Oakland Baseball 2006

MidTennFootball

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Oakland should have a solid team this year, although they are a little grey in some aspects. I dont think their pitching will take them very far, yet their lineup will score some runs. It will be hard for them to go from 16-16 to the top of the district. Do they have any seniors that can step up besides Warren?

is polk getting any college attention? i know he's only a junior, but i've heard middle has already taken an interest

I am sure he is getting big looks. Speed, defense, and a good bat...Does he have any pop in his bat? Does Oakland have homerun power or gap to gap?

From what Ive heard, Oakland has a few that are getting looks from programs as high up as the SEC, not the great programs, but its still the SEC nontheless. Polk barely missed out on a .400 average last year and at one point was around the .430 mark. Oakland doesnt have great power, but a bunch of guys with adequate power who can hit for average. Tennyson Dodd and Mitch Warren can crank it pretty good. Burnett, Fann, and a few others will be able to hit a few circuit clouts, but nothing that will be in the jeremy slayden range

Great to be back on the baseball message boards! Really? I would have said Oakland has real good power. I saw Oakland play 4 or 5 times last year and here is what I saw. I saw Drew Fann hit a bomb at the reservation that was still climbing when it left the park. I saw Mitch Warren hit one to the dugouts on the girls softball field and then another one that disappeared over the scoreboard a couple days later. THEN...Tennyson Dodd hit 2 one game. One may have been wind assisted, the other would have been out of any park anywhere. I may need to be on their payroll to watch their games.

The Warriors will hit more out this year. Chad Hunter, Will Skinner of course, Pleas Wright will crank a few as will Chason Choate. I look for Chad to lead the district in homers even though he is a junior. The Warriors will defend their district title very well this season. This maybe the best balanced this district has been in a while. Defense, good hitting, and a solid pitching staff, anchored by Choate, will give Riverdale the advantage though.