District 10 A

AllCountyPatriot5815

the rankings are cool i guess but they really mean nothing until tournament time. i dont believe anyone else in the district can compete with ncs or jo byrns. #1 and #2 without a doubt in my mind. i give nashville christian the edge because of pitching. we will have to see what the devils can come up with on the mound, (i have no clue yet) but they can always hit the ball. The difference is- i dont see ncs losing a district game outside this series all year barring a radical slip up. Jo byrns has already lost to CA and this one loss could be the difference. say these two teams split in the regular season and the edge has to go to ncs. All im saying is, dont be suprised. when ncs plays jo byrns friday they will not have their right fielder/ pitcher and probably biggest bat. he becomes eligible after that game unfortunately. the eagles are hot though and everyone can agree that a 16-0 district record banner sure would look good. we'll see. its early why not be a little optimistic. its a long season and i agree with previous posts that at least one of these teams will make a run (State) and represent our district and even our region well.

Just want to say that ur comment about pitching is obviously w/o knowing much about Jo Byrns. You guys have a good pitcher in Mcdowell, but the rest of ur pitching staff is average at best, Jo Byrns has a good pitcher in Holman, but the rest of our staff is also about average, but we have alot of guys that can hurl. Not saying our pitchin is better, but u also cant say that ours is worse.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to say that ur comment about pitching is obviously w/o knowing much about Jo Byrns. You guys have a good pitcher in Mcdowell, but the rest of ur pitching staff is average at best, Jo Byrns has a good pitcher in Holman, but the rest of our staff is also about average, but we have alot of guys that can hurl. Not saying our pitchin is better, but u also cant say that ours is worse.

Your exactly right bigtuck. Its hard to tell what kind of pitching NCS has so far ....they usually only pitch 3 guys. No one has seen the other guys yet. Same with Jo Byrns i would guess. NCS has a couple of other guys who can throw pretty well with some experience but just haven't been used yet. Not sure how this game with Jo Byrns will turn out other than it will be a good game i hope. No comment on the missing right fielder. The least said the better about if he has a big bat or not ....he has been out most of the season so no way to know how good he is hitting the ball.

Either way. this game coming up on Friday will be a good one i think. Hope lots of people come out and support their teams.

I think Chase Wood might be better then average for us bit he waited to late this being his senior year to step up and work hard.We have a couple of other guys that will make an impact on the mound before they leave prabably not this year but they will before they leave.I cant wait until Friday but we have to take care of WHH tomorrow.But Friday is the big one a real big one.I think that everyone that saw NCS play last year knows that the right feilder is the biggest bat in the line up and he has been missed this year(his slack has been picked up by a freshmen that is hitting well over .500) so if he works hard hopefuly he can step right in and not have to much rust to brush off.

Jo Byrns 1 3 3 0 0 7

Houston Co. 0 0 0 0 1 0

WP- Parker Holman: 2IP 0H 4K's 1W

Save- Brandon Sneed 4IP 1H 3K's 0W

Eli Carlisle 3-run HR.

Just some details about the game, Parker had a no hitter, but was alittle tight so removed himself from the game, and was replaced by Brandon who only gave up one hit. Houston pitched a lefty, but he left in the 2nd or 3rd inning, and 2 more guys ended up pitching. Only bad thing for Jo Byrns was they had 3 errors.

Now with only White House Heritage left b4 NCS, its time to start talkin about this game. I will start a topic. Dont get me wrong were not overlooking Heritage, cuz we know what that will get us, remember CA. But we are confident that we will win, w/ a good pitcher on the mound, and almost an entire team that is hott. Including our 9 batter is like 6 for his last 8 or 9. I see that Heritage only lost by 5 runs, which is better then i would have thought, so whats the details, y was it this close? Did Hill pitch?

Edited by bigtuck4242

Yes Hill pitched he got pulled in the 3rd or 4th im not sure why maybe they are saving him for yallbecause he was throwin decent i think he had given up 3 runs when he got pulled.Then thet brought in a lefty with only a flat fastball very hittable.Hill is their best hittter but they have a couple of guys that can take it deep with the feild being 295 all around..they hit two off me....one the wind blew out and the short fence help dont think it would have been gone at Jo Byrns but the other was crushed it might not have got out at NCS not sure but either way it was crushed.

Jo Byrns 1 3 3 0 0 7

Houston Co. 0 0 0 0 1 0

WP- Parker Holman: 2IP 0H 4K's 1W

Save- Brandon Sneed 4IP 1H 3K's 0W

Eli Carlisle 3-run HR.

