Tyler Smith

dudumonaghan

I don't know why we are still talking about this guy. He made a loser decision about not going to UT and probably miss his opportunity b/c he thought he was too good. I don't care about ever seeing him in a uniform again. Pearl made the right decision b/c it was the better one for his program. Get off Pearl's back, I guarantee this, whoever Smith plays for he won't have a better coach than Pearl.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler smith got into trouble with the NCAA when they found out that Buzz Peterson was paying rent on tylers apartment, my guess is thats the only reason tyler smith was there, now that UT has a coach with CLASS in bruce pearl he must have known that pearl wouldnt be payin rent for even Lebron James...

Bruce Pearl For Coach of The year?? Agreed???

Vols Tournament Bound and not the NIT

Tyler smith got into trouble with the NCAA when they found out that Buzz Peterson was paying rent on tylers apartment, my guess is thats the only reason tyler smith was there, now that UT has a coach with CLASS in bruce pearl he must have known that pearl wouldnt be payin rent for even Lebron James...

This is a joke...Tyler Smith failed high school in his last semester so that he could go to prep school and get out of his letter of intent. He knew as soon as Buzz was gone that he wasn't gonna go there even though he said he was going "to give Pearl a chance"

Perhaps you have never sit in on a Pearl practice. If a player is going to play for Bruce Pearl he better do everything right in practice, and I do mean everything. He has no problem using any 4 letter words to describe a player and his play in practice. The difference between him and Buzz is so large that it cant be measured.. Pearl has good PR skills, but class in practice, thats funny. I still like the man, he has turned the Vols around, but please dont play the class card. He gets the job done, but unless you are old enough to get in Rated R movies, dont go to a Pearl practice.

Perhaps you have never sit in on a Pearl practice. If a player is going to play for Bruce Pearl he better do everything right in practice, and I do mean everything. He has no problem using any 4 letter words to describe a player and his play in practice. The difference between him and Buzz is so large that it cant be measured.. Pearl has good PR skills, but class in practice, thats funny. I still like the man, he has turned the Vols around, but please dont play the class card. He gets the job done, but unless you are old enough to get in Rated R movies, dont go to a Pearl practice.

Oh my goodness. Are there any other coaches that scream and use four-letter words?

P.S. You are basing everything you know on a bit Fox Sports showed before the Florida game?!

Edited by Grace Golden Eagles

I heard Chuck Benson, with whom Tyler Smith had such a great relationship, was Buzz's bagman. When Benson was not retained Smiths were upset. I wonder why. Could he have Tyler's Sugar Daddy?

When Benson was not retained Smiths were upset. I wonder why. Could he have Tyler's Sugar Daddy?

You obviously know nothing of recruiting. That happens all the time when a coach head or assistant is fired. Mitch Mustain ....#1 QB in the Nation...the assistant coach that recruited him was fired and he backed out of his commitment to university of Arkansas. That is the classic case this year. The only people kids really know at a school are the coaches who recruit them. When those coaches are gone of course a kid is gonna have second thoughts. A connection with the coaches is usually the difference in where a kid wants to go. Don't try to hint at some illegal going on when he did something that tons of recruits before him have done and plenty will do after him

You obviously know nothing of recruiting. That happens all the time when a coach head or assistant is fired. Mitch Mustain ....#1 QB in the Nation...the assistant coach that recruited him was fired and he backed out of his commitment to university of Arkansas. That is the classic case this year. The only people kids really know at a school are the coaches who recruit them. When those coaches are gone of course a kid is gonna have second thoughts. A connection with the coaches is usually the difference in where a kid wants to go. Don't try to hint at some illegal going on when he did something that tons of recruits before him have done and plenty will do after him

Benson spent a little time in Pulaski before he went to UT the second time. His Pop's an AAU man. I wonder if that helped him get the UT assistant job.

On your QB story, Arkansas was telling Mustain that they were going to hire David Cutcliff, the quarterback developer as an assistant at Arkansas. Cutcliff went to Tennessee, so Arkansas hired the kid's high school coach and he still didn't go there.

On your QB story, Arkansas was telling Mustain that they were going to hire David Cutcliff, the quarterback developer as an assistant at Arkansas. Cutcliff went to Tennessee, so Arkansas hired the kid's high school coach and he still didn't go there.

Shows what you know

Cutcliffe was mentioned mildly with Arkansas but never a real threat to steal him away from Tennessee. They didn't tell him that. They fired his position coach Roy Wittke and he got uneasy went nobody had a clue what was going on, if Nutt was even gonna stay. He wanted to go to Notre Dame but wasn't sure with their QB situation and they already had 2 top QB's committed. Malzahn was going to be on the staff anyways but Frank Broyles (AD) is the one who made Houston Nutt hire Malzahn as full Offensive Coordinator. Heck Malzahn was interviewed 3 years ago for an asst coach position but Roy Wittke was hird instead, how ironic. Mustain committed after feeling more comfortable with his new QB Coach Alex Wood and assurance from Houston Nutt that he wouldn't be thrown in to start next year unless he was ready. Pressure from all over the state will want that. He wants to redshirt if possible. After all of that he RECOMMITTED to Arkansas and signed with them on February 1st....I would recommend you don't talk to me about that subject or try to dispute anything about that :ph34r:

Oh my goodness. Are there any other coaches that scream and use four-letter words?

P.S. You are basing everything you know on a bit Fox Sports showed before the Florida game?!

Look I said I like Bruce Pearl.

But he is super intense. If you dont have thick skin, you will not last on his team.

And no,I was there during an open practice. I didnt even get to watch the Florida game.