA announcer asking the fans to stop, pearl takes the task on his shoulders to go over and say hey guys, this is a great atmosphere with 2 great teams, lets just have some great basketball played and be respectful to everyone..he didn't have to do that, but he did...and you are trying to dig up useless facts trying to bring him down because you are upset with the ut athletic program as a whole...pearl is anything but the problem with that school, so quit acting like his getting thrown out of his son's high school basketball game for doing literally nothing is a big deal, because its not, and there were plenty of witnesses there to account for that

Officials are slef employed according to the TSSAA. The TSSAA does not pay the officaials the schools do, so I think the TSSAA would not want to be involved.

They may considered self-employed, but they are still under the TSSAA. Self-employment is more of a tax consequence issue than a legality issue.

Congrats on making one of the five dumbest posts I have ever read on here.