In the West

tricklician

The Clifft kid must be doing well so far this season. 2 wins so far with 26 k's.

Just found out that He has been invited to Atlanta to the Area Code games.

Your daddy can't buy your way into this you have to be invited by a scout.

I would say right now that the scout's like his size. Being 6'5 with a live arm.

Not many 6' and shorter pitchers make it to the big colleges. If he is 6'5 and throwing 86-88 mph at 16 he will do fine this summer.

Edited by Blue and Gold

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't make up stuff and if anything I underestimate. This winter he was touching 87-88 and he is receiving D1 interest from SEC and some MVC schools. Don't take what see from a kid in March and make a guess on what the rest of his year will be like.

SEC??? Yah right, you must be an ELITE pitcher in this conference bro! He must be your son if you think this highly of him. I am not sayin he ain't good but don't make up stories that aren't true.

SEC??? Yah right, you must be an ELITE pitcher in this conference bro! He must be your son if you think this highly of him. I am not sayin he ain't good but don't make up stories that aren't true.

Not my son or relative. All I said was he is receiving interest. He is a super hard worker and has the type of body scouts love. I guess you don't know about projectablity. If you are calling someone a liar who is obviously more in the know than you are on the situation, then you are the one who has the problem "bro".

Not my son or relative. All I said was he is receiving interest. He is a super hard worker and has the type of body scouts love. I guess you don't know about projectablity. If you are calling someone a liar who is obviously more in the know than you are on the situation, then you are the one who has the problem "bro".

Glad to hear he is a hard worker, because there is no substitute for that. Being 6'5'' might get him a look or two. SEC schools definitely do not take blind looks at some one because they're tall. If they are looking, they've heard something interesting. Good luck!!

The Clifft kid must be doing well so far this season. 2 wins so far with 26 k's.

Just found out that He has been invited to Atlanta to the Area Code games.

Your daddy can't buy your way into this you have to be invited by a scout.

I would say right now that the scout's like his size. Being 6'5 with a live arm.

Not many 6' and shorter pitchers make it to the big colleges. If he is 6'5 and throwing 86-88 mph at 16 he will do fine this summer.

If K's mean that much, then sign the kid at Riverside up too. He's got over 30 right now. By the way, certain daddys can buy their way into any tournament. Don't be fooled. That invitation only stuff is just a front!! It is all about money. Size is important in pitchers, but not as much as you think. A frame is one thing, but don't pretend stuff is unimportant. I think there are probably more 6' and under pithcers thatn 6'5" and over pitchers. If a midget consistently get outs, he'll have a spot on the roster! The most important oversight on your part is the facts. Anyone who has seen this kid throw, barring his parents probably, knows he does not throw 86-88.

dirtyfrank.............. That invitation only stuff is just a front.

I guess the Clifft kid will see you at that showcase then.

You just don't get it. Do you? They're rip-offs. Why would I blast one as being no good, and then say I was invited by a "scout" and go? Here's a thought. Sometimes real scouts come to see talent. I think that is why they are called scouts. Most blue chippers don't travel around to get looked at. They get SCOUTED and found. Think about that and get back to me.

Gant pitched the first 3 innings for USJ and left with a 4-1 lead.

Congrads to Clayton.. Way to work hard.

Where did this come from and what does it refer to??? :thumb: Gant pitched a complete game last nite against Covington and gave up only 2 hits while winning 3-0....Are you thinking of someone else?

Edited by Old Timer

Scouting Director. From the Diamondbacks is the one that got the Clifft kid the invite to Atlanta.

Not some local person that saids that he is a scout.

Where did this come from and what does it refer to??? :thumb: Gant pitched a complete game last nite against Covington and gave up only 2 hits while winning 3-0....Are you thinking of someone else?

I had the score wrong. I see that Clayton is doing well. What time does USJ and Covington play today

Edited by Blue and Gold