• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Info on the Gibbs / Powell . The varsity played about 5 innings and

both teams looked good. Score was 1-1, then both teams started playing

some younger players and Gibbs took control at that point. As a Powell

fan one thing stood out about the Gibbs team was the addition of Kee at

SS. She made several big time plays. How this kid was she not the starting

SS at Halls last year ?

No, Kee was an outfielder, and an excellent one at that. She was never given the opportunity to play SS at Halls. She sometimes played catcher. I would say Carol Mitchell is thrilled to have her. Halls is definitely hurting without her and the other starting players that are no longer there. Their lefty pitcher is the only returning starter that will grace the field for them. But like Coach23 stated earlier.......I hope he gets what he asked for!!

Has Seymour or Alcoa had any scrimmages this year?

Seymour has not.....Seymour's junior pitcher was in a wreck last week (and totaled her **** car). Luckily she was not seriously hurt.....and she started pitching again today. I believe Seymour is scheduled to scrimmage Morristown West and South Doyle next week.

Edited by Coach23

How has Karns and Farragut done in scrimmages? Also, who is catching for farragut this year and playing center field?

Farragut has done well in preseason so far. They have beaten Central,Powell,Karns, Halls,West,Kingston and only lost to Alcoa in late innings after putting in all freshman. Upcoming games against Gibbs on Thurs, Sweetwater on Fri. and Jefferson Co. on Sat should really test the team.

Hoping we can do well in the Beech playday on March 10th before regular season play begins the following week. Our catcher is Abby Rose Martin, a sophmore who has really stepped up her play this year. Center field is Haley Lewis who moved over from right.

Farragut has done well in preseason so far. They have beaten Central,Powell,Karns, Halls,West,Kingston and only lost to Alcoa in late innings after putting in all freshman.

I did not think that Alcoa could beat you guys. They beat your Freshman team.

How did the Gibbs game end up?

I did not think that Alcoa could beat you guys. They beat your Freshman team.

How did the Gibbs game end up?

I had to leave the game early, but it ended ina 7-7 tie. Farragut jumped out to a 3-0 lead early, but then Gibbs came back to tie 3-3, before mass substitution started.

Farragut won at Sweetwater last night, but it was a weird scrimmage. Both teams bunted through the lineup in the first inning, without any outs, then they started playing with 3 out in the 2nd. Farragut ended up winning 5-1.

Jeff Co. today at the Northwest Knoxville complex. There is a JV tournament going on there as well today.