Marion Co.

MCHeadHunter

Before I go any further in this thread, I want you to know that I am in no way trying to stir trouble. I like Coach Laws and have the deepest respect for her and Brandon. I wish her a speedy recovery and wish her the very best.

With that said…

The practices are closed so I haven’t been able to watch much of anything. From what I’ve heard (and I do mean heard because I haven’t talked with each player) most of the players are very happy playing for Coach Moore and Layne. If you remember, Coach Moore sent a letter home with each girl last Tuesday stating he was the head coach for this season. I know several players were approached the next day by many girls wanting to join the team since David Moore was asked to be the head coach. I have no idea if they will be allowed to tryout.

I do know that the coaching situation is NOT completely solved. Coach Laws is telling, or trying to tell, Coach Moore and Layne what to do during practice. Relaying messages to the players through Coach Moore and Layne and setting rules as to what the girls are to do. My question is how are Coach Moore and Layne ever going to coach a successful season if Coach Laws does not let them have control of this team. As a parent I’m a little tried of all the drama and we haven’t even played the first game yet.

I guess posting this info keeps the crap stirred, but I’m simply answering the questions asked.

If anyone else has more info, please let me know. I anything I have posted is incorrect, please set the record straight.

Is this the Darrell Layne that plays softball.?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey stinky.....have you ever even seen a fastpitch softball game? Didn't think so. Go back to sniffing peoples pickles!! :ph34r:

I think the answer to this question is quite obvious. I have had the occasion to partake in the viewing of a highschool girl's softball game. Many of them even.

Is this the Darrell Layne that plays softball.?

No, that was Tom and Melvin Layne. And besides if it was the same guy it wouldn't matter. Slowpitch and fastpitch softball are alot different.

Edited by StinkPickles

the question now is will the parents leave Coach Moore and Coach Layne alone and let them coach? word going around is that a parent or parents r watching practice and giving Coach Laws daily updates. what these parents need 2 understand is that Coach Laws is not the coach rite now and probbly wont B for the rest of this year. they need to git behind the ones that r coaching and support what they doing. Coach Laws told us at the meeting that she'd B checked out again by the dr. if she is released then she can be N charge again but the way i c it she aint got no say so till then. our girls r happy 2 B playing ball. lets git behind them and support them and stop stabbing the coaches N the back. good luck girls.

Can somebody give us an update on playday? How did Marion look? What about it MCHS_Dad, LuvTheGame10, or FatNasty....Give it up!!!!

we thought it went very well..... we think we will be strong in the valley, dont know about chatt. dont know what they have yet. hope every body caught a game or two. what about the the back to back in two games. spanglers first one was the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A SHOT