Just some details about the game, Parker had a no hitter, but was alittle tight so removed himself from the game, and was replaced by Brandon who only gave up one hit. Houston pitched a lefty, but he left in the 2nd or 3rd inning, and 2 more guys ended up pitching. Only bad thing for Jo Byrns was they had 3 errors.

Now with only White House Heritage left b4 NCS, its time to start talkin about this game. I will start a topic. Dont get me wrong were not overlooking Heritage, cuz we know what that will get us, remember CA. But we are confident that we will win, w/ a good pitcher on the mound, and almost an entire team that is hott. Including our 9 batter is like 6 for his last 8 or 9. I see that Heritage only lost by 5 runs, which is better then i would have thought, so whats the details, y was it this close? Did Hill pitch?

Hill pitched 3 2/3 and came out. I came out b/c my arm isnt in great condition yet, having only pitched off of a mound less then 10 times the past 2 years or so. We played good and we're right in the game the whole way, when NC blew up in the 6th and 7th. 41 for NC pitched good, has a strong fastball and pretty good breaking balls. he has two diff. breakin pitches that move good but are probably 20 mph slower than his fastball which makes them a little easier to read coming out of his hand. Good Luck to everyone...

McDowell are you pitching Friday against Jo Byrns or do you think that yall are going to throw one of yall's slower pitchers against them, in my opinion thats what yall should do cause they are a fastball team but i think that you might could shut them down. I told yall Heritage was improved and everybody better keep looking out for them. But today any pick on East vs. CA??? Give me some feedback on that question if you will. Oh yeah and Dave are still coming up here tomorrow or what?

Hill pitched 3 2/3 and came out. I came out b/c my arm isnt in great condition yet, having only pitched off of a mound less then 10 times the past 2 years or so. We played good and we're right in the game the whole way, when NC blew up in the 6th and 7th. 41 for NC pitched good, has a strong fastball and pretty good breaking balls. he has two diff. breakin pitches that move good but are probably 20 mph slower than his fastball which makes them a little easier to read coming out of his hand. Good Luck to everyone...

Wow Mcdowell pitched against Heritage, wouldnt expect that. No offense to Heritage. was Heritage ever in the lead?

Do u play for Heritage Nator?

Edited by bigtuck4242

Wow Mcdowell pitched against Heritage, wouldnt expect that. No offense to Heritage. was Heritage ever in the lead?

Do u play for Heritage Nator?

in the first inning i hit a solo homerun and that put us up 1-0 until 4th inning and then they put up 3 to make it 3-1, then Hill got on base and then Zeak Pirtle hit a homerun with Hill on to make it tied, then we went up by one after the homerun 4-3, then NCS tore it up in the 6th and 7th inning, and we couldn't answer. We were mad that we lost, but in a way, we feel better then the begining of the season because we know now that we can hang with anybody in the district.

So ur Allen then if u hit the other HR. Well i'm glad u guys played good, although i would have loved to have seen u guys win. Did u guys pull Hill to save him for us, or was he just tired? It seems like everybody is pitching there best pitchers against us, but thats ok cuz that will just make us ready for the tournament. East Lit didnt throw #7, but i bet he will throw next time. Tell ur NON starter Danny Rakes to stop talkin crap, cuz its not good for u guys. He says that yalls nonstarters are better then the starters, and that yalls non starters could beat us. I have seen Danny play and to be frank, he stinks!! So i hope that isnt true.

So ur Allen then if u hit the other HR. Well i'm glad u guys played good, although i would have loved to have seen u guys win. Did u guys pull Hill to save him for us, or was he just tired? It seems like everybody is pitching there best pitchers against us, but thats ok cuz that will just make us ready for the tournament. East Lit didnt throw #7, but i bet he will throw next time. Tell ur NON starter Danny Rakes to stop talkin crap, cuz its not good for u guys. He says that yalls nonstarters are better then the starters, and that yalls non starters could beat us. I have seen Danny play and to be frank, he stinks!! So i hope that isnt true.

lol, Tuck, i thought you knew it was me the whole time, thanks for pullin for us in the NCS game, we really should have won, we just couldn't catch a break, but Hill got pulled because his arm was botherin him i'm sure because he pitch most of the game against Houston County last thursday, but i'm not sure if he's gonna pitch tomorrow or not. well for the whole danny rakes thing, i don't know what he has been sayin about the starters, but i mean if he's talkin crap about his own teams starters then he needs to watch it because that's rediculous.