best sophmores

crackerjack10

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who are some of the best sophmores in the state and where do they go???

I saw USJ play once last year. I guess the Gant kid is who I saw. He looked as good as any pitcher I've seen in years. I would estimate he worked around 84-87 mph. Excellent control and command of all three pitches. If he's a sophomore he's sure going to be tough in a few years.

Will Clinard from East Robertson! Outstanding as a freshman - .360 - 5 hrs - 29 RBIs. He also throws in the mid to high 80s! A great kid also! :thumb:

While spending some time coaching varies ages in rec ball and travel ball over the past 15 yrs. I have a great love and interest in players from all over the area. Having also seen East Robertson play the last couple of years and noticed a couple of good players on that team I am hesitant to comment here but just curious about this post. Do i understand you to say that the Clinard kid has been clocked in the high 80's as a freshman ? If that is in fact accurate he is very talented at such a young age. Not many if any kids I have ever seen can throw it in the high 80's much less be affective or consistant at age 14-15. If your numbers are true then East Robertson has a gem of a kid on their hands and I am sure we will all be hearing about him very soon this spring. However, its hard to believe he can throw at that speed with any real consistancy at all but then again I could be wrong. It is just pretty rare you find any kid in high school that can maintain speeds in the high 80's much less one that is 14-15 yrs old. Just a thought here.