District 10 A

AllCountyPatriot5815

We play East Literature Monday, McEwen Wednesday and Friday we play Houston County. was the pitcher from East Literature that pitched against WHH was he good or did yall just not hit?East Robertson if yall play like you did against us CA WILL beat you.

Yeah i definately think CA could beat East, especially if u guys play bad. But i think u guys will beat them if u play right. Good luck NCS, u guys are the last team we play in the district, cuz we play each team once and then start over and do it again, and yall are last.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your exactly right McDowel, if we play like we played yall we will lose to every team including Heritage and McEwen. But we are a much better ball team than that, not taking anything away from yall's team because are fundamently sound but we could have played yall much better. Tuck i look forward to tomorrow, it should be a dandy like you said, i'm really looking forward to it. I heard yall had a good weekend at the classic and i heard yall were playing good ball again and we had a not so good week except for our game against Heritage but it still wasn't that great. But i look forward to it Tuck and good luck to yall and we'll see ya at 6.

Good luck today East! Don't choke like you did against NCS! Get the D up and the sticks going!

How can you say dont choke like you did against NCS?Wasnt NCS favored to win anyways? We played East Literature today and won 14-1.They arnt very good but they do have one pitcher that is the best we have faced this year.He is a left with a flat fastball but good control prabaly in the low to mid 70's with a very good curve. I think its the same pitcher that had 14 ks against WHH.He is also their only hitter #7. the game was 3-1 going into the seventh when he ren out of gas i think it was 5-1 when he came out but the other two pitchers wernt very good.Im waiting to see who won the East Jo Byrns game... goodluck both teams.... i didnt remember Jo Byrns having lights to be able to play at 6. Does anyone know Houston Countys district record and are they better then they were last year.

How can you say dont choke like you did against NCS?Wasnt NCS favored to win anyways? We played East Literature today and won 14-1.They arnt very good but they do have one pitcher that is the best we have faced this year.He is a left with a flat fastball but good control prabaly in the low to mid 70's with a very good curve. I think its the same pitcher that had 14 ks against WHH.He is also their only hitter #7. the game was 3-1 going into the seventh when he ren out of gas i think it was 5-1 when he came out but the other two pitchers wernt very good.Im waiting to see who won the East Jo Byrns game... goodluck both teams.... i didnt remember Jo Byrns having lights to be able to play at 6. Does anyone know Houston Countys district record and are they better then they were last year.

Jo Byrns won 12-2, and they have had lights for 2 or 3 years now. Houston Co. looked good beating Kenwood 11-1 but then got beat 7-0 by Springfield in the Yellow Jacket Classic. So i think they are an up and down team right now.

Tuck, Did East not hit the ball? What about errors? I meant no disrespect to NCS when i made my comment, but if East played to their capabality it wouldn't have been 12-0 against NCS or 12-2 against Jo Byrns! Their are some teams in the District that you can tell intimidate East and I don't know why! They have the talent just like everyone else! Good Luck this year to all 10A teams!

You know what Dave you are exactly right I don't know what our problem is but we decide to come and play ball like we can when we want to then sometimes we just act like we don't want it at all. The other day at Sycamore we played them 1-1 the whole game till the 6th inning and i have never seen us play like that before, if we could just play like that all the time then we would just be fine and contend with NCS and Jo Byrns. Jo Byrns and NCS are both solid teams, they both hit the ball very well and got decent pitching. The umpire was really tight last night, but not just for one team, both team. The 1st inning started off, Parker Holman popped out but was not caught then the Brandon Sneed hit a 2-run homer after that. The next batter struck out then we had a fly ball to LF and it dropped right in front of the fielder, then we walked one, struck one out, then a line-drive brought in 2 runs, and they scored another one somewhere but i don't remember. Our at-bat of the 1st, Wilks struck out then me and Coffee both walked, then Clinard struck out, and Miller struck out. They scored 3 more runs in the 2nd and I got pulled and Pitt came in. From there we started playing decent Defence but still not enought sticks to get the job done. So thats pretty much the whole game, i stunk it up last night pitching even though both of there home runs would have been outs or doubles we still lost. You know we both have the oppurtunity to hit home runs to which Daniel L. did but still not enought to get us back in the game.

Yeah he told alot about the game but not everything. Jo Byrns had 4 HR's 2 off of Hooper, and both would have been doubles or triples off the fence at there field. They were both in the right-center gap. Eli's Homerun would have been gone at East, and whitakers would have been close. I dont think East had that many errors, but they did have a few. I think JBS had like 2 errors. East is better then they have been playing, but they better get into to shape for the CA game, so they dont get down 1-3 in the district. Parker had trouble w/ the strike zone also, but did keep batters off balance pretty good. Whitaker came in relieve for 2 innings and held East scoreless. I dont want to here excuses about the fence, because u guys had the same opprutunity, and really we play better on deep fences most of the time anyways. Look at last year 14-13 at our field, and 15-0 at yalls field. East did have one long homerun, but that was it. Good luck to u guys, and we'll see u guys again soon.

Dave i can't even tell you whats up with us cause i don't even know. I don't know if its experience, playing as a team, quiting to early in the game or what but we need to get it changed quick or we are going to be the Heritage of our district and thats not something i want to be a part of. NCS we just didn't show up, no sticks, they had a good pitcher, just a bad day....Sycamore, they were really good but we were winning 1-0 all the way to the 5th inning and then just feel apart and got run-ruled....Jo Byrns, they brought the sticks, didn't get any help from Defence, we didn't hit that well, and everybody just quit. Friendship Christian, Will shut them down, they had 11 runs on 3 hits, come on now 3 hits? you can't have all that if you want to be a winning team. I just don't know what wrong, but i'm not having any fun and i know nobody else is either, i think we will turn it around the question is only when????

Dave i can't even tell you whats up with us cause i don't even know. I don't know if its experience, playing as a team, quiting to early in the game or what but we need to get it changed quick or we are going to be the Heritage of our district and thats not something i want to be a part of. NCS we just didn't show up, no sticks, they had a good pitcher, just a bad day....Sycamore, they were really good but we were winning 1-0 all the way to the 5th inning and then just feel apart and got run-ruled....Jo Byrns, they brought the sticks, didn't get any help from Defence, we didn't hit that well, and everybody just quit. Friendship Christian, Will shut them down, they had 11 runs on 3 hits, come on now 3 hits? you can't have all that if you want to be a winning team. I just don't know what wrong, but i'm not having any fun and i know nobody else is either, i think we will turn it around the question is only when????

You better do it quick with 8 District games coming out of the next 11 games! Its now or never!

Edited by dave61502

EASTBASEBALL25. HERITAGE WILL TURN THEIR PROGRAM AROUND. THEIR BATS JUST NEED TO WAKE UP. AND WE ARE VERY YOUNG REMEMBER. JUST STARTING TO HAVE A FEW SENIORS. EAST HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME ITS FUSTRATING WHEN YOU CANT GET IT GOING. GOOD LUCK TO EAST AND HOPE IT GETS GOING FOR YOU.